shape
carat
color
clarity

Star Jones-Reynolds Leaving The View...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I never had a problem with Star, I just thought that she can be conceited at times. I feel kind of bad that she was basically "fired" from The View. I wonder who would replace her?? I heard somewhere that Gail (Oprah''s best friend) might be replacing her, but who knows... any thoughts on this??

Star Jones-Reynolds Leaving The View

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i saw the episode today and she made it sound like it was her decisions, she was like after spiritually consulting and thinking about it etc i''ve decided to not return next year.

i heard she had a beef with rosie and that the show didn''t want them both on there. but who knows!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard that too Mara. I heard Rosie was pissed at Star for denying that she had gastric bypass surgery and there wasn't enough room for both of them on the show. I'd love to see Gail King on the show, that would be cool.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2006 5:41:26 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I heard that too Mara. I heard Rosie was pissed at Star for denying that she had gastric bypass surgery and there wasn''t enough room for both of them on the show. I''d love to see Gail King on the show, that would be cool.
I would like to see Gail on that show too! I''ve seen her on Oprah a couple of times and think she''s a classy lady. Star irks me a little, not sure why. Mainly after she married Al Reynolds. She''s definitely no Oprah!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have some familiarity with this through friends ... ALL "ALLEGEDLY" -- no first hand knowledge of any of this ...

* everyone there (top to bottom) ALWAYS hated Star. She is a terror & a tyrant. Day one.
* ABC was SUPER peeved during her "freebie" wedding thing
* Babs kept her on out of PITY
* they don''t want Gayle King .. they want a younger, hotter, African American journalist
* publicly they kept saying "Star is welcome as long as she wants to stay"
* then they hired the ONE PERSON she could NOT coexist with: Rosie
* She also got fired from the Oscars red-carpet at "E" too ... have no idea who''ll ever hire her again.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I read about this last night on perezhilton.com. Wasn''t sure if it was true but logged on to People just a few minutes ago to realize it''s true. Star says that the network didn''t renew her contract, so basically so was fired. That must be hard. I would think it would be even more difficult now that EVERYONE knows what has happened. I don''t know how I feel about Rosie being the new co-host. I LOVE Elizabeth and that she speaks her conservative "View" point..lol
31.gif

Should be intresting on who will replace Star. Lots of changing coming for the View!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have TiVo''d the show for the past year now and Star has always been my least favorite. I won''t be sad to see her go. I wondered what was going to happen when Rosie got signed on because Rosie has always had beef with Star and the not-admitting-gastric-bypass thing. So I have noticed that every time they talk about Rosie, Star''s smile is super fake. I was actually looking forward to seeing how they would interact together on the show. Guess that''s not gonna happen! I''d rather see Rosie there than Star for sure. NEXT!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... should be interesting to see what happens! I only watch the View once in a while, but I'm excited about Rosie O'Donnell... I think she'll add a unique perspective/voice. I also tend to agree with her about Star... if her weight-loss success was due to surgery, I think its unethical to lie about it. I respect her privacy, but if she wants to be a public role model, I think she loses some of that privilege and takes on a responsibility to be honest about issues that affect the health of millions of other people.

As for Elizabeth, she has always struck me as young and naive and still trying to figure out her identity. I remember cringing for her during a recent argument where she insisted it is cheating if a man feels any attraction to another woman, even if he has no intention of acting on it. "So if he looks at another woman on the street and thinks she's pretty, that's cheating?" Joy argued... and Elizabeth stubbornly/sheepishingly said "Well, yes..." But she's young... hopefully she'll begin to grow more confident in who she wants to be and think through some of the issues she claims to believe in, so that her arguments carry a little more weight. Right now she just makes me uncomfortable.

From a psychology standpoint, just analyzing the overall dynamic makes The View quality entertainment for me!

(Just my not-so-humble opinions...
9.gif
)

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 5:52:06 PM
Author: decodelighted
I have some familiarity with this through friends ... ALL ''ALLEGEDLY'' -- no first hand knowledge of any of this ...

* they don''t want Gayle King .. they want a younger, hotter, African American journalist

~~I think Shaun Robinson (co-host of Access Hollywood) would be a great addition to The View. I don''t hear much about her in the media, so that''s a plus...

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock

I don''t watch the view on a regular basis. When I can catch it between my morning class and work I do. I hadn''t seen that episode with Elizabeth talking about cheating, sounds interesting to say the least. I don''t agree that if a man looks at another woman it''s considered cheating. The second, third, and fourth look is what gets either person in the relationship in trouble. Just my .02

One thing that I caught Elizabeth saying that I really liked and agreed with was when Brangelina''s Baby photos were released and the subject of getting married and having children came up and Elizabeth said something like "Whatever happened to first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage?" I happen to agree with what she said (not trying to offend anyone, just my own PERSONAL belief), and our society has strayed from this in a big way.

The few epys I have seen in the last couple of weeks there were several awkward moments where I feel that all of the hosts were fighting to talk over each other and get their thoughts heard.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Ok, now I feel really bad for Star... I was reading people.com, and they are saying that the network asked her not to return to work tomorrow morning. That is sad, I hope it''s just a rumor, but People is usually correct. Here''s the link...

The View to Star: Don''t Come Back

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
OMG...that is sad. She must feel horrible that they asked her not to return to work tomorrow! We shall see....I will have the wake up early to see what happens!!
27.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
She brought it on herself. The announcement wasn't supposed to be made until Thursday ... she embarrassed Barbara Walters (her BOSS & the only one who was holding off the wolves) & the producers.

I'm GLAD they turned the tables on her ... fine, you don't like it ... you wanna talk about being fired in People magazine instead of go along with the mapped out "exit strategy" where everyone saved face ... don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I hear she's scheduled to be on Larry King Live on thursday night. I'm sure we'll get an earful!

ETA: more random unconfirmed but close to the source gossip -- Ever wonder why you didn't see Star Jones at Oprah's big Diva luncheon??? Reportedly, Oprah had to invite her for political reasons, BUT told all the camera people NOT TO SHOOT HER & insisted there not be any footage of her in the special.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 12:21:47 AM
She brought it on herself. The announcement wasn''t supposed to be made until Thursday ... she embarrassed Barbara Walters (her BOSS & the only one who was holding off the wolves) & the producers.

I''m GLAD they turned the tables on her ... fine, you don''t like it ... you wanna talk about being fired in People magazine instead of go along with the mapped out ''exit strategy'' where everyone saved face ... don''t let the door hit you on the way out.

I hear she''s scheduled to be on Larry King Live on thursday night. I''m sure we''ll get an earful!
I agree. I''ll be watching Larry King Live for sure. She''s always bugged me from the get go. Maybe she will return to being a law reporter?? Didn''t she get her start on Court TV, or something like that?? With the OJ Simpson case??

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
She brought it on herself. The announcement wasn''t supposed to be made until Thursday ... she embarrassed Barbara Walters (her BOSS & the only one who was holding off the wolves) & the producers.

I''m GLAD they turned the tables on her ... fine, you don''t like it ... you wanna talk about being fired in People magazine instead of go along with the mapped out ''exit strategy'' where everyone saved face ... don''t let the door hit you on the way out.

I hear she''s scheduled to be on Larry King Live on thursday night. I''m sure we''ll get an earful!

ETA: more random unconfirmed but close to the source gossip -- Ever wonder why you didn''t see Star Jones at Oprah''s big Diva luncheon??? Reportedly, Oprah had to invite her for political reasons, BUT told all the camera people NOT TO SHOOT HER & insisted there not be any footage of her in the special.
Okey doke who are you, you have all the good sources.... I could cancel my magazine subsciptions and just get the down low from YOU. Hehe.
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 12:32:00 AM
Author: Kaleigh
more random unconfirmed but close to the source gossip --
Okey doke who are you, you have all the good sources....
HA! It''s SO RARE that I have anything juicy to share. Most of the STAR stuff is widely reported. Most.
31.gif
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK I'll give a tid bit about the view, my husband's employee USED to be married to one of the producers of the view. It was great because we got free tickets and gave them to charities to be auctioned off. The last one we did, 6 women got to see the view and had lunch with Joy Behar. It raised a lot of money for a great cause. Unfortunately the guy no longer works for my husband. Oh and he also got us tickets to Oprah through his Ex , we gave those away to be auctioned off as well. Me I haven't seen a taping of either, but if I had my pick?? Oprah hands down.

ETA: The stories we heard were priceless. Loved getting the inside scoop.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
As predicted ... Star Jones's suprise announcement yesterday & subsequent whining to anyone that would listen ANGERED ABC enough to pull her off the air IMMEDIATELY.

Video available here. That is, if you wanna see Babs SEETH with anger on live television & deliver a swift kick to Ms. Jones' deflated patootie.

ETA: More gossip here including ABC's "fighting words" -- accusing her of being self-absorbed, accepting diamond-studded boots & other expensive gifts despite being told not to by network brass. Etc. etc....

EETA: Kaleigh - that's so cool about the charity tix. My pal was on the tech side of things, & another worked for "O" herself eons ago - but still has moles!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol deco i just saw it too on the view...

i thought babs looked kinda sad, not angry... but who knows. talk about an awkward television moment!!!!!!!

it would have been funny if like the audience then turned on babs and was like ''you guys suck!'' with lots of throwing of shoes ensuing. well maybe not funny but it would have been WAY more interesting. hehee.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 12:54:32 PM
As predicted ... Star Jones''s suprise announcement yesterday & subsequent whining to anyone that would listen ANGERED ABC enough to pull her off the air IMMEDIATELY.

Video available here. That is, if you wanna see Babs SEETH with anger on live television & deliver a swift kick to Ms. Jones'' deflated patootie.

ETA: More gossip here including ABC''s ''fighting words'' -- accusing her of being self-absorbed, accepting diamond-studded boots & other expensive gifts despite being told not to by network brass. Etc. etc....

EETA: Kaleigh - that''s so cool about the charity tix. My pal was on the tech side of things, & another worked for ''O'' herself eons ago - but still has moles!
I don''t see the problem.
41.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I thought Barbara Walters looked sad in the little segment where sh explained everything. I don''t know, I''m not crazy about Star, but I feel bad that she got fired. She was with the show in the beginning so I feel like the success of the show was also due to her (love her or hate her)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
How deliciously juicy. I for one think all of it is GREAT NEWS! I am glad to see Star go. Good riddance to bad rubbish, IMO.

It was quite clear that all the View ladies were stupefied on Tuesday when Star made her announcement. Barbara even asked Star how long she was planning on staying. (Mid-July being the answer.) Elizabeth was so stunned all she could say was, "I''m just speechless right now." I think it''s great of ABC to just give her the boot immediately and not to even let her come back for another show. They gave her an opportunity to paint her leaving however she wanted to, and she still sought to take advantage of it. So she deserved what she got. I am thrilled I don''t have to look at her face or listen to her speak anymore. God willing, she won''t be on another show.
20.gif

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Thats interesting, Deco. When I watched Oprah''s luncheon, I took great pleasure in the appearance to us, the viewers, that Star and Whitney had been snubbed by Oprah.

Can''t stand either one of them. Star is way to full of herself, gee, it''s all about her, she''s the only one in the world. Her freeby wedding was such a joke. Glad she will be gone.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Awesome, she was "kicked to the curb"!

I thought Barbara had that, gee, I am sad that someone I gave an incredible opportunity, chose to bite the hand that feeds her, attitude. But, deep down, she has to be glad to see Star go.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think that Star should have just taken the high road and not said anything to the press. That way, she could have bowed out gracefully, and I bet it would have been easier on ABC had she done that (they would have had time to find a replacement, and not have to do a show with only 3 ladies). But she chose to open up her mouth and say anything to anyone. I guess she wants to get as much press as she can WHILE SHE STILL CAN!!
38.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Y'know, ever since it was announced that Rosie was going to be taking Meredith's place, you could see on Star's face this fake smile, sort of 'for the cameras facial expression' that I took to mean she was pretending to be happy about Rosie coming aboard. I guess it was really because she knew she was being fired.

I do think she has pretty much botched it for herself. She didn't get the E! red carpet correspondent gig (she was pretty bad) again and got the boot from the View...she could have definitely left with grace and made up any excuse she wanted....and now I think she comes off quite badly - much worse than anyone at the View (ABC, Barbara W) does.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Mara~You crack me up. Thanks for the link...I''ll read through it more when I have a minute.

I was never one to watch ''The View'' regularly, but I did watch it on days off when nothing else was on. I found it quite entertaining when they all go at it over their ''Hot Topics'' or whatever they call them.

I have never cared for Star Jones. She always struck me as arrogant and conceited. Her wedding really bothered me too, mostly because I don''t think millionaires should be given everything for free. Kinda like how Paris Hilton and all her friends get into all the hottest clubs and pay for NOTHING. Just mho. I don''t think that''s right.

Anyway, I did not see the episode this week where Star announced she will not be returning. What really bothered me is the way in which she did it. ABC told her she could announce it anytime she wanted, in any manner, but I was really irked when I heard what she did. Even though it was probably common knowledge that she wasn''t returning, shouldn''t she have at least shared her announcement info with her cohosts? Grr.

I have always loved Charlie Gibson...he is such a cute man and has always been one of my favorite newscasters. It really made me mad to hear that Star coincidentally chose to put the spotlight on her right before Charlie was to come on the show and talk about his leaving Good Morning America. It goes to show how selfish she is. I don''t care if she was hurt or felt pushed out...her actions just sealed the deal that she is incredibly self-centered. When poor Charlie came out, the focus wasn''t on him, it was on Star... "Wow you''re leaving, I''m shocked" etc etc.

I never cared for her, she always seemed incredibly fake to me. Now I have another reason. Sorry if I sounded mean, that''s just what I gathered from the situation.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone see Star on Larry King Live?? I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results