shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone sizing conundrum

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so at some point this year once everything has settled I plan on having a lab ruby cut. My problem is deciding final cut and shape. At this moment I am thinking moval. I like how these tend to come out and love the rounded ends instead of points. For size i am considering 10x6. Do you guys think it might come out too deep and be uncomfortable to wear? I am used to wearing 7mm in round or cushion no problem but I usually don't choose other shapes so I'm not sure what to do. I don't want this one to be too small either.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Bump

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think it's hard for anyone to answer that except you! if the lab ruby isn't too expensive and you think those are the dimensions you want, maybe order the stone first and see, and then set it? If you order in a calibrated size it'll be easy to find a setting later...

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
i think it's hard for anyone to answer that except you! if the lab ruby isn't too expensive and you think those are the dimensions you want, maybe order the stone first and see, and then set it? If you order in a calibrated size it'll be easy to find a setting later...

I think that's my entire problem lol. I just have no clue since I pretty much wear 7x7s. Even the little stone on the finger website is no help atm. Wtb jeweller who isn't 45 minutes away from me lol. But I do appreciate the reply! I think I will end up just placing the order for that size and hoping for the best :)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm so that site estimates a fairly comparanly sized oval would be about 4mm high... i honestly don't think it'll be too tall but the size may take some getting used to at first. ;-)

Screenshot_20200113-212524_Firefox.jpg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
hmm so that site estimates a fairly comparanly sized oval would be about 4mm high... i honestly don't think it'll be too tall but the size may take some getting used to at first. ;-)

Screenshot_20200113-212524_Firefox.jpg

Thank you! I think changing it to oval shape helped a bit. Didn't even think of that. I had been trying it under marquise thinking that would be more how it would turn out. I think I will like it. Now I just need to finish our move so I can get this stone cut. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I think changing it to oval shape helped a bit. Didn't even think of that. I had been trying it under marquise thinking that would be more how it would turn out. I think I will like it. Now I just need to finish our move so I can get this stone cut. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it!

I was just looking at my oval which is almost like a roval. It is 2 carats and around 10x7.5. The depth is also around 4 mm and in a basket setting it is showing 6.5 mm deep. That is not too high off the finger compared to many of my other settings. I don’t think you will have a problem.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I was just looking at my oval which is almost like a roval. It is 2 carats and around 10x7.5. The depth is also around 4 mm and in a basket setting it is showing 6.5 mm deep. That is not too high off the finger compared to many of my other settings. I don’t think you will have a problem.

Thank you! That helps to know too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results