shape
carat
color
clarity

Storm''s new asscher - Names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Loving *Incendio*

Congrats again, Karl!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I like "Incendio"

I also like "Octavia" -- here''s the Wikipedia excerpt about her:

"One of the most prominent women in Roman history, Octavia was respected and admired by contemporaries for her loyalty, nobility and humanity, and for maintaining traditional Roman feminine virtues."

Isn''t "8" an auspicious number in some cultures?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful new diamond design, Storm.

Incendio is a kicken name!
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 10:22:31 AM
Author: sarap333
I like ''Incendio''

I also like ''Octavia'' -- here''s the Wikipedia excerpt about her:

''One of the most prominent women in Roman history, Octavia was respected and admired by contemporaries for her loyalty, nobility and humanity, and for maintaining traditional Roman feminine virtues.''

Isn''t ''8'' an auspicious number in some cultures?

or Octave :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really beautiful, and I''d love to see one in person! I really like Steps of Love, however, yeah, the initials being SOL sort of ruin it.
9.gif

I do have to agree with many others, the current name sounds a bit "work in progress", and I love the idea of naming it something to do with 8. Or even "star". I love Estrella or Strella, the Spanish and Italian translations of star. Or even Octava, Italian for octave. Or even the italian translation of Steps of Love - Passi Dell''amore. Star of Love? Stelle d''amore?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 10:42:44 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

I like ''Incendio''

''One of the most prominent women in Roman history, Octavia was respected and admired by contemporaries for her loyalty, nobility and humanity, and for maintaining traditional Roman feminine virtues.''

or Octave :)

Oh, I like "Ocatve" too!! Nice!!

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
I like ''Incendio''

Yup, "8" is auspicious in Chinese culture.
2.gif

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 11:19:35 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
It''s really beautiful, and I''d love to see one in person! I really like Steps of Love, however, yeah, the initials being SOL sort of ruin it.
9.gif

I do have to agree with many others, the current name sounds a bit ''work in progress'', and I love the idea of naming it something to do with 8. Or even ''star''. I love Estrella or Strella, the Spanish and Italian translations of star. Or even Octava, Italian for octave. Or even the italian translation of Steps of Love - Passi Dell''amore. Star of Love? Stelle d''amore?
I''ve seen diamonds named "Estrella" and "Sol" in the city I live.

May I know what the connotation of SOL is? I thought it means the Sun but it seems it connotes something bad in the US cullture.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
How about Arret (French - the language of love)

Pronunciation: [ah reh]. Sounds quite pretty when said aloud...

The diamond is an octagonal shape...like a STOP sign.

The beauty of this diamond will stop her in her tracks....
9.gif

Beautiful work, gentlemen
36.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2009 12:42:07 PM
Author: sillysweetie

May I know what the connotation of SOL is? I thought it means the Sun but it seems it connotes something bad in the US cullture.

S&#t Out of Luck.

Do you need the inner two letters?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
This is fun!

LightStorm?
FireLight?
Showstopper? (going with the stop sign analogy)

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
I like WHAMMY!

lol thats kinda what goes through one''s head when they see the light performance of this diamond! congrats again storm.

P.S. on a serious note i vote for the name Octavia or Octave :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pop Rock

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 12:42:07 PM
Author: sillysweetie

9.gif

I do have to agree with many others, the current name sounds a bit ''work in progress'', and I love the idea of naming it something to do with 8. Or even ''star''. I love Estrella or Strella, the Spanish and Italian translations of star. Or even Octava, Italian for octave. Or even the italian translation of Steps of Love - Passi Dell''amore. Star of Love? Stelle d''amore?
I''ve seen diamonds named ''Estrella'' and ''Sol'' in the city I live.

SOL is used in the US an abbreviation for "s**t out of luck".

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Lumiere
Etoile
Flambeau
Nimbus
Resplendence
Blaze
Elan
Helios
Icarus
Aura
Quinessence
Sublimity
Spark

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Oh and:
The Perfect Strm
Dia-Storm
Ice Strm

Okay, I''m done. No, really.
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like Kathy is on your list of names.
9.gif

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Heeeeeeeee! I find that diamond very inspirational!!
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

I think Passi Dell''amore is amazing. I think it needs to be something romantic, because you''re seriously going to stop people in their tracks with this, and you want a name that rolls off the tongue. Plus, we all know a good chunk of marketing in the US is focused on equating diamonds and love, so why not work with it?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prince

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
steps of fire

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Octavia or Octave or luminous

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 2:38:22 PM
Author: strmrdr
steps of fire
Love tha!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far I like most
Incendio (it sounds cool and rolls off the tongue, references the "fire" of the gem)
Octave (classic, sounds like an established gem shape, musical reference and hence appealing to musical types)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like:

Storm (which I suggested on the other thread)
Dia-Storm - great idea from one of the above posts
Incendio - koooooool

Karl - if you are happy sharing how about something with wife2be''s name mixed in? There''d be no better present than that!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
After reading wifey2be''s lovely heartfelt post in the other thread...how about calling the gem

Insania

30.gif

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
How about naming it after your wife, that would be the ultimate romantic gesture?

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Like I mentioned in the other thread, I think "Stairway to Heaven" represents this new stone well because of it''s wonderfully bright step cuts and beautiful high crown.

Love this stone BTW!
30.gif

Cachette
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results