shape
carat
color
clarity

*stands up* My name is Arcadian and I''m a gemaholic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get excited watching the jewery channel even though I wouldn''t buy anything on there.
A gemstone purchase has me frantically checking the mail box... every.single.day.
I give myself 30 minutes of gem playtime before I go to work.
I not only get excited about my own projects but everyone elses too.
I clean my rings before they go out to dinner.
I also stare at my hands... A LOT.
I''ve been honked at in traffic because I kept staring at my rings.
I have lots and lots of jewelery art and photography.
I have my jeweler on speed dial.
I keep a spreadsheet on gems I plan on buying next, which changes depending on whats actually out there.
Hubby''s eyes has glazed over more than once as I''ve talked about what stones I really really REALLY like.
He also no longer tries to suprise me with jewelry, instead he gives me MONEY that I spend on jewery.
Gem shows are orgasmic.

But really, I''m not a fanatic, just slightly addicted. What can I say? I like shiny rocks
10.gif

And I know I''m not the only one...so spill it!

-A

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I also give myself daily allowances of PS and gem browsing, and I carry my gems all over my apartment trying catch them in different lighting situations. And I try to tell nearly anyone and everyone about gem treatments, and how much more beautiful gems are than the ones you get to see at the mall. And I doodle ring designs.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
ETA: I''m also guilty of watching jewelery channels, though I think I wouldn''t buy anything/haven''t yet at least. I''m often making this face
38.gif
when I see them push something on the terms that its very rare, or very valuable when I know its not really.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 8:54:13 AM
Author:Arcadian

I get excited watching the jewery channel even though I wouldn''t buy anything on there.
A gemstone purchase has me frantically checking the mail box... every.single.day.
I keep a spreadsheet on gems I plan on buying next, which changes depending on whats actually out there.
Hubby''s eyes has glazed over more than once as I''ve talked about what stones I really really REALLY like.
He also no longer tries to suprise me with jewelry, instead he gives me MONEY that I spend on jewery.
Gem shows are orgasmic.

But really, I''m not a fanatic, just slightly addicted. What can I say? I like shiny rocks
10.gif

-A

I highlighted the ones that describe me, and I''m a guy!

But some of your''s sound almost scary
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Constantly checking the websites of my favorite cutters to see if they have posted anything new.
3.gif

I never watch the jewelry channels, and it sounds like it would be best if I don''t start.
12.gif

Of course, I clean my rings before leaving the house. Everyone should do this!
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gem shows are orgasmic.

10.gif

-A

Really funny Arcadian!!

I stare at my hands all the time as well, and I do get beeped at in traffic for doing so. Is there a two step program for this addiction??!! LOL!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gem shows are orgasmic.

10.gif

-A

LOL! I think we may have been long lost sisters.... This gave me a good chuckle this morning!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the above plus=

When the category diamonds and gems comes up on Jeaopardy my husband and daughter look at me for the answer.
Have multiple gems trays and even bought the wheeled tote to haul them around when friends want to see them
Have my own scale, diamond tester, many loops, ring sizers, etc.
Constantly talk back to the people on JTV about how wrong they are when talking about gems
The lady at the post office knows me by name and always asks what I got this time
All friends at work ask me about gems or diamonds when getting ready to buy something, also their fiance''s, husbands, etc.
Keeps a doodle book of designs I have not had made yet.
Has had several of my designs custom made for me.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2009 9:38:08 AM
Author: szh07
I also give myself daily allowances of PS and gem browsing, and I carry my gems all over my apartment trying catch them in different lighting situations. And I try to tell nearly anyone and everyone about gem treatments, and how much more beautiful gems are than the ones you get to see at the mall. And I doodle ring designs.
All my friends know I''m hopeless but I''m the one they come to for advice anyway. I would have put that down but well...you know.....
4.gif

One of hubbies friends has to buy something for his wife''s birthday. He gave me his credit card number to buy it with. * to bad I also have a limit...darn it!*

Here''s the bad part; his wife will know I helped him *lol* Its the thought that counts right?
28.gif

I was doodling all kinds of ring designs too....and then I started my Java class
38.gif
what an imagination killer!

The one I didn''t put was that I scope out jewelry stores...not for their jewery mind you, I just want to check out my gear in their lighting * LOL*

-A

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 10:51:23 AM
Author: Arcadian

The one I didn''t put was that I scope out jewelry stores...not for their jewery mind you, I just want to check out my gear in their lighting * LOL*

-A
LOL. A, I choose my favorite places to eat lunch based on the lighting. My stones look awesome at Au Bon Pain.
10.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2009 10:41:05 AM
Author: autumngems
All of the above plus=

When the category diamonds and gems comes up on Jeaopardy my husband and daughter look at me for the answer.
Have multiple gems trays and even bought the wheeled tote to haul them around when friends want to see them
Have my own scale, diamond tester, many loops, ring sizers, etc.
Constantly talk back to the people on JTV about how wrong they are when talking about gems
The lady at the post office knows me by name and always asks what I got this time
All friends at work ask me about gems or diamonds when getting ready to buy something, also their fiance''s, husbands, etc.
Keeps a doodle book of designs I have not had made yet.
Has had several of my designs custom made for me.
Hehehe I did that last night. I said so many bleepable words in a row it was a little scary.

The "rare" tanzanite that will "run out any day now" and how they''ll "never be able to get this again". Then they have to nerve to call it AAA grade and it looks like a steaming pile of [bleep] .... GAHHH!!!!
32.gif

You just gave me an idea. Imma have to tell hubby that I want a tester for my birthday
9.gif

-A

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzanite has been running now for 4 years on JTV, they always say that, "this is the last you''ll never see it again"

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
What a great topic, Arcadian. Feels so good to come clean. I definitely have a lifetime membership in this club.
22.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2009 9:49:34 AM
Author: ma re

I highlighted the ones that describe me, and I''m a guy!

But some of your''s sound almost scary
9.gif
Really? they''re that bad? hehe
9.gif

I should mention that my lovely husband has gotten me jewelry that I absolutly adore because though his knowlege of gems would fit into a thimble, he''s really tried hard and it shows. He just happens to know diamonds more.

To appease him, I did tell him about a 3ct N colored diamond I wanted.
37.gif
He then asked what else was on the color list LOL

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2009 11:16:57 AM
Author: autumngems
Tanzanite has been running now for 4 years on JTV, they always say that, ''this is the last you''ll never see it again''
I think it''s been longer than that on JTV. I used to call them the "Tanzanite Channel" they show so much of it. LOL!!

I''m sick of GSN and the fact that everything is "Tom Gem World Class." Some gems aren''t as good, so they''re just a piddly "Top Gem"
20.gif
As a gem addict, I find myself talking back to the hosts on all the various shopping channels, but as a gem addict, I still watch.
26.gif

Rough_Rock
I''m praying that, after the Emerald, I will only spend money on Green, Blue, Pink, and perhaps another white diamond. If that doesn''t happen, I should at least die trying
9.gif
, but I shouldn''t spend money on other stuff that may just be a passing fancy.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, I don''t get cable, so I don''t watch JTV.

I also don''t get manicures/pedicures, shoes, purses, or much of anything else. Why? Because all disposable income pretty much gets put into gems and gem projects, haha. It''s kind of weird, I''m the most tom boy looking girl in the class more often than not, but I also have the nicest jewelery
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I guess I have a serious problem because none of that sounds bad or over the top to me. I do try to stare at my rings while at stoplights, instead of while the car is moving.

I don''t have a spread sheet of what I own and want to buy...but I have a list on my computer of possible buys.

I think we are normal. My friends do their best to humor me.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I guess I have a serious problem because none of that sounds bad or over the top to me. I do try to stare at my rings while at stoplights, instead of while the car is moving.

I don''t have a spread sheet of what I own and want to buy...but I have a list on my computer of possible buys.

I think we are normal. My friends do their best to humor me.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
So is it bad that the only reason I have a full time job is to pay for my gemstone habit?!
11.gif
27.gif

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 9:03:46 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
So is it bad that the only reason I have a full time job is to pay for my gemstone habit?!
11.gif
27.gif

Ha! Do you think it''s worse that I''m actually considering getting a job JUST to fund mine??
3.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I finally get out of school and have a salaried job again, I'm spending my first paycheck on gemmies as a graduation present to myself, bwahahaha. Is it bad that among my considerations for what medical field to specialize in, is whether or not I can wear my rings on a daily basis to work?
3.gif
You can't wear rings into the OR so surgery is out, and in peds I'd have to worry about kids grabbing at necklaces!

Just kidding, I'm not THAT bad...yet.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ha ha, great topic Arcadian - lots of giggles!
many of mine are similar to yours, but I will stand up and add:

I have spent more total on jewellery and gems that any other consumer item - including my car.

I don''t think I''ve had a period of time since joining PS where I didn''t have some kinda project in the works.

As soon as I finish one project, I am scheming about the next one
32.gif

90% of the photos on my PC are related to gems and jewellery - it has taken me about 2 weeks to sort these all recently..
40.gif

I don''t go anywhere (including Uni or the shops) with a dirty stone/ring.

I bore my family, friends and co workers with my ring chatter. My Fi is sweet enough to still feign some interest when he has the energy
9.gif

I should''ve purchased a larger custom jewellery box - I have outgrown it in less than a year.
40.gif

I have a full vanity dedicated to my jewellery - jewellery box and costume stuff on top, paperwork, sketches, shipping materials, containers, boxes, accessories etc, full up in the draws.

I wish I could visit the US just to meet the jewellers and cutters I''ve worked with (plus some PSers of course!).

If something is in the mail to me, I am extremely agitated and beyond impatient. If the package is delayed (or worse) - you don''t want to know what I''d like to do to the Australia Post employees.
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
You know how every handbag has a zippered pocket on the inside? Mine always has about 5 gem jars rattling around - you never know when you''ll find a potential setting, and more than once, I''ve kicked myself for not having some of my stones on hand. I also like to have some kind of project going, and it feels a little sad when I don''t have anything in the works.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s slightly embarassing when you''re at a work meeting and you''re trying to hide your hands under the table in order to not let coworkers notice your baubbles. They inevitably do, especially your manager, who thinks you probably don''t need a raise if you can be wearing all of that bling.
emcrook.gif

Sometimes I even zone out at meetings and stare at my rings under the table. My rings are a lot more fun and interesting than meeting topics - that''s for sure!! LOL!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear. I''m afraid I might be a member. About a month ago I bought my first cheap ebay stone. Last week I bought 6 stones from Multicolour. Today I bought a pair from BoB Kast and another ebay one (I know, I know, I probably shouldn''t browse ebay so much). But coming from such a fiscally conservative person, this is HUGE for me.

I might actually have to start limiting my PS intake. Every day before I go to work, I browse the PS threads. Every day when I come home I do the same. And if I have enough time during my mini lunch break, I''ll take a couple of minutes to relax looking at the PS eye candy.

I also check out the gem cutters daily to see if they''ve got new stuff.

And my boyfriend definitely knows I''m now obsessed. All because I was being a good girlfriend and researching e-ring stuff. Ack! I blame him!! (So which step am I on if I blame others for my own addiction?
4.gif
)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 9:46:30 PM
Author: fierypyropixy

Date: 10/23/2009 9:03:46 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
11.gif
27.gif

Ha! Do you think it''s worse that I''m actually considering getting a job JUST to fund mine??
3.gif
LOL Fiery....just think of how many more options it will open for you for bigger and brighter stones....ok just saying that now I have to hop over to Barry''s site to see what is new....hi my name is sarah and i''m an addict!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 11:54:50 PM
Author: AustenNut
Oh dear. I''m afraid I might be a member. About a month ago I bought my first cheap ebay stone. Last week I bought 6 stones from Multicolour. Today I bought a pair from BoB Kast and another ebay one (I know, I know, I probably shouldn''t browse ebay so much). But coming from such a fiscally conservative person, this is HUGE for me.

I might actually have to start limiting my PS intake. Every day before I go to work, I browse the PS threads. Every day when I come home I do the same. And if I have enough time during my mini lunch break, I''ll take a couple of minutes to relax looking at the PS eye candy.

I also check out the gem cutters daily to see if they''ve got new stuff.

And my boyfriend definitely knows I''m now obsessed. All because I was being a good girlfriend and researching e-ring stuff. Ack! I blame him!! (So which step am I on if I blame others for my own addiction?
4.gif
)
Well technically speaking it is his fault, cause if he weren''t so nice to you, you wouldn''t consider researching e-rings while dating him I guess
9.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 2:05:20 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Hehe, I don''t get cable, so I don''t watch JTV.

I also don''t get manicures/pedicures, shoes, purses, or much of anything else. Why? Because all disposable income pretty much gets put into gems and gem projects, haha. It''s kind of weird, I''m the most tom boy looking girl in the class more often than not, but I also have the nicest jewelery
9.gif
Wow MTG! We are a lot alike!
35.gif
My only other money pit is my cars and Harley. I''m most definitely not your typical girl.
11.gif

I''m guilty too Arcadian!
2.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian, I was thinking of creating a similar post on the same day that you posted! I saw your thread but didn't get to post. I think I totally fit in here.

I am Serene and I am a gemoholic.
I put $1000 bucks or more on precision cut gems each month. I can't even bring myself to mention totals if I take into account pearls and other fine jewelry.
I buy gems that I already have so I have several of each type of gem that I like. For tourmalines, it is the worst. I should take tourmaline_lover's name.
6 months ago, I didn't have a single Barry cut gem. Now I have close to 20.
When I travel, I miss my gems.
One jewelry box is not enough to store my lovelies. I can't bring myself to say how many I've got.
My jeweler is on my speeddial. I have her personal mobile phone number too.
A phone call from my jeweler always brighten my day.
I look at my jewelry and gems in the supermarket, in the elevator and almost everywhere else where there is sunlight or spotlight. I want to catch the sparkle.
I don't get surprise diamonds/gems from DH because I must choose them myself.
My friends and relatives come to me for diamonds/gems advice.
My jewelry wish list never never ever ever ends.
My DH has created a folder "Serene's Rocks" on the pc for pictures of my gems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results