shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone and settings at the same place?

Razz

Rough_Rock
I am looking for the perfect ring for my bride-to-be, and I want to know if I should get the setting and the stone at the same place or two different places? Any help is really appreciated.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That depends - what kind of stone and setting are you interested in and what is your intended budget? Getting things at the same place does make things easier, but depending on the vendor, they might not be the best for quality settings.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whenever possible, one stop shopping is recommended. You can buy a setting and a stone from two different vendors. This often adds/requires processing time, another point of potential error/conflict, shipping, insurance, communication and coordination. When things go wrong, dealing with a single vendor is alot easier than potentially two. Many choose this route, because they can save some money and/or have a very specific setting/stone combo they want.

So it depends on what you want, how much coordination you are willing to perform, and your budget.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you gone shopping locally with her to have her measured and find out what diamond shapes she wants, and also what style settings she favors.

Razz

Rough_Rock
I'm doing everything myself and I don't want to get overwhelmed, so thanks for the advice about trying to get everything one place so that I only have one person to deal with. That will certainly take away some of the frustration of running around and dealing with too many people.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Razz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link, Flying Pig. I do want to learn as much as I can beforehand, so that I don't fall prey to scams or make costly mistakes. Thanks for sharing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results