shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch Round Brilliant Eternity Band

gms2011

Rough_Rock
I'm a longtime lurker who wanted to share my new Steven Kirsch eternity band.

I did substantial research on eternity bands—I looked at every single Pricescope thread I could find, perused countless Instagram posts and hashtags—and in my research, one of my favorite eternity bands was designed by Steven Kirsch. It was the delicacy of his prongs that drew me in—the setting looked fluid and delicate, like wearable art.

I visited some Instagram-popular spots in NYC, trying to see if I preferred round vs. emerald vs. oval in person. One Instagram-popular spot charged a $5k base fee to do any sort of custom design. I visited IDJ, who were lovely and gave a very reasonable quote, but I couldn't help but notice a difference in the quality of the setting vs. what I had seen in the photo of SK's ring.

I visited Steven Kirsch's office, and was astounded by the delicacy of his work. He gave an extremely reasonable quote (far less than what I had thought it would be), and without further ado, here are the specs of my new ring:

Carat: 6.67 tcw (each stone is 0.50 ct)
Color: F-G
Clarity: VS2
Alloy: PT950
Ring Size: 6.5

My weight fluctuates substantially, so I asked for the eternity band to be resizable. Instead of leaving an empty space with a metal bar and visually disrupting the continuity of diamonds, Steven created a "bluff" stone made of pave diamonds that can be removed for the ring to be resized more easily.

I am very OCD, and I could not be more thrilled. Steven's attention to detail is incredible—he actually had made two "bluff" stones that he didn't use before placing in this third one.

When I went to get my ring appraised, the appraiser said that the clarity of the stones ranged from VVS2-VS1, which is better than the VS2 that was quoted.

Working with Steven was a pleasure, and I am so happy with my ring—she is a delicate fireball.

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1818.JPG

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! Love your band! :love:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! White and bright and sparkly. What does the bluff stone look like?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a big SK week here at PS. Congratulations! His work is extremely delicate and fine. I'm sure you will enjoy her for many years to come.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Love it! Having a bluff stone is such a smart idea. :love:

P

Petalouda

Wow!! Such a graceful ring with a strong presence! My first pricescope vendor project was an eternity band with SK ( emerald cut) and he just knocks it out the park.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what an impressive eternity band that commands so much attention being so sizable. Rings aside, can I please say you have beautiful hands and fingers. Enjoy your new ring =)2=)2

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
So so beautiful! (And are the two furry shots of dogs?)

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and it looks graceful on!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just gorgeous and I love the bluff diamond idea! Enjoy!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gorgeous ring to be sure!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congrats on your beautiful eternity!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! Such a classy stand-alone ring!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a DREAM eternity! Goals!

gms2011

Rough_Rock
Wow!! Such a graceful ring with a strong presence! My first pricescope vendor project was an eternity band with SK ( emerald cut) and he just knocks it out the park.

Thanks!

I saw your eternity band when I was going through old threads—it's beautiful.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Could you please explain how the bluff stone helps with resizing in the future? I’m in the process of getting one made and wondering if this should be added to my ring.

gms2011

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Could you please explain how the bluff stone helps with resizing in the future? I’m in the process of getting one made and wondering if this should be added to my ring.

The bluff stone covers a metal sizing bar that can be easily resized.

I'm not an expert, but my understanding of a normal eternity band is that they're very difficult to resize, and my ring size fluctuates too much for that to be a wise option for the long-term. And I do view this ring as a very long-term piece.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
The bluff stone covers a metal sizing bar that can be easily resized.

I'm not an expert, but my understanding of a normal eternity band is that they're very difficult to resize, and my ring size fluctuates too much for that to be a wise option for the long-term. And I do view this ring as a very long-term piece.

Thank you for letting me know. I’ll ask the jeweller now as we’re just finalizing the specs. Your ring looks amazing! I haven’t worked remotely with a jeweller before plus in another country to boot (I’m in Canada) so I’m really nervous.

How do you find wearing an eternity ring? My husband thinks I’m going to scratch everything including the steering wheel when I’m driving.

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
Awesome!

Air line style is my favourite, do you have others?

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
Just noticed we both love pandas!

gms2011

Rough_Rock
Thank you for letting me know. I’ll ask the jeweller now as we’re just finalizing the specs. Your ring looks amazing! I haven’t worked remotely with a jeweller before plus in another country to boot (I’m in Canada) so I’m really nervous.

How do you find wearing an eternity ring? My husband thinks I’m going to scratch everything including the steering wheel when I’m driving.

Scratching hasn't been a problem, but given the size of the stones, I find that it can feel prominent between the fingers. I think that's just part and parcel of any large eternity band. I don't wear it while on my computer or around the house, but I'll wear it when I go out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results