shape
carat
color
clarity

Stacking Ring Help

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am seeking photos and ideas for a series of stacking rings I am making for a dear, dear friend. I don't normally make rings for others, but she has helped me through some very difficult times - with no judgement - with my older teenage son. She is always there for me.

So over the past few months, I have collected a number of 4 - 7mm rb unheated blue sapphires, purple spinels, greenish blue and green tourmalines, rubellites, etc. I figured that her two boys and her husband can each pick one stone, and then I would have Daniel M. set them. This is what I know: 1) she has small fingers; 2) she likes white gold and silver; 3) she likes understated not blingy; and 4) she doesn't want anything that will get stuck when she tries to put her hands in the pockets of her pants. I was hoping to have three simple rings made that somehow fit together, so that she could wear them together as if its one wider band with three stones on it. I have been inspired by the colors of burberrygirl's (I think?) stacking rings, but would obviously want smaller, more delicate rings because the stones are much smaller. I'm also thinking that since the cutting on all the stones is quite good, that I would want them prong set.

The stones are currently with my friend, so she and her boys can pick out the ones they want. When I get them back, I'll try and take pictures.

So, without further ado, please share your ideas and photos. Thanks so much.

hannaht

Rough_Rock
Hi
I found this website on Etsy and just had her make a pendant for me in sterling. I do no have it yet but if it is as good as the photo, I will be thrilled. She does both prongs and bezeling, is very, very fast (less than a week from receipt of the stone to completion), reasonable, and delightful to work with. I looked at her website and she does a variety of styles, so I've attached one as an example. You might check her out. I'm quite happy I did. In case the website doesn't post correctly, her site is scrollworkdesigns, and her name is Clarity Collins.

cabbingrough

Rough_Rock
I can't believe I ran into this, I am currently wearing a Clarity Collins necklace right now! I also own one of her bracelets, and I can tell you her work is absolutely fabulous. She is one of my all time favorite jewelry artists (and I am an active jewelry collector). Her attention to detail and creativity can not be beat. I have a feeling we will all be seeing her name everywhere very soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results