shape
carat
color
clarity

Star Sapphire ring

W

westofhere

“And he shall mingle among the vendors in the agora wherein new mixes with old, and they will whisper amongst each other, saying, ‘That one cannot be deceived, for he has a UV flashlight’”

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, based on the photos and videos, clearly it is a generic man's ring setting. Perhaps someone wore it as as an engagement ring, but describing it as an engagement ring is disingenuous at best and misrepresentation at worst.

You are bent on believing the jewelry items you are buying are natural and rare and valuable ... many of us PSers are actually very knowledgeable about colored gemstones and some of us are telling you that the items you've been showing here are inexpensive, common gemstones (some real and some not) ... you are as welcome to disbelieve us as you are welcome to believe the man who sold you the jewelry (sure, he's objective, right?) ... it is wonderful you are interested in gemstones and want to learn more, and I wish you luck in that endeavor.

W

westofhere

Rfisher, did you know that Justin Theroux co-wrote that? Not just a gorgeous man, but brainy too! (Your quote, not mine. Mine are from Revelations, obvs.)

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock

This is a natural saphire,the lines are thin..yes,verified specimen..also yes,just because you don't see it everyday,does not mean there aren't high quality star Sapphires...point validation,also yes
Pherhaps you havnt seen a fine star Sapphire,well..your welcome

Last edited:
W

westofhere

I’m still waiting for the opportunity to buy in the pre-loved forum those raw garnets of various cuts and carats.

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
Yup. You're right. You should sell it for millions of dollars. Just like all the other "very valuable" stuff you get inexpensively and post about here.

It's not nearly large enough...nor dark,and I'm guessing you think your somewhat funny?

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
I’m still waiting for the opportunity to buy in the pre-loved forum those raw garnets of various cuts and carats.

Umbalite garnets were advertised,click the lightning bolt

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
Or the rare vintage goldstone set in, of course, 10k.

Never said it was worth anything,was simply happy it was my grandfather's...sad,you not me

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
Never said it was worth anything,was simply happy it was my grandfather's...sad,you not me

How do I close or lock I'm losing respect for my elders(-_-

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
Yup. You're right. You should sell it for millions of dollars. Just like all the other "very valuable" stuff you get inexpensively and post about here.

That is a 7000 dollar ring...not 2 million
And I mean the larger one,otherwise you may keep being foolish,you don't even know what a star Sapphire is worth and seen the quality,was stunned,seen 2 million and assumed like you do everything else,I suppose you've never seen a nice star Sapphire...

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
0B48AA7B-8796-4F04-8BAE-57CBEA9DC324.jpeg 1EE61AAE-378B-40E5-8FA8-4A896DB9608F.jpeg

Look familiar?

These "natural" sapphire rings are available on aliexpress for $32, but if you click now, there's a $2 discount! Quick, buy them all before aliexpress realizes it's just giving away thousands (millions??) of dollars!

It's just a small natural star Sapphire that's been treated,you guys need ta save some if your dignity,it's under a carat of ok saphire,I didn't say it's jesus's magic wishing ring from Narnia,that he uses to call his magic rug from Aladdin before the Sackville bagginess's steal his silver,Ig I who buys old rings sometimes and posts his finds quirkily is ruining the "rich vibe",almost bought a 300 dollar diamond ring but chose the star because I thought it was more me,bet the diamond ring would've been scoffed at too..because it's mine and I'm a bad person

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one thinks you are a bad person and no one is scoffing at you.
You have made a few threads where you show your latest purchases and you ask for our thoughts and opinions.
While no one can make a proper judgement from a photo or video we give our opinions based on our experience and knowledge. Some of us have gemmology qualifications and many of us have extensive experience with coloured gemstones. However our opinions and thoughts aren’t matching with yours.
And that’s fine, you are very happy with your purchases and that’s all that matters.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
OP: Can you not see that the rings I posted are virtually identical to yours? They are almost certainly the same manufacturer. The aliexpress rings are sterling silver (at best). If your ring is not marked 14k, I guarantee you that it is not gold. You should be checking for such markings before making a purchase so you do not overpay.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my first star Sapphire and I'm amazed by just how Beautiful it is.

It's pretty nifty,my first white gold ring as well.

It’s really pretty. The same ring in another thread you mentioned it was clad in 14K. That means that there is something under the cladding. Meaning, not gold. Meaning, it’s electroplated in gold. Meaning, a micrometer of gold on top of some metal that is not gold. So, enjoy it and hope your finger doesn’t turn green.

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
It’s really pretty. The same ring in another thread you mentioned it was clad in 14K. That means that there is something under the cladding. Meaning, not gold. Meaning, it’s electroplated in gold. Meaning, a micrometer of gold on top of some metal that is not gold. So, enjoy it and hope your finger doesn’t turn green.

Oh I thought clad just meant that it is gold that's my bad it is solid gold,I should've said on 10k white gold

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, no namecalling. If you don't like a thread, scroll on by without commenting please.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results