shape
carat
color
clarity

Star Quartz with 10 Sided Star

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ads216

Rough_Rock
My family owns and operates a jewelry store and manufacturing company in Sri Lanka. Recently we purchased a star quartz of around 83 carats and pink/grey in color. This stone was unique in that it has 10 sides (10 rays) instead of the usual 6 sided star. In our long years of dealing with gemstones we had never come across such a stone.

I was wondering whether you could provide us any information on how rare such a piece is and what you think the value of such a piece would be. As we never have seen such an item we too are completely unaware of the value of the stone.

Any help you could give us regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Any chance of posting a picture?

widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if it is not an incomplete double star (12 rays)... I have not seen quartz like that, but did find double star rutile cut as cabochons with 10 and 12 rays. Those labeled ''10 rays'' had incomplete stars...

Prices for those: around $300 for large 30-40 carat round cabs.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Think Val is right about incomplete double, there is no x5 symmetry in crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results