Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Starry Eyes

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
4,267
Twelvish pointed star. dark grey. actually quite transluscent but for the dark grey which often is a violet grey.
Haven't seen it in the sun yet since today was dreary.
Not sure yet if I love it or not.
Many pictures follow which will tell you most everything.

12star1.jpg

12star2.jpg

12star3.jpg

12star4.jpg
 

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
4,267


12star5.jpg

12star6.jpg

12star7.jpg

12star8.jpg
 

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
4,267


12star9.jpg

12star10.jpg

12star11.jpg

12star12.jpg
 

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Nov 3, 2009
Messages
7,565
I do not like "black stars", but at least this one looks natural...
 

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
7,768
I like it. The star is well centered & I like that fawn-ish color. What are the dimensions, VL?
 

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
1,501
Oh, count me on the LOVE IT team !!!!
I just want to reach out and touch it !!!!
The pictures are great ! I would definitely set that,
what an awesome masculine ring it would make !!!!!
 

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
23,268
I don't like it at all. I don't think the background color, or the star, have much going for it. I think you should return it unless it was super inexpensive, and you want it to have as an oddity for your collection.
 

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
1,501
TL|1307889021|2944015 said:
I don't like it at all. I don't think the background color, or the star, have much going for it. I think you should return it unless it was super inexpensive, and you want it to have as an oddity for your collection.

Ohhhhh, don't like it at all ????? Don't you like the oddness though?
Especially if it wasn't much $$$ ???? :((
It reminds me of something ..... I don't know, a candy or something maybe.
I know the color is different, but i really do like the sheen of it ......
Maybe I am odd too...... I guess I better go take a break, maybe I have heat stroke :???:
 

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
23,268
ooo~Shiney!|1307917104|2944258 said:
TL|1307889021|2944015 said:
I don't like it at all. I don't think the background color, or the star, have much going for it. I think you should return it unless it was super inexpensive, and you want it to have as an oddity for your collection.

Ohhhhh, don't like it at all ????? Don't you like the oddness though?
Especially if it wasn't much $$$ ???? :((
It reminds me of something ..... I don't know, a candy or something maybe.
I know the color is different, but i really do like the sheen of it ......
Maybe I am odd too...... I guess I better go take a break, maybe I have heat stroke :???:
Shiney,
We all don't have to like the same things. If we all did, it would be rather boring around here. ;)) I know VL is still in the decision phase, so it seemed he wanted opinions. If not VL, I am really really sorry.
 

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
4,267
Be not sorry! I wanted honest opinions and very much appreciate the opinions from both sides. The stone will be going back. The sun came out today and even then the star was limited. more than a star, it seemed like a cloud. sort of a dark grey moonstone with out the color flash of spectrolite. the luster was nice and the polish excellent. It was not inexpensive. I had imagined that this would go conceptually with my new rutile cat eye, but while that looks like a bead of mercury, this one, um, doesn't.
 

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
1,501
TL|1307937634|2944490 said:
ooo~Shiney!|1307917104|2944258 said:
TL|1307889021|2944015 said:
I don't like it at all. I don't think the background color, or the star, have much going for it. I think you should return it unless it was super inexpensive, and you want it to have as an oddity for your collection.

Ohhhhh, don't like it at all ????? Don't you like the oddness though?
Especially if it wasn't much $$$ ???? :((
It reminds me of something ..... I don't know, a candy or something maybe.
I know the color is different, but i really do like the sheen of it ......
Maybe I am odd too...... I guess I better go take a break, maybe I have heat stroke :???:
Shiney,
We all don't have to like the same things. If we all did, it would be rather boring around here. ;)) I know VL is still in the decision phase, so it seemed he wanted opinions. If not VL, I am really really sorry.
Oh, I know !!! :))
That's why I love it here !
And that's how I learn..... It's all good !!!!
 

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
37,494
The other consideration is to be sure a person likes the body colour of the cabochon when the star isn't showing, because it's not going to show the star all the time. Glad to hear it's going back because it's not my cup of tea either. I don't aim for perfection all the time, when considering the price, but the stone still needs to show its redeeming qualities.
 

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
231
Those are some really nice pictures! I was trying to take some this weekend and didn't even close to as nice.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.

New posts

Top