• Thread starter MTHealthyLiving
  • Start date

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I vote the second one. The first change you made to the original one

M

MTHealthyLiving

Haha same here...just no shinies for me to play with. I think you have a lot of great options with the 4 rings you have. Play around with it and definitely let us know what you ultimately come up with, whether it's to add a 5th thinner band for texture/color or if you're able to find a combo with your 4 that you love. I am now super invested and need to know...:mrgreen2::lol-2::lol-2:

After much consideration, I have decided to take the channel set band and create a band only stack. I want rose gold in that stack for sure, but I’m sooooo lacking in creativity. For some reason that channel band is just throwing me for a loop. I’m really struggling to build with it.
Ideas??????

M

MTHealthyLiving

I think that if you did sapphire, twist, halo then channel (in either direction, with the channel closest to your palm or with the sapphire closest to your palm)....the twist will give a bit of texture difference between the sapphire and the halo's band and on the other side of the halo, the channel is another texture. Also, I think that since the channel is chunkier than the other two being by itself on one side of the halo gives it a little more star power that putting it on the bottom of the stack didn't do.

M

MTHealthyLiving

After much consideration, I have decided to take the channel set band and create a band only stack. I want rose gold in that stack for sure, but I’m sooooo lacking in creativity. For some reason that channel band is just throwing me for a loop. I’m really struggling to build with it.
Ideas??????

M

MTHealthyLiving

I think it’s really pretty. That sapphire band is gorgeous and adding colour is definitely a good call!
But.. one thing I notice is that you’ve got quite a bit of similar texture going on - two prong set bands next to each other, and every stone in the stack is round so that may be why you’re not in love with it cos it feels like it’s too much of the same thing.
I would add in a thin (thin!) plain band in YG, RG or green gold between your ering and your sapphire band or between that and the twist band.
To my eye a stack works best when it has a mix of colours and textures but also unifying elements like band height or metal colour. 3B89713C-6991-4E63-B416-89C8A077EB8F.jpeg
This isn’t mine but it’s an example I like off IG where the bands are similar profiles and heights but different mixes of stone shapes and metal colour.
PS I get what you mean re weird old lady stack. I have that feeling some days with my RH stack so that’s a day where I wear a plain diamond band and leave it at that lol

Ideas??????

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband thinks there needs to be a ring in front of the halo, so ideas please! :D

I think that with the set you have, for balance purposes there should be a ring/two in front of the halo. BUT if you were planning on moving the Channel in a band only stack situation, but leaving the sapphire and the twist alone, the halo will work just fine as the front/top ring or wherever.

Ideas??????

For me the channel is a little thick for stacking with the other bands since it seems to throw off the ratios. If you were going to make the channel part of a band only stack, you have a lot more options....I would love to see the channel with any combination of the following: textured rose band (that's thinner), infinity with baguettes and rounds OR marquis and rounds (same width or a tiny bit thinner, you could do CS or diamonds here), pave diamond or CS infinity, plain jane 1 mm band in whatever color,

Since the thickness of the Channel set was what kept throwing me off, I included some thick/thinness (in relation to the channel set) suggestions for the other rings I would love to see the Channel set with, just to give you an idea of what i'm thinking of.

I've linked pictures below of rings I had saved for my potential wedding band....you don't have to follow anything I post but feel to steal any of the rings you like.

il_fullxfull.397284395_6bq0.jpg

b57e3102b9aa745a1ae20192993a4040.jpg

alternating-bezel-set-marquise-and-round-diamond-eternity-102.jpg

tr5069-bt-iwfd-1.jpg

P.S. for the ones below...just focus on the bands...ignore the ering.
8b7ff32579e82e7a053000faac717655--stackable-wedding-rings-with-solitaire-bezel-engagement-ring-with-wedding-band.jpg

77de6e1d-d690-4dc1-b180-5e5e62b08413_1.0ab69d0e8d0fa8fbe8bd630d2f70ef36.jpeg

42abda717c21c2cfa5198f1aee8454e0.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your stacking options. I think the channel set may be too much shiny metal with the other bands. Could you get some texture onto that band? I’m thinking matt finish or carving or milgrain. Since it’s your WB I’m looking for a way to adapt it.

As I posted on another thread I really really like your new sapphire band. Congrats. :))

M

MTHealthyLiving

LOVE your stacking options. I think the channel set may be too much shiny metal with the other bands. Could you get some texture onto that band? I’m thinking matt finish or carving or milgrain. Since it’s your WB I’m looking for a way to adapt it.

As I posted on another thread I really really like your new sapphire band. Congrats. :))

Thank you!
I would love to add some milgrain detail to my WB! I need to find a good jeweler in my area though.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!
I would love to add some milgrain detail to my WB! I need to find a good jeweler in my area though.

Finding a good local jeweler is always a challenge!

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But it says they’re purple.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results