shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch Ruby Eternity Band

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I finally have a wedding band to wear with my solitaire! I tried so many different styles and none felt right, and then I envisioned a ruby eternity band (in platinum) that would complement the shade of my diamond. I reached out to three jewelers for quotes and went with Steven Kirsch, because his reputation was stellar, his craftsmanship is superb and he said he'd use "top of the line pigeon blood red Burma rubies". As it turned out, that wasn't really possible. The first ring I received had pink sapphires in it. Though Steven was always polite and never rude, he didn't ever accept my assertion that the stones were not what he had promised, thought he offered to remake the ring. The process of getting to the current ring was less than lovely. I had a thread in Rocky Talky about it.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...with-a-pricescope-vendor-about-stones.207422/

I felt ignored (sparse communication) and talked down to through most of the process, which was unexpected and disappointing. Again, he was never rude and was always polite, but he lost my trust. I am surprised and pleased with the second ring. It's not quite as red as the initial color I was envisioning, but it's like night and day in comparison to the first ring. Had I received this ring first, I would have been happy with it, and the unpleasantness wouldn't have happened. In any case, I am letting myself love the ring even though the experience was less than wonderful.

I've taken eleventy billion pictures, to show it in various lighting. I know Kenny will probably cringe when he sees the lack of white balance, hee hee, but here's what I have.

First, I have a comparison of the first ring (left) and the second ring (right). The rest of the pictures are of the second ring.

sk-comparison.jpg

sk2_0.jpg

sk3_0.jpg

sk4_0.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
sk5_0.jpg

Slightly different angle than the one before, hee hee:

sk6.jpg

sk7.jpg

sk8.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
sk9.jpg

skr1.jpg

skr2.jpg

skr3.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
skr4.jpg

skr5.jpg

skr6.jpg

skr7.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
skr8.jpg

skr9.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Tourmaline! I'm so happy that you received a ring that you are happy with. I'm sorry the process was not so fun. :(sad but at least the end result was beautiful! :bigsmile: I can definitely see the redder stones with the second version. Strange that he never really acknowledged that the first stones weren't what you asked for. But maybe that is a business tactic. You can't admit that you didn't do what you promised. But they are willing to fix whatever you didn't like, if for no other reason that you are a PSer and no good comes from having a bad reputation on PS...

Yay for a happy ending!! :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww, I'm glad it all turned out for you Tourmaline, & 2.0 looks so much better!! Sometimes you have to really stick to your guns to get what you want & I applaud you for your effort--it looks gorgeous!! :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: It looks amazing with your beautiful ering! :appl: I'm sorry the experience was difficult but glad things worked out. Enjoy it, it's fabulous!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, ladies! :)

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely and I love the pop of color it provides with your e-ring!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry it was a challenge to get to this point, but your new band is wonderful. Just love it!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know much about rubies, but your new band is stunning! :appl: It looks much richer and deeper than the first band you received.

Your set looks fantastic together!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad SK was able to make you something that met your expectations, even if it's a bit different from what you'd originally envisioned, and I'm very, very glad you're letting yourself love your new ring!! I, too, can clearly see the difference in colour in your photos.

Now that you've got it what do you think of the colour paired with your RB IRL? Do you envision wearing them together regularly?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I love the color of this band :love: It looks great in combination with your big and beautiful stone.
I am so sorry that the process was this disappointing but I am glad it had a stunning outcome in the end. It's great that you have decided to love the ring despite the difficult communication. It's easy to have that spoil the pleasure of a jewelry piece. But I am glad you are not going to let that happen.

Enjoy your new band. The color difference is remarkable.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, everyone! :)

Yes, I am going to wear them together regularly. I really love the combination. I am envisioning a yellow diamond band to go with them, but it's not time to bring that up in conversation with my husband yet, haha!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is night and day. Although the first band was a gorgeous color of sapphire this one is ruby. It's beautiful. I am so glad that you were able to get a ring that you were happy with and so sorry the whole experience is not what it could have been.

In the end you were able to get a lovely piece. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, lovely colored rubies - so much deeper and richer than the stones he originally used! Enjoy your new ring, and wear it in good health!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MUCH better! It's lovely!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful! I am a big fan of non-matching sets, and this is perfect. Good for you standing your ground too.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is a much better color!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful Tourmaline. I love them together and the color of the rubies are much improved over the first ring. Enjoy in health and happiness!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MUCH better, now it looks like rubies! Love it!

Vampira

Rough_Rock
Sorry you had to deal with that frustration... it's never nice to feel like you've been hoodwinked, especially on such a meaningful purchase as a wedding band! :nono: I think your end result is just lovely, though. Rubies are gorgeous, mysterious, and timeless, and I think the band really goes well with your solitaire! Is it a full eternity?

No matter what, I adore it!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats I love both bands. I think the second one is still slightly pink but way less pink than the first (more of a pinkish red now rather than a hot pink) and many decent rubies are a pinky red anyway, either way they are both beautiful and the one you ended up with looks stunning on you.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tourmaline: I had to peek because I love rubies too, and pink sapphires....

I am delighted for you, and your beautiful ruby band just glows....
you have a special piece that will delight you for years to come
and make you happy every time you look at it...

Congratulations !!!!

and since I have a "thing" for pink sapphires, that lighter colored band is amazing too, lucky someone !!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, much better color this time! Not too pink, and not too dark! It is really beautiful! :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring turned out beautiful. I am so sorry for the issues you had to go through.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you have a band you love in the end. That's all that matters. The color of the new band is a gorgeous dark pink. Lovely :love:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you are happy with now, very pretty ring :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results