color
clarity

Stack of the day thread

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fairly basic stack, but I like it =)2

CF8C27C8-335E-4C8A-A6C3-B7E36D2CDA58.jpeg

DK is actually going to redo the twist band for me. Nothing wrong with its execution, and it’s hard to tell in the photos, but in person the ridges of the twist aren’t very defined; he’s going to make it slightly higher and rounder and this time we’re leaving off the (beautiful) brushed finish in case that’s contributing too. I’ll hopefully have it next week!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fairly basic stack, but I like it =)2

CF8C27C8-335E-4C8A-A6C3-B7E36D2CDA58.jpeg

DK is actually going to redo the twist band for me. Nothing wrong with its execution, and it’s hard to tell in the photos, but in person the ridges of the twist aren’t very defined; he’s going to make it slightly higher and rounder and this time we’re leaving off the (beautiful) brushed finish in case that’s contributing too. I’ll hopefully have it next week!
I love them together..So you’re sending it back and he will redo the whole ring? He sounds like he’s easy to communicate and work with. That’s good to know!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I jammed a whole bunch of bands on my finger trying to get the somewhat same effect as @Lookinagain. My finger is traumatized because of kept trying on different combinations..My finger got so red and I used so much Windex to get them on and off..I’m thinking that much Windex isn’t good! There’s always tomorrow! :roll2:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized I had it stacked already on here..I’ll just repost it..I do want a flat engraved band one too..This one is heavily carved so I worry about the milgrain on the edge getting scratched..I definitely want to get it in yg.
1A11A679-DEC1-4E6C-AD13-8FF484A0CB63.jpeg

THANKS for your detailed response about spacers being less than 1.5 mm :bigsmile:

Are all three of the above bands 2 mm? I am debating between 1.5 mm and 2 mm for my rope band. Love your carved band!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha! Thank you..I love it too..I’m very wordy! The baguette and round bezel is 2.25mm The carved is 2mm and the aquamarine is 2.3mm..

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I jammed a whole bunch of bands on my finger trying to get the somewhat same effect as @Lookinagain. My finger is traumatized because of kept trying on different combinations..My finger got so red and I used so much Windex to get them on and off..I’m thinking that much Windex isn’t good! There’s always tomorrow! :roll2:

You got a chuckle out of me, but I hope your finger is okay!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding stack for today...Notice all my ring baggies in the background! :lol-2:
B84BCFEE-C435-4AFB-9495-135842A20147.jpeg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha! Thank you..I love it too..I’m very wordy! The baguette and round bezel is 2.25mm The carved is 2mm and the aquamarine is 2.3mm..

NOT too wordy at all!! VERY helpful. My finger real estate is small so I am thinking of staying in the 2 mm zone but I saw a carved band with milgrain and it's 2.3 mm. I've liked it for quite a while, so I may go wider just to get some milgrain.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5F4AE156-2742-4383-950C-01BF8EDFAED3.jpeg

As per usual as of late, I’m really surprised at how much I like this stack! I have always worn RG on the bottom when I wear my e-ring too but today I just put it on there without thinking. Lo and behold, this combo of colors, shapes, and order has quickly grown on me!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
5F4AE156-2742-4383-950C-01BF8EDFAED3.jpeg

As per usual as of late, I’m really surprised at how much I like this stack! I have always worn RG on the bottom when I wear my e-ring too but today I just put it on there without thinking. Lo and behold, this combo of colors, shapes, and order has quickly grown on me!
I like it too! I think this is my favorite way for you to wear it..

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking photos of multiple bands at the same time is hard. Here are a couple of the photos you requested @Mamabean Sorry that they are so large I deleted the first batch that were even larger. The blue spinel band didn't photograph well. It was so hard to get so many bands and stones to look close to how they look in real life.

The large yellow band and the jade rings will probably never get stacked because of their thickness. The two bubble bands were bought to stack but they sit so high up off the finger that I usually don't like the look of them in a stack.
20180917_154923.jpg

Here I've put the white bands on one finger and the yellows on another. One band is a vintage two tone band and can only fit on one of my fingers so it's a very limited stacker. The thin yellow band doesn't fit me at all and I don't know where it came from. But it does show me that purchasing one that fits might give me options.
20180917_155216.jpg

So with all that in mind here are my remaining stackers that will fit or can be resized for my right hand. Suggested additions?
20180917_160431.jpg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Taking photos of multiple bands at the same time is hard. Here are a couple of the photos you requested @Mamabean Sorry that they are so large I deleted the first batch that were even larger. The blue spinel band didn't photograph well. It was so hard to get so many bands and stones to look close to how they look in real life.

The large yellow band and the jade rings will probably never get stacked because of their thickness. The two bubble bands were bought to stack but they sit so high up off the finger that I usually don't like the look of them in a stack.
20180917_154923.jpg

Here I've put the white bands on one finger and the yellows on another. One band is a vintage two tone band and can only fit on one of my fingers so it's a very limited stacker. The thin yellow band doesn't fit me at all and I don't know where it came from. But it does show me that purchasing one that fits might give me options.
20180917_155216.jpg

So with all that in mind here are my remaining attackers that will fit or can be resized for my right hand. Suggested additions?
20180917_160431.jpg

20180917_154923.jpg

20180917_155216.jpg

So with all that in mind here are my remaining attackers that will fit or can be resized for my right hand. Suggested additions?
20180917_160431.jpg
Your rings are gorgeous! I love the color of the blue stone in your ring..Is that a blue spinel? The blue band is gorgeous too..I would love a band like that. I’m not knowledgeable about colored stones although I love them.
Have you tried putting the large bubble diamond band in between the two large white gold bubble bands? I would have fun trying out all the combinations. I do that with mine..although I went overboard the other day and took off all my skin on my poor finger because they don’t always stack great depending on where they are on my finger. Is the band that’s underneath the diamond bubble band white and yellow gold? Is it an antique? It’s so pretty..Your east west stone..Is that an aquamarine?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean THANKS it's so great to have someone who understands my obsession...
Yes the two tone band underneath the diamond bubble band is a vintage family ring. The pattern goes all the way around so I won't resize it. So it will only fit my left hand ring finger and once it's there only my wedding band and ering will fit.
20180730_153627.jpg

I have tried the yellow bubble diamond band between the two white bubble bands, it's a very modern look and a bit chunky for my finger real estate, but it is an option. At least they all have the same modern vibe.

20180606_001556.jpg

This East West blue stone was bought many years ago as a topaz but has recently tested as a Spinel. Which makes sense because I've worn it so much that if it was a topaz it should have visible scratches.

20180730_153722.jpg

So what should my next purchase be? I'm debating between a yellow twist band and a white carved ring. Of course if I find a French Cut Diamond band I can afford that will be snapped up no questions.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean THANKS it's so great to have someone who understands my obsession...
Yes the two tone band underneath the diamond bubble band is a vintage family ring. The pattern goes all the way around so I won't resize it. So it will only fit my left hand ring finger and once it's there only my wedding band and ering will fit.
20180730_153627.jpg

I have tried the yellow bubble diamond band between the two white bubble bands, it's a very modern look and a bit chunky for my finger real estate, but it is an option. At least they all have the same modern vibe.

20180606_001556.jpg

This East West blue stone was bought many years ago as a topaz but has recently tested as a Spinel. Which makes sense because I've worn it so much that if it was a topaz it should have visible scratches.

20180730_153722.jpg

So what should my next purchase be? I'm debating between a yellow twist band and a white carved ring. Of course if I find a French Cut Diamond band I can afford that will be snapped up no questions.

What I did was buy a silver carved like band on Amazon to see if I wanted one in white gold. I think it was $13! It is so pretty that I actually wear it on my right hand in stacks. I probably have it on here somewhere..I’ll find it and show you.It convinced me to get my carved white gold band on Etsy. It looks like you have a yellow gold twist band..Do you want a thicker one?
I also want a diamond French cut band too..That’s on my never ending list of things I want to get. It’s torture to wait until after Christmas. I have a trigger finger..:lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
863AD125-1D34-4A72-99AA-87F839719ECD.jpeg
@Stone Hunter Thus is the silver band that I bought on Amazon to see if I wanted the white gold band. It’s so sturdy and dirt cheap!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it too! I think this is my favorite way for you to wear it..
I’m replying to my own post..I went back in the thread to look for one of my pictures and kept seeing your stacks..I can’t pick! They’re all pretty!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I did was buy a silver carved like band on Amazon to see if I wanted one in white gold. I think it was $13! It is so pretty that I actually wear it on my right hand in stacks. I probably have it on here somewhere..I’ll find it and show you.It convinced me to get my carved white gold band on Etsy. It looks like you have a yellow gold twist band..Do you want a thicker one?
I also want a diamond French cut band too..That’s on my never ending list of things I want to get. It’s torture to wait until after Christmas. I have a trigger finger..:lol-2:

The yellow twist band isn't mine. I don't know where it came from but it is way too big for me. If I can figure out how to stack it I will buy one that fits me. Where did you get your white twist band? I am considering two different vendors.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The yellow twist band isn't mine. I don't know where it came from but it is way too big for me. If I can figure out how to stack it I will buy one that fits me. Where did you get your white twist band? I am considering two different vendors.
It’s another cheapie from Amazon Boruo 925 Sterling Silver 2mm comfort fit $7.99! I buy them to try them out and then love them so never get the gold ones!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s another cheapie from Amazon Boruo 925 Sterling Silver 2mm comfort fit $7.99! I buy them to try them out and then love them so never get the gold ones!

Looks good! I already have some silver so I am going to just go for the gold in twist bands. I just have to pick a width, and vendor.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t wear them other than together so they’re fine. I won’t wear them with my good stuff though because silver can get abrasive after a time wearing it next to a platinum or gold. They supposedly get little burs...and then start scratching..so I would stick with the gold or platinum.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here’s my stack of the day!

CVB Norah, Zina Tahiri pink diamond micropave band and my new Melanie Casey pink tourmaline Meridian band!

9CBCCA59-EEE1-463F-B22A-0F216B707D49.jpeg
69E23402-B5E5-43E8-A1FC-85AFBE30087A.jpeg 40BD59BF-7E5B-443F-AC1F-9D0DFFB7CE3E.jpeg
Jaw dropping gorgeous! I’ve never seen a ring like your tourmaline band! :love:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It only takes two to make a stack, right? I can't wait to keep adding to these.
Platinum, circa 1932
22K, circa 1840's

Don't you think I need a micro pavé next? In rose gold? lol, yes of course you do, ISG. :roll
IMG_3603.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Platinum, circa 1932
22K, circa 1840's

Don't you think I need a micro pavé next? In rose gold? lol, yes of course you do, ISG. :roll
IMG_3603.jpeg
I love your bands! They’re both beautiful but the 22k one is amazing...A micro pave’ would look gorgeous with them...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Platinum, circa 1932
22K, circa 1840's

IMG_3603.jpeg

YES! That will be perfect. Where did you find theses bands?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results