shape
carat
color
clarity

Stack of the day thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like this pairing @MamaBee! :kiss2:
Please tell me about your spacer band. I need a nice thin one. Is yours knife edged?

Thank you @Bomfire! I love my knife edged band. I purchased it on Blue Nile in 14k gold.I wanted it to be sturdy to hold up to platinum but be okay for my 18k white gold. It’s hardly noticeable but it really protects my rings from rubbing together. It was $300.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Bomfire! I love my knife edged band. I purchased it on Blue Nile in 14k gold.I wanted it to be sturdy to hold up to platinum but be okay for my 18k white gold. It’s hardly noticeable but it really protects my rings from rubbing together. It was $300.

Thank you @MamaBee! Off to check out Blue Nile...

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I added my five stone asscher band today. I don’t know how to wear it. I don’t like wearing it alone on my left hand...I also don’t like wearing it alone on my right hand. I’m afraid I will whack it on something and chip the asschers because they have those pointy edges. It’s so beautiful..very white. I decided to wear it with Libby today. I put a spacer between them because the Asscher band will chew up Libby...What do you girls think?
F9C778C7-F081-4845-BB80-20106C5C634D.jpeg

I like it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @MamaBee! Off to check out Blue Nile...

@Bonfire There’s only a two hundred dollar difference for platinum but I have lots of 18k white gold. I thought it would be harsh on those. It’s so nice. I highly recommend it!

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s only a two hundred dollar difference for platinum but I have lots of 18k white gold. I thought it would be harsh on those. It’s so nice. I highly recommend it!

I wonder if it will be too high though? :?: It’s almost 2mm high
EDA Sorry to get off topic!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder if it will be too high though? :?: It’s almost 2mm high
EDA Sorry to get off topic!

It is lower than my other rings but that’s what I wanted. I wanted the two rings on either side to stand out.The asscher band is pretty high..but I don’t know the height.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I added my five stone asscher band today. I don’t know how to wear it. I don’t like wearing it alone on my left hand...I also don’t like wearing it alone on my right hand. I’m afraid I will whack it on something and chip the asschers because they have those pointy edges. It’s so beautiful..very white. I decided to wear it with Libby today. I put a spacer between them because the Asscher band will chew up Libby...What do you girls think?

Ooohhhh - BINGO!

Love this pairing! Perfect proportions, J! This is the one to wear when you want looks that kill! And the baguette sides and the asschers are a beautiful, cohesive pairing.

Yep. <nods enthusiastically> This! Love it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wearing this stack quite a bit and have really been enjoying it. I sometimes feel like my smaller stone rings are sparklier than my larger stones....maybe it's the glitter effect as opposed to big flashes?

Petite stack gold pave bands.jpg

@KristyDarling -

I love this. And I love smaller e-rings; there's just *something* about all that concentrated perfection - especially if you have lovely slender hands, like yours. (not mine, unfortunately) Can you tell me a little about the soli in this photo? I bought a 1.05 G SI1 AVR the other week and am wondering about how I'll set it and how it will look. And can you pls share your finger size with me too? It's clearly smaller than mine, but it helps to get a sense of proportion.

And - if you have a minute and if you feel like it.... I have a ring like the top ring in your photo. Would you be able (and I will totally understand if you dont feel like it or dont have time) to put it on the bottom, then the plain gold band above it, then your soli above that? 3 rings in total - leaving out that lovely, slender eternity - just because that sort of approximates the rings I have and the look I'm thinking of going for.

Anyway, suffice to say, I love my larger rings - but I love smaller rings also. They're just so elegant and beautiful. Enjoy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooohhhh - BINGO!

Love this pairing! Perfect proportions, J! This is the one to wear when you want looks that kill! And the baguette sides and the asschers are a beautiful, cohesive pairing.

Yep. <nods enthusiastically> This! Love it!

Really @mrs-b? I was just looking at that wondering if they really did go together..I trust your eye so thank you! ❤️

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a KILLER combo!!!!!!!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayla, I love everything about this stack. And that french cut band is TDF gorgeous! SO glad you finally got your HG french cut band. Well worth the wait! :love:

I LOVE mixing colors!! Ah, the joys of stacking!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really @mrs-b? I was just looking at that wondering if they really did go together..I trust your eye so thank you! ❤

@MamaBee -

Don't give it a second thought - the balance is spot on! Not blowing smoke here - it really is bang on.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristyDarling -

I love this. And I love smaller e-rings; there's just *something* about all that concentrated perfection - especially if you have lovely slender hands, like yours. (not mine, unfortunately) Can you tell me a little about the soli in this photo? I bought a 1.05 G SI1 AVR the other week and am wondering about how I'll set it and how it will look. And can you pls share your finger size with me too? It's clearly smaller than mine, but it helps to get a sense of proportion.

And - if you have a minute and if you feel like it.... I have a ring like the top ring in your photo. Would you be able (and I will totally understand if you dont feel like it or dont have time) to put it on the bottom, then the plain gold band above it, then your soli above that? 3 rings in total - leaving out that lovely, slender eternity - just because that sort of approximates the rings I have and the look I'm thinking of going for.

Anyway, suffice to say, I love my larger rings - but I love smaller rings also. They're just so elegant and beautiful. Enjoy!

Aww, thanks @mrs-b ! That means a lot coming from a tastemaker such as yourself 8). So this retro wedding set actually came to me soldered, and I don't have the heart to separate them. I don't know a ton about it other than the center stone is a .25ct OEC and very white. The cttw of the set is .5. Petite but packs a delicate punch! My finger size fluctuates wildly from 3.75 to 4.75, but in my recent pictures and the ones below, I'd guess it's a 4.

Since I can't separate the set, I hope these pictures are somewhat helpful in approximating the stack you're curious about!

IMG_6068.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG
IMG_9649.JPG
IMG_9634.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks @mrs-b ! That means a lot coming from a tastemaker such as yourself 8). So this retro wedding set actually came to me soldered, and I don't have the heart to separate them. I don't know a ton about it other than the center stone is a .25ct OEC and very white. The cttw of the set is .5. Petite but packs a delicate punch! My finger size fluctuates wildly from 3.75 to 4.75, but in my recent pictures and the ones below, I'd guess it's a 4.

Since I can't separate the set, I hope these pictures are somewhat helpful in approximating the stack you're curious about!

IMG_6068.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG
IMG_9649.JPG
IMG_9634.JPG

A size 4? Well, there's no competing with that for me! I'm a 6.5, but I'll wear up to a 7 if I'm stacking.

Your lovely slender fingers make a quarter ct look perfectly reasonable! And thank you for these photos - this is a wonderful stack. I'm going back and forth repeatedly between doing a cluster with my new AVR, and staying with a simple solitaire. I do like big rings, because I like the finger coverage. But I also love the elegance of a simple, smaller solitaire; a ring like that will take you anywhere!

Do you still have your Leon 3 stone? What a ring that is!! But all your pieces are fabulous; just wondeful!

Thanks again for these photos, @KristyDarling - I'm sure my path will become clear 'in the fullness of time'! :wavey:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A size 4? Well, there's no competing with that for me! I'm a 6.5, but I'll wear up to a 7 if I'm stacking.

Your lovely slender fingers make a quarter ct look perfectly reasonable! And thank you for these photos - this is a wonderful stack. I'm going back and forth repeatedly between doing a cluster with my new AVR, and staying with a simple solitaire. I do like big rings, because I like the finger coverage. But I also love the elegance of a simple, smaller solitaire; a ring like that will take you anywhere!

Do you still have your Leon 3 stone? What a ring that is!! But all your pieces are fabulous; just wondeful!

Thanks again for these photos, @KristyDarling - I'm sure my path will become clear 'in the fullness of time'! :wavey:

You're so sweet! My fingers are small-boned but I have a love/hate relationship with them because they're also super-short and temperamental. The weather dictates which rings I can wear each day: heat = massive swelling and cold = massive shrinkage. :rolleyes:

We're so on the same page about our love of both big and little rings. The big 'uns are striking and in-your-face bold 'n beautiful. The smaller ones look like bands of glitter around the finger, twinkling and winking in the light. Both are wonderful, eh? :kiss2:

Sounds like you have a fun decision ahead! It's tough because I *love* a good antiquey cluster and yet I also love solis. What to do when you like everything!?! My gut tells me you might enjoy having a cluster first - especially since AVRs are ideal for that type of design. After that you can keep an eye out for a small and simple solitaire candidate (perhaps a CBI?). :mrgreen:

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I forgot to answer your question about the Leon Mege ring. I sold that center stone several years ago in order to fund the cushion that's in my 3-stone, but I still have the setting with side pears. One day I hope to use the pears in an antique-style crowned heart ring with a rose cut surround....by DK of course. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I forgot to answer your question about the Leon Mege ring. I sold that center stone several years ago in order to fund the cushion that's in my 3-stone, but I still have the setting with side pears. One day I hope to use the pears in an antique-style crowned heart ring with a rose cut surround....by DK of course. :)

@KristyDarling -

You're right - I'd love a cluster! But here's the thing: I've bought 10 x .27 E VS1/2 super ideals over the last few years to do a cluster with the 3.05ct ACA currently in my 3 stone. I had every intention of turning that stone into a massive cluster. Would have been right up my alley! But then suddenly I 'pulled a pivot' and just enlarged the sides. So now I have these gorgeous 10 x .27ct stones sitting around doing nothing. Part of me wants to say - to heck with it - I'm dismantling the 3 stone and doing the cluster anyway! And I have to say - I think I'd LOVE a ring that big! But part of me says - try to retain *some* degree of decorum and leave it as is, and use the 1.05ct AVR for the cluster. I'd do the huge cluster anyway, if it didn't mean I couldn't wear a wedder with it. But I like wearing a wedding ring, and I just don't see how it could be done in any meaningful way ('meaningful' = being actually able to see it!) with a cluster that large.

And so, I'm stuck.

I'm sad to hear you pulled apart that gorgeous Leon but, being the massive fan that I am of your current 3 stone, my sadness is fleeting! :mrgreen:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I'm getting butterflies just thinking about your 3ct ACA as the centerpiece of an epic cluster!!! :P2 But I agree that if you want to have a wedder that doesn't "disappear" next to a giant cluster, it's better to limit the size of the cluster. Any chance you can turn the 1.05ct AVR into a delicate solitaire for your "less is more" days, then find an AVR 2ct center for your cluster? :bigsmile:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been on a bit of a band buying kick these last few months, but I *think* I'm done for awhile!
Found a frenchcut sapphire band in plat , in my size. Had to have it. Then I kept going back to look at a particular deco platinum engraved band, and finally decided I needed it too. The last purchase was the emerald eternity. I'm a May baby, but I've never had a "good" emerald. I was nervous because I couldn't tell from the vendor pics if it would have that green glow I wanted, so was very happy when it arrived, perfectly glowy!
20200529_170438.jpg 20200529_170250.jpg 20200529_165810.jpg

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new bands and how they work so well with the rings you already had! :appl::appl::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results