color
clarity

Stone Check, Please......

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Check with other vendors for lower pricing.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Check with other vendors for lower pricing.

I have and found one that's lower for this stone, but they didn't have the video, so posted this link. What do you think of the stone?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I like it, but I'm still learning. (Just learned about upper bezel facet darkening earlier today ...)
Can't wait to see what expert eyes see!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks very nice, though there may be some over-obstruction (paddling at the arrow tips).

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stone looks very nice, though there may be some over-obstruction (paddling at the arrow tips).

OK - how would that affect it's performance? Is that something to be really concerned about?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - how would that affect it's performance? Is that something to be really concerned about?

In a ring, it may mean it looks a little darker than another stone might at the same distance. For a pendant or earrings, it's probably not an issue.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ahhh....ok. Well, shoot.....this was going to be for a ring. It was the only one I found with the proportions I want in days of looking.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If the video is accurate I think the first one is much better.

There is so much I like better about the first one, too. I certainly like the proportions much better than these other two I posted......but now that I see that paddling, I can't unsee it.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are other good options at this size/price.

These do look nice. Would the larger table size mean that they would be bright, but not particularly fiery? I had been aiming for table around 55-56 and hopefully crown angle 34.5-35 with complementary pavilion angles to enhance fire, but maybe I don't know what I'm doing.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Another prospect:

This may have slight blue nuance.

These do look nice. Would the larger table size mean that they would be bright, but not particularly fiery? I had been aiming for table around 55-56 and hopefully crown angle 34.5-35 with complementary pavilion angles to enhance fire, but maybe I don't know what I'm doing.
IMO the differences are very nuanced. Unless you have compared similar proportions side by side in person you may not even notice the difference or have a strong preference.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Hello, OboeGal!
Let me know when you're here in the forum...I found one that you really need to take a look at then act on fast if you like what you see before it gets sniped by an anonymous lurker.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello, OboeGal!
Let me know when you're here in the forum...I found one that you really need to take a look at then act on fast if you like what you see before it gets sniped by an anonymous lurker.

Oooooo! Oooooo! I'm here!
:wavey:

Last edited:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello, OboeGal!

I'll be here a little while longer tonight, and I'll probably check back in on the thread around noon tomorrow.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be here a little while longer tonight, and I'll probably check back in on the thread around noon tomorrow.

Are you still around? I found two stones for you to take a look at.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much! It would be GREAT if I can get a stone from LooseGrownDiamond, because they have a setting I really, really want for it! <scurries off to check them out>

ETA: Well, phooo......the proportions on the certs look perfect, but according to every site except LooseGrownDiamond, both of those stones are already unavailable. I wonder if LooseGrownDiamond hasn't updated their inventory?

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! It would be GREAT if I can get a stone from LooseGrownDiamond, because they have a setting I really, really want for it! <scurries off to check them out>

ETA: Well, phooo......the proportions on the certs look perfect, but according to every site except LooseGrownDiamond, both of those stones are already unavailable. I wonder if LooseGrownDiamond hasn't updated their inventory?

Oh no! That might be the case, unfortunately.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no! That might be the case, unfortunately.

I really appreciate you and the other folks here taking the time to look, though.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes stones are available from some vendors and not others due to their relationships with their suppliers. I would double check with the vendor if you are really interested.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have another option for you that I'll post later.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Sorry for the delay - let me know when you're here again and I'll post the one that I found.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the delay - let me know when you're here again and I'll post the one that I found.

Hi, all! I'll be here for a bit. Thank you to everyone for your efforts on my behalf!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's one more for consideration.

Oh, that IS a lovely one! =)2 I had been avoiding looking at Ds in an attempt to avoid blue nuance. Am I correct that this one doesn't seem to have blue? Or is that something that can't really be seen in a video, and needs to be judged in person?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results