shape
carat
color
clarity

stone fluro! Is this going to be hazy/milky diamond?

faykis

Rough_Rock
Hi, today one of my local store lady found this stone from international seller which looks great to me from photos and videos.
I was looking for sides of diamond eye clean or whitish inclusions only. She did and excellent job and found me exactly what i was looking for.
Its a .87ct, F, SI1
Measurement looks fine
HCA score1
3ex

Only issue is its strong fluoro.
Though she said that

"My gemologist overseas has confirmed it is a beautiful diamond with lots of sparkle!
I can confirm the diamond I sourced is 100% eye clean from face up, it is a beautiful diamond.
There is a tiny white inclusion slightly visible from the sides, however very small! I am just getting an image from the side view for you.
The diamond is beautiful with lots of fire and whiteness, the diamond is a beautiful size."

Do you guys think it could be hazy/cloudy/ milky?
What should I expext in sunlight?
I am happy if it gives a blue tinge in sunlight, i may infact love it but i dont what it to look hazy in sunlight or in sunshed.
Can you guys predict that from the photos and videos?
This is a link of the video:
http://103.19.133.108/hd.aspx?Stoneid=8815500268&log=dolchess

image_36.png image_35.png image_488.jpg image_487.jpg

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
faykis|1456737854|3997256 said:

I am happy if it gives a blue tinge in sunlight, i may infact love it but i dont what it to look hazy in sunlight or in sunshed.

Hey mate - while there are some rules-of-thumb when assessing fluorescence, it simply depends on the individual stone. A diamond where the fluorescence makes the diamond look 'milky', 'oily' or 'cloudy' is definitely a negative (usually only found in strong/very strong...but even then only a very small percentage). Chances are that the strong fluoro in the stone you're looking at is fine...but you might just want to get the vendor to confirm this with their supplier.
Also, because of normal discounting, fluorescence might also be an excellent way to get a beautiful diamond that might normally be a little bit out of your price range without it. So if you find a stone with strong or very strong fluoro and there is no effect outside of direct UV, you might want to consider it as your cost price can come way down.
Many people happily own diamonds for their entire lifetimes without ever being aware of the presence or absence of fluorescence in their stones.
Hope this helps

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
ADN said:
faykis|1456737854|3997256 said:

Hey mate - while there are some rules-of-thumb when assessing fluorescence, it simply depends on the individual stone. A diamond where the fluorescence makes the diamond look 'milky', 'oily' or 'cloudy' is definitely a negative (usually only found in strong/very strong...but even then only a very small percentage). Chances are that the strong fluoro in the stone you're looking at is fine...but you might just want to get the vendor to confirm this with their supplier.
Also, because of normal discounting, fluorescence might also be an excellent way to get a beautiful diamond that might normally be a little bit out of your price range without it. So if you find a stone with strong or very strong fluoro and there is no effect outside of direct UV, you might want to consider it as your cost price can come way down.
Many people happily own diamonds for their entire lifetimes without ever being aware of the presence or absence of fluorescence in their stones.
Hope this helps
Spot on with ADN. I'll just add to that - whether or not fluorescence makes a stone hazy or milky - S and VS Fluorescence does discount the stone quite a bit especially in the colourless range.
However a 0.87ct is a VERY GOOD size and these sizes come at a premium. So it may just balance off the price effect.

However a word of caution - you wouldn't know if fluorescence is for you untill you have actually seen it. Again fluorescence is not good or bad - it's just fluorescence. Fluorescence can be bad in very limited amount of circumstances - when it makes the stone appear hazy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results