shape
carat
color
clarity

step cut halos

thinkingwishful

Rough_Rock
Hello,
did a quick search and saw some pretty discouraging discussions on french cut halos...anyone have any success with any step cut halos for a round setting? a play on the typical art deco ring? I'd love to see. Also...any octogonal halos with stepcut stones - is that possible?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is possible (almost anything is), but I'm guessing that it would be very expensive. I'd call a couple of vendor to get a quote. Singlestone and JBEG are two that are especially good with vintage style settings. Both are very responsive and produce exceptional quality work.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Search the terms "Baguette Halo" there are quite a few threads (most of them started by me)... you need someone very dedicated to making sure it comes out right, and as the step cuts are custom cut it is a pricey proposition. :wavey: They tend to look best with color centers.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
A couple of years ago, I was hoping to have an octagonal step cut halo custom made, the 2 quotes I received were $10k+. At the time, I put the project on hold and by chance a couple years later I was lucky enough to run across a never used baguette halo setting at an Estate dealer. It was still very pricey and not exactly what I was looking for, but did save some $$$ and was still very lovely. It is certainly doable-for the right price. Good luck with your hunt :)

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
I agree to step cut halos are stunning, but given that french cut eternity bands are extremely expensive, I can only imagine how much a french cut diamond halo would cost! I found the 2 baguette halos below in case you're interested. Most french cut halos I have seen are vintage or replica art deco rings (see other poster's yennyfire's suggestions for vendors - I'm sure Leon Mege and/or Victor Canera could do a great job on this type of setting too).

Stardust diamonds makes a nice one:

and here's a link to another one:

http://www.shapirodiamonds.com/CADGallery/Round_Brilliant_Cut_And_Baguette_Diamond_Ring/309.html

Stardust22.jpg

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?
    What is Diamond Color?
    What is Diamond Color?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.