shape
carat
color
clarity

Still no ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ok-im-stressed.41883/

Well I had to put it behind me because I had a final exam, but now that the exam is done, I''m majorly stressing again. Basically, the phone of the appraiser has been disconnected, and I haven''t heard one word about my ring. He hasn''t called me. So 10 days with NO news. The phone at the jeweler where he sent it is still ringing but there''s no answer (I''ve called like 20 times a day everyday). I drove to the address, and it''s a suite, where you have to buzz to be let in, and no one responded to the buzz.

I''m at loss at what to do. 10 days isn''t that long, but at the same time, one of those times he told me to call him the NEXT day, and then he goes and disappears. So bascially now what? I don''t even know what the next step to do is. Do I call the police and assume it''s been stolen? The better business bureau? Insurance claim? Or wait it out another week?

Anyways, any advice would be really appreciated.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I am flipping out on your behalf. I think I would be at the police station by now. If it''s an honest mistake, he will understand your dismay at being unable to reach anyone. If it''s not, you''re wasting precious time trying not to panic. Police my dear, now!!!

shay

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Are you kidding me Alley!!!!!!!! Police NOW! I am also freaking out on your behalf and if need be will drive to Montreal to search for your ring dear!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think you should go to the police. If you had insurance on the stone, you should probably call the insurance company too.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely go to the Police and call your insurance company and tell them what is going on. Oh Ally, I am freaking out for you..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Ally, this is terrifying - this guy has your property which you left with him in good faith for repair - definitely contact the police and your insurance company now! Better to find out if there is a genuine reason and feel a little silly than to waste precious time with this! As Shay says, if it is an honest mistake the guy will understand your need to reach him ASAP, but don''t take the chance - make those calls! Please keep us posted, we are sending positive vibes to you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yikes...i wasn't freaking out reading your original post (last week?) but it's been too long for this to go on with no word, and the whole phone disconnected and the suite not getting answered? i agree with calling the police, not sure what they can do to assist and who knows if you will get anywhere but i would at least try. good luck!

can you go to the suite and bang on the door, do they own the whole building or is it more like other people are in the suites too and someone may hear you? can you call another company in the suite on your cell (is there a list on the door?) and have them come out to buzz you? just thinking out loud here.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow...call the police immediately! Do you have a card or any information about this guy? The police can help you investigate the jeweler and find their location. I''m so sorry to hear about this ally!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Sh*t! You need to start making some calls...don''t leave it a moment longer.

Please keep us posted..we are all keeping our fingers crossed that this turns out ok!

Blod

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally, I agree with everyone else: call the police and your insurance company. Something is DEFINITELY not right here.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
OH NO!!!! I agree with what everyone else is saying! Call the police. Call your insurance company. Call the swat team!!! I think you have to act on the assumption that it''s been stolen, it hasn''t been 24 hrs - it''s been 10+ days. Hang in there Ally.

Scintillating....

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh! Alley I agree I would call the police and my insurance agent. He may have a better idea of who can help you locally. I am sorry honey I hope you get your ring back soon.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally, I am SO sorry! I really, really hope it is some sort of misunderstanding but I think you are doing the right thing by getting the police involved. Keep us updated!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Is there a slot at the suite where you can drop an envelope (under the door) stating I need to hear from you concerning my ring, here is my number, calling the police, etc. etc.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Allycat ~

I would be worried if I was you ... I am worried for you!!!
32.gif

I too gave someone my rings ... no calls back ... this is not a good sign that his phone has been disconnected!!! I would be hysterical!
39.gif

Who referred you to this appraiser to begin with? Just curious.

I hope you call the police and file a report. In this situation, I think 10 days is far long enough to let this ride ... I don''t have a good feeling about this.
38.gif

I am sooo sorry
emrose.gif
, and I wish I had a magic wand and make your ring appear, I will pray
12.gif
that your ring returns to you unharmed!

This is just awful ... Please keep us updated ... This kind of stuff should never happen to anybody ... It is definately awful!
14.gif

Hugs to you ...
emrose.gif

35.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, I''m so sorry this is happening to you!! I hope this gets settled SOON! I''d be so freaked out...
23.gif

Who is this guy (if you''re okay with telling me)? I''m definitely going to tell J to STAY AWAY!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is horrible!!!

I am sending you GOOD RING VIBES!!!!!

I would call the police and even call your local news station. They could do a story on it and track the guy down for you as well.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
OH no... I was worried but I was hoping I was being paranoid. I had to put it behind me because in med, you fail the final exam, you fail the year.

Now I'm freaking out a bit because....oh god this is careless but I only have insurance on the stone. And it was insured as a lose stone, and when we had it set in the setting, we never got around to changing the insurance to a ring...but we were still paying the premiums but on a loose stone....so I don't know what's going to happen. They had told us that the insurance was valid if we loose the stone, if it fell out of the setting etc., so I hope it's ok...although we would still have the loss of the setting.

So I'm taking your advice, and going to the police station (but which one?? I'm so clueless on this stuff). I'm really scared of the police, because I've never had any dealings with them.

Meanwhile, Monday morning, I'm going to go back to the building, and maybe try to ring another office, or do something. I feel so helpless.
39.gif

Thanks for all your support ladies. I'll keep you updated.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh ally.. I had no idea this was still going on! What a nightmare... I can''t imagine how you must be freaking out.

Keep us updated... sending you ring vibes too!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - so sorry this is happening to you. I hope this is all a misunderstanding but I would definitely follow through and report to police and insurance. If they didn''t skip town then they deserve the wake up call - you don''t remain incommunicado for a week with someone''s merchandise!!!

I hope this works out for you...keep us posted.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Ally, just checking in. Have you been to the Police station yet?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
This has been a really, really bad day. I went to the police in my town and OH MY GOSH!!! It was awful. When I said that it was a ring that I had to report missing the police man on duty asked me "are you sure you didn''t lose it?" And THEN when he asked me the worth, I told him my boyfriend paid about $14 000 Canadian for it and the policeman said "Now young lady, are you sure he paid that for it? It might be a zircon." I FLIPPED. Sorry, too much is too much. I told him to forget about it and left. It just goes to show just how LITTLE people in quebec care/spend on e-rings.

So ok. Then I went to Montreal police, and this time brought my boyfriend, the policewoman was professional, took all the info down, and they told me they would call when they had some news although it might take REALLY long. In the mean time she suggested that I keep trying to get in touch with him because it was possible that it was just some kind of misunderstanding.

But then as we were driving home, I got some really bad news. A policeman called me (a detective I think??) and he told me he was the one handling the case, and that he wanted to inform me that there were 5 other reports filed in the last week against the same individual. He couldn''t give me specifics, only said that it involved jewelery pieces that were left in the care of the individual, and as of yet the individual could not be reached.

I don''t know how to feel about this. I haven''t technically classified it in my mind as "stolen" because I think that would pretty much mean I''m never seeing it again....but at the same time, realistically, I can''t imagine anyone that was in any way ethical, disappearing with that number of jewlery peices in his possesion and not giving them any news.

I don''t want to say it''s the worst day of my life, because it''s not, that would me the most superficial, evil person on earth. But I''m really upset, and I feel like a total idiot. My intuition must have been screaming, and I ignored it, because almost as soon as I left the ring, I posted on PS about being worried. AND lets be honest, my boyfriend is PISSED at me. He was terribly sentimental about the ring, and even I''m surprisingly sentimental, because when I had it, I kind of developed hate for it because I had issues about the setting. Soory for the vent everyone. It''s been a really hard day, dealing with the police, and to top it off, my boyfriend being mad at me, there''s a lot of tension. I don''t blame him though, because our e-ring would be gone, and even with the insurance, he''s going to lose $4700 US for the setting....trust me when I say it''s not pretty right now.
15.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Something is rotten in Denmark alright. I''d have an uneasy feeling about the situation.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2006 2:39:41 PM
Author: allycat0303
This has been a really, really bad day.
HI AC:

How upsetting for you both, what you must be going through!
6.gif
Give each other a really big hug.
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif
Hoping for a good resolution to your current troubles.

cheers--Sharon

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Allycat: I am so sorry that this happened to you!
38.gif
I know I would be devastated if I was in your situation and I hope that things get resolved soon!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh crimeny! My heart is breaking for you! Don''t dwell on the intuition thing -- who could have ever possibly thought this would happen! Makes me so mad the police were insulting like that at first too -- like you really need any more frustration!

You both are upset ... I''m sure he''ll realize he shouldn''t be mad at you very quickly .. you both just need to process the loss & hurt. 75% of the value is insured right! That''s at least a tiny bright spot ... that and that the theivery took place without anyone being physically threatened or hurt ...

Hopefully the police will recover all the stolen goods & lock that bastard up! Hang in, Ally!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh Allycat, this is terrible. I have my fingers crossed for a good outcome for you. The only good thing about 5 other claims means that maybe the police will be more apt to follow up on it and try to catch the person, realzing that it is not a misunderstanding which they might have thought if it was just you. I hope they will pursue both the appraisor and the place they sent it to (sounds like they are in cahoots). I''m so sorry.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
And jewelers wonder why we get paranoid about leaving our rings with them. I realize that the honest ones would NEVER do something like this. However, it''s not like the dishonest ones are wearing a sign or anything. I am just so burned up about it. As far as that policeman goes, I would take the receipts and politely tell him where he could shove his innuendos.
29.gif
Ally, I am so hoping they find this guy and your ring. They have to know of at least a couple of fences who could move property like this. Not many can I would think. Fingers crossed for you. Good PS vibes coming your way. As to that cop and the appraiser and jeweler in question, hope they get a boil someplace really painful.

shay

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Ally ...
emrose.gif

I am so sorry! I would be upset too! I actually would be hysterical!

I would contact the person who recommended him (The bad guy) to you and grill him well done until you got some information, or at least a trail of people who this bad guy came in contact with ... They all leave a trail somewhere ... it''s just finding it! It sounds like this person has done this before, and gotten away with it ... This is absolutely horrible!
29.gif

I know it''s not the most horrid day in your life, but it probably feels pretty close ... There is so much feelings and emotion tied up in your ring! I do understand, and I feel for you!
39.gif

I will be praying that your ring is found and they torture that bad guy in prison!

Date: 3/26/2006 4:02:52 PM
Author: Shay37
As far as that policeman goes, I would take the receipts and politely tell him where he could shove his innuendos.
29.gif

Ally, I am so hoping they find this guy and your ring. They have to know of at least a couple of fences who could move property like this.

As to that cop and the appraiser and jeweler in question, hope they get a boil someplace really painful.
I can think of a few things I could do with an electric staple gun and a tree!!!
Take care Ally ... keep up posted, sending prayers and good thoughts for you
emrose.gif
& boyfriend!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry you are going through this. I just hope you get your ring back. Shouldn''t the police be alerting pawn shops, or I don''t know where jewel thieves fence stolen jewelry but the police ought to know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results