shape
carat
color
clarity

Starter Superideals

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I know that feeling. Will it be easy to swap out a stone in that gorgeous setting?

The “future” stone is on hold for me! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I too was tempted by that “future F”. Congratulations, I hope you love it. :)

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I know that feeling. Will it be easy to swap out a stone in that gorgeous setting?

The “future” stone is on hold for me! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
I saw it was on hold and hoped it was you!!!! How are you going to set it???

It should be fairly easy since it’s a semi bezel (and not full); they will send it back to sholdt to set.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw it was on hold and hoped it was you!!!! How are you going to set it???

It should be fairly easy since it’s a semi bezel (and not full); they will send it back to sholdt to set.

I’m not positive about how to set it... I ultimately want a simple 6-prong solitaire.. but not quite sure if I should do that now or wait until the “forever” stone in 2020. Shooting for 1.4-1.5ish ultimately. I just don’t think I could pull off a larger stone to wear in my daily life! And I wait to wear it daily. :)

So I need to think about it. I had not intended to upgrade until summer for our fall anniversary! Now I’m on a fast track to figure this out. A good problem to have.;-)

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Erm. I’m late to this superideal thing so here is my starter superideal, a 2.05 ct CBI in a Stuller setting...

I’m thinking of either getting another 4 stones to do a 5 stone ring or to trade in for a bigger solitaire next... but still thinking since I just got the ring a week ago.

6A4E4FC2-A057-464E-B756-ACC172B3E3E1.jpeg
DBF9881C-E061-4D60-B7BA-A69ED8BE9849.jpeg

Apologies to all for this highjack .... but I love that setting! :love:

@icy_jade .... is there any chance you’re willing to share the style number and where you got it? Maybe you’d prefer to prevent copycats ... but I’m thinking that I’d like to be one! Pretty please??? :pray:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies to all for this highjack .... but I love that setting! :love:

@icy_jade .... is there any chance you’re willing to share the style number and where you got it? Maybe you’d prefer to prevent copycats ... but I’m thinking that I’d like to be one! Pretty please??? :pray:
I believe she said it was a Stuller setting set with CBI pave.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Just leaving the FedEx facility! A 1.23 carat “Fututure” CBI popped up in the website and I couldn’t pass it up. It fell in my lap in the middle of the polar vortex, and I knew it was meant to be. :lol: So I had to ship back my gorgeous .90 F. I will miss it! I need to find a garnet for my daughter now! (To put in the rose gold setting).

It is a 1.23 carat F SI2! I’m very excited about this value. Now I am trying to figure out what setting I want. I’m going to take a month or so to really mull it over. I’ll start a new thread about it, maybe. :think:

It is a horribly dreary day here, and I’m feeling giddy now! :dance:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: Just leaving the FedEx facility! A 1.23 carat “Fututure” CBI popped up in the website and I couldn’t pass it up. It fell in my lap in the middle of the polar vortex, and I knew it was meant to be. :lol: So I had to ship back my gorgeous .90 F. I will miss it! I need to find a garnet for my daughter now! (To put in the rose gold setting).

It is a 1.23 carat F SI2! I’m very excited about this value. Now I am trying to figure out what setting I want. I’m going to take a month or so to really mull it over. I’ll start a new thread about it, maybe. :think:

It is a horribly dreary day here, and I’m feeling giddy now! :dance:

Oh, that is obscenely exciting! I'm delighted at how fast you've been able to rocket up your upgrade plan! Really looking forward to a thread and please entertain us with photos of the loose stone!

With the setting for this stone, how are you going to work it? Will it be another ring for your other daughter once you upgrade this? If you're going to upgrade again I would encourage a basic setting again... Your rose gold twisted one was lovely!

And mmm garnets, garnet is also my birth stone... I do lust over some of the precision cut ones that various vendors sell as recommended on here! :love:

I have taken ownership of my CBI. :dance::love::love::love::dance:

It is out of this world. Cannot get over it. I will do a thread on it once I'm fully happy with the setting, which needs a few tweaks, but that will take a few weeks I think because work is so busy. Hopefully that will give me some time to get some good photos of the main stone... Impossible!!! :lol:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is obscenely exciting! I'm delighted at how fast you've been able to rocket up your upgrade plan! Really looking forward to a thread and please entertain us with photos of the loose stone!

With the setting for this stone, how are you going to work it? Will it be another ring for your other daughter once you upgrade this? If you're going to upgrade again I would encourage a basic setting again... Your rose gold twisted one was lovely!

And mmm garnets, garnet is also my birth stone... I do lust over some of the precision cut ones that various vendors sell as recommended on here! :love:

I have taken ownership of my CBI. :dance::love::love::love::dance:

It is out of this world. Cannot get over it. I will do a thread on it once I'm fully happy with the setting, which needs a few tweaks, but that will take a few weeks I think because work is so busy. Hopefully that will give me some time to get some good photos of the main stone... Impossible!!! :lol:

Ooh, that is exciting about your stone! I can’t wait to see the pics and hear all about it!

I have two daughters, lol, so yes—a second setting will go to her! I thought this process would happen several months down the road, so I am having fun trying to sort this all out now! :lol-2:

I’m leaning toward the NY Classic or Vatche 113 ultimately. But maybe I will do a stock setting for now—Stuller Crown that seems to be so popular around here? Something in the $500-900 range, I think. Then put a sapphire in it later (our other daughter’s birthstone).

And who knows—maybe I will be happy with the 1.23 size for quite awhile ?! (Famous last words!)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, that is exciting about your stone! I can’t wait to see the pics and hear all about it!

I have two daughters, lol, so yes—a second setting will go to her! I thought this process would happen several months down the road, so I am having fun trying to sort this all out now! :lol-2:

I’m leaning toward the NY Classic or Vatche 113 ultimately. But maybe I will do a stock setting for now—Stuller Crown that seems to be so popular around here? Something in the $500-900 range, I think. Then put a sapphire in it later (our other daughter’s birthstone).

And who knows—maybe I will be happy with the 1.23 size for quite awhile ?! (Famous last words!)

I like the 123 of it!

Would you get platinum? I love the stuller crown setting.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

Well the 1.23 is a good upgrade! I'm quite partial to a lot of the Stuller settings. I considered some of the solitaires for my current ring but the cost in platinum was not cheap especially when I looked at it and thought it still wasn't quite right. If I were going to get gold and need to change the setting again, that would be completely different.

Perhaps your daughter should be given a choice (out of a couple that you like, of course).

I'll tease with a couple of my favourites of mine because I just cannot resist, but I'll definitely do a full thread once the setting is perfect (it's nearly perfect).

It's a 2.075 J VS2. Ahem, my first, so I guess my 'starter'? Although I'm not really sure I would ever upgrade it - I had thought I would be bothered by the J, but I can't say I am. Maybe at some point I'll want to go up the colour scale a bit, but currently I'm very chuffed. I can see the tint on occasion, but in all the lighting situations that matter to me it's no bother. And on the occasions where I can see the tint, it's just part of the character of the diamond, it's a reminder of how many thousands of pounds I saved at this size, and I remember that my F coloured diamond wasn't really favourable in the same type of light, either, and that really helps. So I'm very happy! But I would never say no to the F you're getting! (In fact I coveted a 1.25 F VS2 for a bit.) F would be a dream really.

IMG_20190202_122022.jpg

IMG_20190203_131801__01.jpg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Lykame ! I am so sorry, I think I somehow missed your post here! Did you start a thread on your ring? I’d love to see more pictures, including hand shots!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@Lykame ! I am so sorry, I think I somehow missed your post here! Did you start a thread on your ring? I’d love to see more pictures, including hand shots!

Hey @KristinTech!

Your ring is glorious oh my god! It's so beautiful and sleek and wonderful!

I love it!

Eeer, my ring is still in the works. The first version needed to be completely remade to resolve the issues that there were with it. I think if they were just modifying the existing setting it would have taken around two weeks, but the turnaround for a completely new setting is six. I think I'm in week five of the wait - trying to not think about it too much because the wait is kind of excruciating. :D I have every faith that the jewellers can meet my expectations, and therefore didn't want to do a post on the first version. Can't wait until I can do a thread on the finished thing!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the 1.23 is a good upgrade! I'm quite partial to a lot of the Stuller settings. I considered some of the solitaires for my current ring but the cost in platinum was not cheap especially when I looked at it and thought it still wasn't quite right. If I were going to get gold and need to change the setting again, that would be completely different.

Perhaps your daughter should be given a choice (out of a couple that you like, of course).

I'll tease with a couple of my favourites of mine because I just cannot resist, but I'll definitely do a full thread once the setting is perfect (it's nearly perfect).

It's a 2.075 J VS2. Ahem, my first, so I guess my 'starter'? Although I'm not really sure I would ever upgrade it - I had thought I would be bothered by the J, but I can't say I am. Maybe at some point I'll want to go up the colour scale a bit, but currently I'm very chuffed. I can see the tint on occasion, but in all the lighting situations that matter to me it's no bother. And on the occasions where I can see the tint, it's just part of the character of the diamond, it's a reminder of how many thousands of pounds I saved at this size, and I remember that my F coloured diamond wasn't really favourable in the same type of light, either, and that really helps. So I'm very happy! But I would never say no to the F you're getting! (In fact I coveted a 1.25 F VS2 for a bit.) F would be a dream really.

IMG_20190202_122022.jpg

IMG_20190203_131801__01.jpg

This is exactly what I want when I upgrade.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
This is exactly what I want when I upgrade.

Which one? The 2 carat J or the 1.25 F? They would both be stunning! I'm now super happy with mine!

IMG_20190822_173826_01.jpg IMG_20190822_173842.jpg IMG_20190828_130842.jpg

In the new setting I can pretty much say I never see a yellow tint, so I am so relieved. I could see it in the old setting. In certain lights (never outside from the top down) I can tell it's definitely not a pure white but it's importantly not yellow and that's the most essential thing to me.

Before I changed setting I had been eyeballing the website looking for 2 carat H colours but with the new setting I've stopped doing that. Relief! Anyway honestly if I were going to upgrade colour I think I would want at least a G. F would be a dream. I can see the tint in G and H but G at least is close enough to colourless to make me feel I got a colourless stone if that's something I wanted. Until I could make that jump I'm not sure I really see the point in making any jump now that I'm no longer bothered by it! Amazing what a setting can do!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Well, the polar vortex brought me the 1.23 CBI, and maybe a pandemic will bring me a three stone? :) Our 20th anniversary is This fall! I’ll start another thread soon about what I’m considering and where my head’s at with it all...

I’d love to hear about more starter superideals and any changes/upgrades that people have been participating in in the last year or two!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some more news! I did end up pursuing a three stone with HPD! I am going to ship my 1.23 back early next week—the setting and side stone CBIs are ready!! .45/.44 E side stones.

I was wearing it with my retro ring wrap when Layla emailed me as I sat on a patio, waiting on my son to finish his behind-the-wheel lesson. I plan to have them source and set a round sapphire in the setting so that I can wear the setting in the wrap that I think is SO fun! I will start a SMTB thread once it arrives. Just wanted to update everyone. I’m writing this post on the same patio glider where I started this thread two years ago. :)

C0CAF15B-067A-4898-B3E9-BDF4E0D7498D.jpeg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more news! I did end up pursuing a three stone with HPD! I am going to ship my 1.23 back early next week—the setting and side stone CBIs are ready!! .45/.44 E side stones.

I was wearing it with my retro ring wrap when Layla emailed me as I sat on a patio, waiting on my son to finish his behind-the-wheel lesson. I plan to have them source and set a round sapphire in the setting so that I can wear the setting in the wrap that I think is SO fun! I will start a SMTB thread once it arrives. Just wanted to update everyone. I’m writing this post on the same patio glider where I started this thread two years ago. :)

C0CAF15B-067A-4898-B3E9-BDF4E0D7498D.jpeg

OMG THAT RING WRAP!! Love!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So exciting! Can't wait to see the finished masterpieces. :appl:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
This has been such a fun thread to read through! What a journey! Can’t wait to see the next ring!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG THAT RING WRAP!! Love!!!

Thank you, yes I LOVE that thing! I was looking at Ruby Lane one day... I just add things to my wish list and move on. I rarely spend more than $100 there. Last year, it popped up as 50% off during their Red Tag Sale! I had to jump on it. It is from the 50’s—baguettes and single cuts. It is so much fun to wear. A sapphire will be so gorgeous in it. :kiss2:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results