shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting my pearl collection

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy to be able to add to the pearl forum. I actually never liked pearls before until pricescope. I always thought pearls were dull with cream and no overtones at all to keep my eye focus. Then I found pricescope and my eyes opened up to the beautiful, fascinating pearls presented on this site. I showed my DH pictures and he agreed they are beautiful and very fashionable for daily to evening wear. I added types to a wish list I have and decided I wanted to order from pearl paradise because I am newbie with pearls and the whole process and website is so easy. Customer service were always nice when I phoned in my orders because again I am new to it and was worried with skin tones and overtones. Then came pearl paradise white south sea sale; I thought this is it, I am going to get my first pearls!! I knew my pearl stud size after getting faux pearls to try per suggested by jambalaya here too. Fantastic suggestion btw. I ordered white south sea pearl studs with silver overtone for my fair/olive skin and 11-12mm in size. Then I called back because realized if I am going to get matching pearl pendant might as well now since they are having sale and then they can match overtones. Yes I can be kind of specific with details and my kids are all like that too lol. My DH said good idea and so I placed order for 12-13mm pearl pendant part of desire collection. The diamonds are very bright but they are tiny; however, definitely showcases the pearl.

The studs are amazing love them. Pearl paradise were so kind and gave two types of backing. Love the disk style absolutely no drooping for me. Both Pendant and studs have very high lustour IMHO. Both are perfect round also incase someone was wondering that too. I am new so do these look good for luster and I think they have silver overtone sorry about pics plus my walls are buff yellow.

*haha so funny story kind of. my husband has the brand new macbook in korea. I have older electronics at home here. I have my old iMac, I need to replace pretty soon, now I have to text my photos in iMessage then pull them out. I thought I resized them, but guess not or didn't work. Love suggestions on this little problem.

img_9790.jpg

img_9791.jpg

img_9792.jpg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
quick ear shot

I'll try to get a better one soon and also one with pendant worn. Again really sorry about picture

img_9793.jpg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Next I was eyeing the blue akoyas on pearl paradise. I knew after reading posts and threads that I definitely wanted pink overtones in these. Mine are 9-9.5mm size Not sure if I should send back or keep any suggestions and help with this. The problem one of the pearls has (sorry if sounds offensive) a nipple. Also are they blue enough because I read somewhere can't remember the bluer has better nacre. I do see pink overtone which is pretty if I can capture it with my poor camera skills.

img_9795.jpg

img_9796.jpg

img_9797.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely send the pair back for a replacement...it would always bother me. Also, I would ask for a better match on the pair. I find PP to be very accommodating. If you like the one stud, they may be able to just swap out the other for you. Call their CS and see what they recommend. Lovely pearls!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I second Pirard's opinion. PP is wonderful about returns, whether for refund or exchange. You might also want to ask them to email you pics of a few pairs to choose from, and see if any of them have the blue color saturation you want. Of course, if you post the selection pairs, we all love to chime in and help you choose. :)

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Thank you pirard and seaurchin. The blemish is bothering me. While they are not pitted or lack of luster the off shape for this perticular type of pearl is bothering me. I am glad you both brought up satuation because that is bothering me too but didn't mention. Actually the one with the nipple has better saturation both have beautiful pink overtone and luster. Thank you both I needed help in realizing what I really wanted for the look. I am going to exchange.

Good idea seaurchin, I will ask if they can send pictures of a few to select from and I will create new thread. The effort is really worth it for me because the size on me and color is great for everyday wearing jeans look.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Victoria10 your new south sea pearl in the desire setting is stunning along with the studs, I love it so much. Such a great start for a impressive collection. :love: :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
A beautiful start!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Welcome and great start indeed. Think most of us started with freshwater pearls but you've jumped straight to ssps. :appl:

I agree that you should return the akoyas and ask for a cleaner pair. Hope you get a more fabulous replacement soon.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Victoria, those gorgeous white South Sea pearls are a wonderful way to start your collection! :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results