shape
carat
color
clarity

Star Jones-Reynolds Leaving The View...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I missed it too... I really wanted to see it!!!
40.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did. I made sure I TiVoed it. They actually played it 3 times here on the West Coast...6pm, 9pm, and midnight.

I haven''t been coy with it at all - I''m not a big fan of Star''s. She did a good job for herself on LKL, much better than the way she presents herself on the View. However, she is QUITE SPRY at dodging questions.

He did flat out ask about her weight loss again, and that she lost her credibility with viewers by not admitting she had gastric bypass. She said that she talked about this for an hour last time she was on LKL and that she always said medical intervention was involved. I can tell you that I saw the episode in question and she NEVER admitted she had surgery. It too turned me off because I thought, "just be honest about it!" This time she did a 180 and admitted that she HAS had gastric bypass. Not willingly, but she said "medical intervention was involved." LK was like, "Do you mean SURGERY???" and she was like, "What else could it mean?" Uhhhhhhhh hello, a LOT of things actually. So she finally admitted it.

Regarding the View, a lot of stuff came out in the interview because LK talked to Barbara Wawa earlier in the day and she told him to quote her liberally, as well as ABC. Lots of stuff that she was going to be fired last November, but it was too close to Christmas, or in January, but Wawa didn''t want it to affect Star''s book coming out, etc. So apparently they make it seem they wanted to get rid of her for awhile.

Star played the whole thing as "I wanted to be honest with my viewers" but I do think part of it was a big ole jab at ABC, no matter how much she plays the innocent, "I''m the victim" card.

Interestingly, she did say that she used her celebrity to get free crap for the wedding and if she had to do it all over again, she wouldn''t do it the same way. Damage done already, though. Worth a watch if LKL reruns it!

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
I saw clips of the Today interview. uh, who cares? I am guilty of picking up People magazine from time to time to read the dirt--I admit it--but the way they kept announcing the interview and dramatically cutting away, and how she was seated with Al Roker in this stand-alone setting....all I kept thinking was, "Our men and women are dying in Iraq. Our country is on the perpetual verge of WWIII these days,while children are dying horrible deaths of incurable diseases, and thousands of innocent animals are suffering anddying around the world this very second...AND....the Today show is showcasing that self-important idiot as if her news was so important.

It disgusted me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw LKL too ...

But I didn''t think she did such a great job. Maybe on the surface. I got the feeling she might be under some kind of medication though. She was speaking so slowly & lowly and her smile didn''t match her eyes (that''s how you can tell if a smile is fake or not -- are thier EYES smiling!)

I thought it was SO HYPOCRITICAL that she was all "I wouldn''t ever LIE to my viewers" etc etc etc ... Star has done NOTHING BUT LIE (by omission & straight out over "career news" before) She IMPLIED STRONGLY that she quit the Oscar Red Carpet gig because she was "too busy with book promotion" but it was CLEAR TO EVERYONE ELSE that she was fired for being unlikeable & a diva & not good at the job. And don''t even get me started on the whole gay husband deal. Imo -- HER WHOLE LIFE IS A BUNCH OF LIES.

She pretends to be nice on camera, but is tyrant backstage ... she pretends to have a happy relationship ... while her guy is off attending male toga parties ... she pretended to lose all the weight with pilates & diet ... while she had the same kind of surgery many other stars were having at the same time (guess that was too "regular" for ol'' Star).

Bleh bleh bleh bleh. I''m glad Larry hammered her. I think he was on Barbara''s side 100%.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn I missed LKL...but then again I'm kind of over the whole Star and the View thing. She's gone...it's amazing how quickly viewers will forget her...

Wait who is Star again?
5.gif

Now the real topic of the day.... did anyone else see the picture of Eva Longoria's butt cellulite on The Superficial?? Can I just say I am SO happy to see that absolutely stunning woman has real cottage cheese like the rest of us?!? There IS a God!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 12:37:49 PM
Author: Mara
Darn I missed LKL...but then again I''m kind of over the whole Star and the View thing. She''s gone...it''s amazing how quickly viewers will forget her...

Wait who is Star again?
5.gif

Now the real topic of the day.... did anyone else see the picture of Eva Longoria''s butt cellulite on The Superficial?? Can I just say I am SO happy to see that absolutely stunning woman has real cottage cheese like the rest of us?!? There IS a God!
Yay, you just made my day Mara, LOL!!!!
9.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 12:31:26 PM
Author: Apsara
I saw clips of the Today interview. uh, who cares? I am guilty of picking up People magazine from time to time to read the dirt--I admit it--but the way they kept announcing the interview and dramatically cutting away, and how she was seated with Al Roker in this stand-alone setting....all I kept thinking was, ''Our men and women are dying in Iraq. Our country is on the perpetual verge of WWIII these days,while children are dying horrible deaths of incurable diseases, and thousands of innocent animals are suffering anddying around the world this very second...AND....the Today show is showcasing that self-important idiot as if her news was so important.

It disgusted me.
I agree. I don''t really watch The View or care too much about Star Jones, but I''ll admit that I follow the story... However, for the Today Show to deviate from their regular programing of showing the NEWS at the top of every hour to show that crappy interview that was basically a repeat of last night''s... come on people. No wonder people have such little respect for television personalities these days. Priorities!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 12:37:49 PM
Darn I missed LKL...but then again I''m kind of over the whole Star and the View thing. She''s gone...it''s amazing how quickly viewers will forget her...

Wait who is Star again?
5.gif

Now the real topic of the day.... did anyone else see the picture of Eva Longoria''s butt cellulite on The Superficial?? Can I just say I am SO happy to see that absolutely stunning woman has real cottage cheese like the rest of us?!? There IS a God!

~~Hehe...I felt bad for thinking the same thing!!! I have a little cellulite on my thigh (when I cross my legs, and I HATE it!!!) But then I saw that pic, and it made me feel a whole lot better!!
16.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw clips of the Today interview. uh, who cares? I am guilty of picking up People magazine from time to time to read the dirt--I admit it--but the way they kept announcing the interview and dramatically cutting away, and how she was seated with Al Roker in this stand-alone setting....all I kept thinking was, ''Our men and women are dying in Iraq. Our country is on the perpetual verge of WWIII these days,while children are dying horrible deaths of incurable diseases, and thousands of innocent animals are suffering anddying around the world this very second...AND....the Today show is showcasing that self-important idiot as if her news was so important.

It disgusted me.
I completely understand your point, and agree to a certain extent. All of that is true. But if we didn''t have SOME diversion, our heads would explode from the sheer stress of it all. Or we''d all be in drug induced stupors to alleviate our depression.

One could say the same about Brangelina, or pretty much ANYthing in celebrity media. Who cares?

Now, don''t get me wrong, you will be hard pressed to see me defending Star Jones or any media circus. But....y''know, comparing Star Jones to world famine is just a tad much.
2.gif
I think that''s giving her way more importance than she deserves!!!! LOL.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
She is not the first celebrity that has been in the news. Why was Tom Cruise given so much tv time. Him and Katie are all over the place, Angelina and Brad, Britney and Kevin, Jessica and her ex.

This is very common now in America any celebrity is worthy of news for some reason. You can''t single her out. Personally I am sick of hearing about all of them. I have my own life going on and could really care less about what is going on in theirs.

As for Star, I don''t see why everyone is down on her for telling the TRUTH. They told her handle it however you want she chose HONESTY. It''s a shame this world doesn''t appreciate that anymore. If they had the guts to fire her, they should be willing to stand behind it. They are just afraid they will lose viewers who liked her if the truth came out. Bringing in Rosie was obviously part of the plan.

I say way to go Star for being honest! If she had lied I am sure the truth would have come out sooner or later and then she would have had egg on her face. Obviously she is secure in who she is and didn''t care what anyone thought about her getting fired or even knowing about it. Good for her.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 2:26:39 PM
Author: Girls-best-friend
She is not the first celebrity that has been in the news. Why was Tom Cruise given so much tv time. Him and Katie are all over the place, Angelina and Brad, Britney and Kevin, Jessica and her ex.

This is very common now in America any celebrity is worthy of news for some reason. You can''t single her out. Personally I am sick of hearing about all of them. I have my own life going on and could really care less about what is going on in theirs.

As for Star, I don''t see why everyone is down on her for telling the TRUTH. They told her handle it however you want she chose HONESTY. It''s a shame this world doesn''t appreciate that anymore. If they had the guts to fire her, they should be willing to stand behind it. They are just afraid they will lose viewers who liked her if the truth came out. Bringing in Rosie was obviously part of the plan.

I say way to go Star for being honest! If she had lied I am sure the truth would have come out sooner or later and then she would have had egg on her face. Obviously she is secure in who she is and didn''t care what anyone thought about her getting fired or even knowing about it. Good for her.
While I certainly agree that celebs occupy way too much space/time in the news and spotlight, I couldn''t disagree more about Star. She has not been honest about many things apparently, the first being her weight loss. That indicates that she is not at all secure in who she is.

She is nothing but an opportunist. Her wedding was a vulgar display of all things unimportant. YUCK! Her departure is long overdue.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 1:51:48 PM
Author: FireGoddess

I saw clips of the Today interview. uh, who cares? I am guilty of picking up People magazine from time to time to read the dirt--I admit it--but the way they kept announcing the interview and dramatically cutting away, and how she was seated with Al Roker in this stand-alone setting....all I kept thinking was, 'Our men and women are dying in Iraq. Our country is on the perpetual verge of WWIII these days,while children are dying horrible deaths of incurable diseases, and thousands of innocent animals are suffering anddying around the world this very second...AND....the Today show is showcasing that self-important idiot as if her news was so important.

It disgusted me.
I completely understand your point, and agree to a certain extent. All of that is true. But if we didn't have SOME diversion, our heads would explode from the sheer stress of it all. Or we'd all be in drug induced stupors to alleviate our depression.

One could say the same about Brangelina, or pretty much ANYthing in celebrity media. Who cares?

Now, don't get me wrong, you will be hard pressed to see me defending Star Jones or any media circus. But....y'know, comparing Star Jones to world famine is just a tad much.
2.gif
I think that's giving her way more importance than she deserves!!!! LOL.
As I wrote, I buy People. I will watch "Extra" or whatever--it is a diversion. My issue really was the overly dramatic way the Today show was handled (I didn't see any of the other stuff and frankly, was barely aware of this whole thing until the Today show aired). I don't know if anyone else saw it but myself and AmandaPanda but you would have thought they were announcing a life-altering global event--so overdone. That is what got me disgusted--does she really need to be the center of a national morning news program, with dramatic cutaways and a tone from Al Roker that suggested this was THE most important thing in the universe? She should have had a 30 sec. mention and that's it. It was really weird actually. I was in the bathroom getting out of the shower and heard to "tone" and raced into the bedroom to see what was going on...when i saw the two of them, my first thought was, "Wow, Did Star Jones do soemthing really great for the world? Has she quit the View to go work on rebuilding homes in New Orleans? Is that why she is on like this and they've stopped all the news?" LOL.

I admit it--I am mildy entertained by celebrity nonsense--it's something to guff over and make fun of actually, but it goes too far, IMO.
1.gif

BTW, speaking of overdone and ridiculous, I just saw in either US or People that a poll revelaed that the three most "eye-catching" elemnts of Britney Spears' interview with Matt Lauer were: 1. Gum Chewing 2. Crying and 3. Cleavage--all relatively close in terms of the %.
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol aspara that was US Weekly..I saw it too.
9.gif

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 10:34:12 PM
lol aspara that was US Weekly..I saw it too.
9.gif
I am still traumatized by the cleavage--I mean, WHO does THAT????
23.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely Apsara - I think Star Jones is self important in her own mind, for sure. I haven''t seen the Today Show coverage. She mentioned that she got all caught up in the wedding stuff, and Al said to her, "You don''t want a wedding, you want a parade." I thought that was rather on the mark.
2.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
am I the only person in the world who has never watched an entire episode of the View? To be honest, I couldn''t watch an entire show if I tried. Five minutes was all I could stomach. One of my least favorite shows.
As far as Star goes, I was never a big fan but I don''t see what the big deal is about. She was fired and told the truth. Just because she didn''t explain it at the exact time they asked people are upset? I think she had a right to explain it to the viewers when she wanted to. I''m not really understanding what the big deal is about. Was she supposed to bow out gracefully under their terms? Since when was telling the truth so bad?
emotion-40.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha ha ha ha .... turns out "Star Jones" used to be STARLET JONES. Check this fun link out.

starlet-jones.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love Ellen Degeneres! Anyway, Star annoys me, and ever since her marriage it is worse. She got tons of freebies and then came on the show and bridezilla''ed the women for things they did at her wedding. Even if she was in the right about it, she was not being classy to admonish them on national tv. She also is not liked by staff and had negative ratings when the network conducted audience polls about all the stars on the show. She is conceited and diva like, and is not that talented, in my opinion. She used to be a state''s attorney so clearly she is not a dumb woman, but she just does not come across in a good way to me. I also hear the hubby is gay and she has made comments that make it sound as if something is afloat there too...she may have shot herself in the foot.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 11:51:38 PM
Author: decodelighted
Ha ha ha ha .... turns out ''Star Jones'' used to be STARLET JONES. Check this fun link out.
That''s actually her real name, Starlet Jones. I guess she shortened it to Star later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results