shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch Eternity Band!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
You're eternity band is stunning! I love the low profile. It must be super comfy!

What size are the diamonds?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
PierreBear|1463057923|4030680 said:
So beautiful and you wear it so well! Do you mind sharing the size of the diamonds just to give a perspective to your dainty and elegant fingers?

Also, if I remember correctly, didn't you have a beautiful 5 stone band that was set in a U prong setting? I hope you don't mind me asking as I've been considering a five stone band and was curious if there was any reason you preferred the eternity over the 5 stone. Thanks in advance!

Thanks PierreBear! Doing some math, there are 19 stones and the total carat weight is 1.73. That would make each stone ~9.1 points. I like the size range from 7-10 on my small fingers. It's a very classic look and pretty comfortable, so I wouldn't want to go bigger.

I loved my 5 stone band, but after a while the stones were actually too big for a classic, elegant look that I wanted. I like the look of the stones going all the way around, so that no matter how is spins or how you are looking at your hand, all you see is diamonds.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I had replied to your thread already. I just love your band! It is gorgeous and looks fabulous on you!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
it looks lovely on your hand, enjoy and wear in in good health.

Questions: what is the size of your finger
and
is it hard to keep clean?

P

PierreBear

Thank you so much for the additional comments. Yes, I def see the appeal of an elegant eternity band and you absolutely pulled it off! One more question if you don't mind. I have toyed with the idea of getting a 5 stone band from one of the vendors or going the hand forged route. With a generally simple design (can't add too many bells and whistles to 5 stone bands/eternity), can you still tell a difference in the workmanship? Or perhaps the question is whether hand forged is worth paying the extra versus a CAD design to get extra what you are trying to achieve? I appreciate your help! Enjoy your beautiful ring!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely band. The low set stones look so comfy!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perhaps a typo or I do not understand.
When it is Plat 950, I thought it meant 95% plat and 5% other material.
So in this case 95% plat, 5% Ruthenium?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
PierreBear|1463415616|4032303 said:
Thank you so much for the additional comments. Yes, I def see the appeal of an elegant eternity band and you absolutely pulled it off! One more question if you don't mind. I have toyed with the idea of getting a 5 stone band from one of the vendors or going the hand forged route. With a generally simple design (can't add too many bells and whistles to 5 stone bands/eternity), can you still tell a difference in the workmanship? Or perhaps the question is whether hand forged is worth paying the extra versus a CAD design to get extra what you are trying to achieve? I appreciate your help! Enjoy your beautiful ring!

There's certainly nothing wrong with high-quality CAD settings. There are some threads on Pricescope that discuss this topic if you do a search. I would get a quote from both vendors. Steven was actually less than another quote I got that would have been a CAD design from another high-quality vendor.

P

PierreBear

Thank you ma'am for providing your guidance and expertise. I will be reaching out to others now just to make an informed decision. When working with a hand forged craftsman, do you just allow the artist to source the diamonds such as in your situation when it's smaller stones? Or would you still use one of the known vendors mentioned here and just have it mailed directly to the maker of the setting? Thanks in advance for helping me through this project!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
PierreBear|1463492147|4032652 said:
Thank you ma'am for providing your guidance and expertise. I will be reaching out to others now just to make an informed decision. When working with a hand forged craftsman, do you just allow the artist to source the diamonds such as in your situation when it's smaller stones? Or would you still use one of the known vendors mentioned here and just have it mailed directly to the maker of the setting? Thanks in advance for helping me through this project!

Usually it's a one-stop shop for small melee stones. The person who makes the eternity band usually sources the stones.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, your new band is stunning the metal work is nearly invisible and the setting so low and so minimal that it looks like you have diamonds floating on your finger. I love the look, classic and just enough. Enjoy! :appl:

mjg

Rough_Rock
Your band is so stunning in its elegant simplicity! I've been trying to decide between a 5 stone and an eternity and I prefer the look of an eternity but am unsure of the comfort. However yours looks soo low and rather comfy. I'm pretty picky with comfort though. Anyway it's perfect and thank you for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results