shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch Glacier Ring with Pictures

blondiesfiance

Rough_Rock
I have to preface with I have never posted on a forum before and that my Fiance/I are normally private people. That being said, I feel compelled to share my experience as pricescope has helped me immensely along my engagement journey. My fiance wanted a pave set ring that literally had no metal showing at all so we quickly learned that we needed to get a jeweler that specialized in bench-forged hand-made pieces. We could only find 3 people that could provide examples even close to what we were looking for: Steven Kirsch, Leon Mege and Lauren B (never mentioned on this site interestingly) - we did not consider VC because he is based in Cali.

Leon Mege was quickly dropped from the list because, frankly, he is a dick. I called him, told him I wanted a setting and would like to schedule time to come and see examples of his work. He would not make an appointment unless I agreed to buy a diamond from him first - ridiculous - dick, dont go to Leon Mege, that dude needs to remember a what producer/consumer relationship is, especially in a high luxury business.

I thought was Lauren B was a great option however, Steven just gave me a better vibe and I got to speak directly to a craftsmen and not just a salesperson.

I met with Steven for a second time (first was just to feel him out), delivered my diamond and a presentation complete with pictures of exactly what we wanted. He was very patient, read through the presentation and asked any questions he had a long the way. He was very responsive to me throughout the process and would take time to speak with me whatever I would call. I had a great experience and would recommend him to anyone. The ring was delivered in about 6 weeks and cost significantly less than I thought it would.

Setting Details: double-edge halo, split shank (3 sides of diamonds on each shank) with the basket also having 3 sides of diamonds on each stem of the basket. Double claw. ~2.8 carats in the setting. If there are any other questions about the setting or Steven I will try to answer them.

Again, I am floored with the craftsmanship and final product - Steven absolutely blew all expectations out of the water. She was thrilled.

fullsizerender_161.jpg
fullsizerender__1__19.jpg
fullsizerender__3__10.jpg
fullsizerender__4__6.jpg
fullsizerender__5__3.jpg
img_0154_1.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And stats on the diamond?? :love: :love:
Holy smokes!

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What an amazing piece! Thank you for sharing. My ring was also made by SK and I absolutely love it. His craftsmanship is perfection.

Would you mind sharing your fiance's finger/ring size and carat size of the beautiful center diamond?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous on her! :appl: More stats on the ring, please!

Welcome to the SK club! :wavey:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! What a stunner! SK did an awesome job, as always! As a fellow asscher owner, I am thrilled to see more of this cut! Please share the stats on this beauty!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY SMOKES!
ICE ICE BABY! THIS RING IS SPECTACULAR!!! :appl:

Please provide specs on this gorgeous diamond! Excellent Craftmanship done with this ring!
Many Congrats!!!
Wear it in good health and happiness always. :D

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn that ring is all "ice ice baby... Too cold.... Too cold!" :dance: he really nailed it - what metal? :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madison2|1475706513|4083977 said:
HOLY SMOKES!
ICE ICE BABY! THIS RING IS SPECTACULAR!!! :appl:

Please provide specs on this gorgeous diamond! Excellent Craftmanship done with this ring!
Many Congrats!!!
Wear it in good health and happiness always. :D
Bahahahaha great minds, Madison2! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OMG! That ring is simply amazing. Totally and completely gorgeous. :love: :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - that really is some ring! You must tell us about the diamond itself! Beautiful!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Exquisite! I would love to know the stats and see more pictures. Congratulations on the engagement.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea that's an eye opener!!! I'm glad you're happy with the craftsmanship, it look spectacular! I also agree, we need more details!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. I so would love a halo from SK. Congratulations! Please share the specs on the center stone! AND WE NEED MORE PICS!!! HAND PICS WOULD BE AWESOME.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
OK, that would I call a RING...jawdropping... :o :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Simply wow.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations! It's stunning.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! That is an incredible ring! Glacier sure is the right name for it, lol! I think that was a thoughtful detail when you had diamonds put on all 3 sides of the split shank, especially the inner part. Usually the inside is just metal and it looks dark. And I love how the halo hugs the corners of the Assher. Will Mr. Kirsh also be making a wedding band to go with this gorgeous glacier? I can only imagine how beautiful it will be.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is amazing! Glad you had such a good experience with SK...your LM comments made me laugh :lol: . Several
people have had bad experiences with him but nobody put it into words like you did! :D

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
Glacier? That is Antarctica! I love it. It is beautiful and I'm so glad you found a vendor who made your vision come to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! What an amazing ring! The detail is truly stunning. Feel free to come back and most a million more pics :love: :appl: :bigsmile:

P

Petalouda

Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Steven Kirsch made my eternity band and I didn't even consider Leon Mege after reading some of the horror experiences on PS. I'm so happy you got what you wanted! Congratulations!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Golly Miss Molly! That's a ring! Gorgeous!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG there are truly no words for how spectacular that ring is!!!!! Seriously drooling on my computer here! :lickout: SK is a master, and his skills are really showcased here. So lovely!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the honest review of vendors, that is always helpful. Your ring is amazing, I hope you and your fiancé continue to enjoy the work SK did for y'all for years to come. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

blondiesfiance

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the kind replies all!! I also forgot to thank Gypsy, her knowledge and posts on here were invaluable when picking an Asscher stone that was good for us! The setting consists of 2 point stones and is sized at 4.75. One of the important factors for us were dimensions as opposed to carat weight, that being said the dimensions are somewhere around 10.5X10.5 and the carat weight is around 7. There are no visible inclusions, no warmth and great light reflection.

fullsizerender_163.jpg
143bf3bd-a367-4443-bf29-56fb61fb89e9.jpg
fullsizerender__1__20.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing set!~ Congrats and wear it in good health. :love: :love:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The craftsmanship on that is stunning, and despite being definitely more on the 'bling' side, it is also very tasteful, so kudos to you for having excellent taste! :))

You picked a great centre stone as well - it can't have been easy finding an asscher that size that was also well cut, so your hard work has really paid off. Congratulations on your happy occasion! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!!! :o :love: :love: :love: Glacier is right! Gorgeous, incredible ring!!! Good decision to go with SK if you needed a NYC ringmaker! Thanks for noting your experience with him and others, too!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stuning ring! It looks great on your fiancee's hand. It has a good dose of bling but is very very elegant. I love the multisided pave. Steven's craftmanship is top notch. You have made a great choice by choosing him to create this design and by choosing this incredible Asscher with Gypsy's help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results