shape
carat
color
clarity

Stack mismatched? Can anything help?

twang07

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to save up funds for a diamond band of my dreams but in the meantime I picked up this $150 channel set 0.20ctw band. I don't think it quite matches my ering, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice to improve the stack? Perhaps this is impossible. Thanks for the help!
4F3DFBB5-85F8-4DC2-9C81-95E0C10DD0C2.jpeg 22592882-8B2F-48B3-A6FE-BEB6AD5C2947.jpeg

twang07

Shiny_Rock
image.jpg
Just the ering and current band.

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Thank you that's very kind. Maybe the look will grow, just something seems off to me.. maybe the clash of vintage/more modern style?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your ering! Huge yg fan! Can you post a side view? I don't mind the channel set but try it with the twisted band first. If the channel set is closer to the ering it may look a bit more delicate.

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I get why you see it as off.. it's not a matched set. That's what I like so much about it, a little quirky and a little unexpected. And I like the plain twist band in between as a spacer in the first photo. If you can tell I'm not a matchy matchy person.

twang07

Shiny_Rock
You make a solid point @JmeeMrie I didn't think it would match perfectly but something needs to unify it.. I was hoping maybe a different spacer or maybe a different metal color? I'm tinkering with some cheap 1mm bands to give me a better idea. Fully appreciate the vote of confidence!

@ceg I totally love yg especially since the stones a J. Definitely helps it pop! It's cvb I adore her stuff. It's a Zoe with Chloe shoulders. Couldn't decide between those styles so I made the best of both! I hope to get one of those French set baguette bands one day. In the mean time here's some side profiles
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a very thin pave band... maybe the width of the twisted rope... would look wonderful and give you that extra sparkle you’re looking for.

Beautiful ring btw!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg your ring is gorgeous! Is the Caysie’s Zoe? :love:
The channel set band doesn’t look *bad*, but to my eyes it seems to compete with your Zoe. I think you are right that the modern channel set doesn’t quite jive with the vintage. I do like the texture of the twist band. Maybe Look around for an engraved band, check Etsy or one of Caysie’s beautiful bands that will flow better with your gorgeous Zoe.

Edit: you were posting those photos while I was typing. What a stunning collaboration between Zoe and Chloe! :kiss2:

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You make a solid point @JmeeMrie I didn't think it would match perfectly but something needs to unify it.. I was hoping maybe a different spacer or maybe a different metal color? I'm tinkering with some cheap 1mm bands to give me a better idea. Fully appreciate the vote of confidence!

@ceg I totally love yg especially since the stones a J. Definitely helps it pop! It's cvb I adore her stuff. It's a Zoe with Chloe shoulders. Couldn't decide between those styles so I made the best of both! I hope to get one of those French set baguette bands one day. In the mean time here's some side profiles
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well I shoulda guessed! CvB is my favorite! I have 10 pieces (and counting )! Yours is glorious - love it!!!!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my sister a band for Christmas from james allen when they had the 25% off sale. It is not cvb or french cuts but it sparkles a lot and has a delicate vintage feel. It was only around $400. I was very impressed with it and so is she!

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I ADORE your e-ring such amazing detail in the setting I think a filigree pave half eternity band here are some examples I love wedding-band-with-white-diamond-in-18K-yellow-gold-FDENS3280B-NL-YG.jpg images (6).jpeg the "Jacket" band rings that slide right up to the E-ring

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all for the love! Ahhh the struggle is so real when you follow cvb on ig and you just want to buy her entire page! I definitely want one of her bands in the future but alas don't have the funds yet :( that's why I'm hesitant to spend a lot to fix my current setup cause it'll cut into that fund. I'll try some thin pave as suggested by shiny. Ceg adore your bands so maybe something on James Allen might fit the bill. Thanks for your suggestions!

Would it be crazy to try and add milligrain into the channel set to make it more vintage? Not really sure if that's possible...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your stack! It looks great together!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just poppin' in to say I Love your ering!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the love! Ahhh the struggle is so real when you follow cvb on ig and you just want to buy her entire page! I definitely want one of her bands in the future but alas don't have the funds yet :( that's why I'm hesitant to spend a lot to fix my current setup cause it'll cut into that fund. I'll try some thin pave as suggested by shiny. Ceg adore your bands so maybe something on James Allen might fit the bill. Thanks for your suggestions!

Would it be crazy to try and add milligrain into the channel set to make it more vintage? Not really sure if that's possible...
It wouldn’t hurt to have a jeweler examine the Channel Set Band to see if there's enough Metal to add millgrain to it; millgrain adds character to anything! I think it might do the trick (for now). ;)2
I love the set, and I love the idea of adding a thin, pave band the width of the twisted band to it for subtle sparkle.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had millgrain added to a hearts on fire band by my bench and it turned out great.
I think you have a very interesting idea...
Before and after
img_0543.jpg img_0742_0.jpg

Last edited:

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Ahh that's beautiful jimmi. Do you know how jewelers decide that the band can be milligrained?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Wow sandeek that's gorgeous!! How was the turn around time for that? And do you mind me asking how much that kind of work costs for rehabbing and not making a whole ring??

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow sandeek that's gorgeous!! How was the turn around time for that? And do you mind me asking how much that kind of work costs for rehabbing and not making a whole ring??

Thank you! I love it too. When it spins I don't mind now as the bottom is beautiful too.
My band is platinum so I'm not sure how 14k would work, but it took about 2 weeks and was surprisingly about $150 last summer if I remember correctly. :)

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I don't love that channel set band with your stunning Caysie engagement ring. There is just such a difference in the style and quality - maybe that is why it bugs you a bit? I appreciate that it is difficult to wait til you save up for one which matches better, i.e. another Caysie perhaps? but sometimes, waiting is the best choice otherwise you spend a fortune on "making do" when the funds could be going towards the perfect match.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh that's beautiful jimmi. Do you know how jewelers decide that the band can be milligrained?
I don’t know, but it seems they can put millgrain on just about anything.
I am STILL trying to find the right band for my ring...the right setting for my stone..on and on. Lol
I agree that a delicate looking setting works well with a delicate band but while you ponder, getting millgrain would be an inexpensive solution for now, and you never know, it might turn out to look just right!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the milgrain idea. I recently added milgrain to a vintage band that I had and the difference is amazing! David Klass did it for me and it was pretty affordable. I love your rings and I don’t even mind the stack as is, but adding milgrain to the band will definitely soften and unify the look in my opinion. =)2

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t love the idea of millgrain. I’d probably wear the channel set on my other hand and buy either a plain gold band or a more 50s style diamond band. One with like 5-7 tiny diamonds.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@twang07 will you share the size of your center stone and your ring size please?

M

MTHealthyLiving

7BAC7D8B-9F59-4EB0-B2A8-572DD9F3C1AD.png
I'm trying to save up funds for a diamond band of my dreams but in the meantime I picked up this $150 channel set 0.20ctw band. I don't think it quite matches my ering, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice to improve the stack? Perhaps this is impossible. Thanks for the help!
4F3DFBB5-85F8-4DC2-9C81-95E0C10DD0C2.jpeg 22592882-8B2F-48B3-A6FE-BEB6AD5C2947.jpeg

You know, I just spent three months and tried about a dozen rings to make my stack perfect! Lol! It was my darn channel set band that was setting everything off! But for some reason now I LOVE my stack. I’m not sure what changed my mind about it (perhaps the pain of trying a million rings, or the disaster with Kay), but I’m in love now and wouldn’t change a thing. Give it time and don’t be afraid to try anything and everything you think you might like. After all it’s your set, and you need to love it! Good luck!

M

MTHealthyLiving

And p.s. I love your stack! Beautiful!

M

MTHealthyLiving

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results