color
clarity

Stack Complete! I think...

• Thread starter MTHealthyLiving
  • Start date
M

MTHealthyLiving

F77CEC8C-8EF1-45FE-8AF9-AC75EE3CDCEB.jpeg
I think this will do until I reset my yogo sapphire ring. But I’m still not in love, and don’t know why.
I couldn’t find a yogo sapphire ring to add to the stack like I wanted, so a natural sapphire ring will have to do.
One day I’d like to use the diamonds in my channel set band, and reset them with the yogo sapphire ring.
What do you think?
Should I stack these differently?
Leave one out?
Maybe wear the sapphire band on my right hand with the diamond and amethyst bands (my son’s) birthstone on my right hand?
Just give this ring search up and just love what I’ve got? Ugh.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it...but YOU have to love it. Keep searching until your heart flutters....

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Well I'm not sure how much it will help but... it's beautiful!! I love that blue! Is it always that blue?? :love:

M

MTHealthyLiving

I love it...but YOU have to love it. Keep searching until your heart flutters....

Thank you!
I’m not sure why I’m not in love with it.
Maybe I’m feeling like it’s one of those weird old lady stacks. Lol! Or maybe I’m just more of a simple person...
It’s hard to know what to look for when I can’t figure out what I don’t love.

M

MTHealthyLiving

Well I'm not sure how much it will help but... it's beautiful!! I love that blue! Is it always that blue?? :love:

Yes, the band is always that blue! I took my breath away when I opened the box! It doesn’t totally match the yogo sapphire, but it’s hard to tell unless you look really close.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the band is always that blue! I took my breath away when I opened the box! It doesn’t totally match the yogo sapphire, but it’s hard to tell unless you look really close.
Wow! Awesome! It's so beautiful! I had to show my husband lmao. It's close enough for me anyway :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How does it look if you swap the two middle bands round?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s really pretty. That sapphire band is gorgeous and adding colour is definitely a good call!
But.. one thing I notice is that you’ve got quite a bit of similar texture going on - two prong set bands next to each other, and every stone in the stack is round so that may be why you’re not in love with it cos it feels like it’s too much of the same thing.
I would add in a thin (thin!) plain band in YG, RG or green gold between your ering and your sapphire band or between that and the twist band.
To my eye a stack works best when it has a mix of colours and textures but also unifying elements like band height or metal colour. 3B89713C-6991-4E63-B416-89C8A077EB8F.jpeg
This isn’t mine but it’s an example I like off IG where the bands are similar profiles and heights but different mixes of stone shapes and metal colour.
PS I get what you mean re weird old lady stack. I have that feeling some days with my RH stack so that’s a day where I wear a plain diamond band and leave it at that lol

Last edited:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The good thing with a stack is you can keep it fresh by switching it up, or go simple with just one of the bands, as your mood changes. I don’t see anything old lady about it. Can you pinpoint what’s bothering you?

M

MTHealthyLiving

I think it’s really pretty. That sapphire band is gorgeous and adding colour is definitely a good call!
But.. one thing I notice is that you’ve got quite a bit of similar texture going on - two prong set bands next to each other, and every stone in the stack is round so that may be why you’re not in love with it cos it feels like it’s too much of the same thing.
I would add in a thin (thin!) plain band in YG, RG or green gold between your ering and your sapphire band or between that and the twist band.
To my eye a stack works best when it has a mix of colours and textures but also unifying elements like band height or metal colour. 3B89713C-6991-4E63-B416-89C8A077EB8F.jpeg
This isn’t mine but it’s an example I like off IG where the bands are similar profiles and heights but different mixes of stone shapes and metal colour.
PS I get what you mean re weird old lady stack. I have that feeling some days with my RH stack so that’s a day where I wear a plain diamond band and leave it at that lol

I think you are dead on!
I was trying so hard to create some continuity that theres TOO much I think!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think your stack is really pretty and they all go together quite well. But when I look at it I prefer this stack vs the original you posted....so i'm wondering if your were to play with placement of rings maybe that's what's bothering you?

I was actually wondering what it would look like with the channel ring above the e-ring...

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would like to see you try the twisted (or marquis shaped) band on the other side of your beautiful halo ring.
Sometimes having the solitaire/higher set ring in the center creates a better balance to my eye.
I love the combination you have created.

M

MTHealthyLiving

I think your stack is really pretty and they all go together quite well. But when I look at it I prefer this stack vs the original you posted....so i'm wondering if your were to play with placement of rings maybe that's what's bothering you?

I was actually wondering what it would look like with the channel ring above the e-ring...
78C87169-38E9-4049-9995-4A4590B4FEED.jpeg

M

MTHealthyLiving

EBD599ED-07C1-4B3F-A6A3-3408FDF9F794.jpeg
I think I would like to see you try the twisted (or marquis shaped) band on the other side of your beautiful halo ring.
Sometimes having the solitaire/higher set ring in the center creates a better balance to my eye.
I love the combination you have created.

M

MTHealthyLiving

I would wear the channel set on your right hand and keep the 2 bands on your left they way they are. If you wanted to add to it I would add an all
metal white gold carved band. I would keep it thin to not overshadow the other stackers.

Maybe something like these...I would keep them the same height off the finger.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/550346897/art-deco-white-gold-wedding-band-vintage?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=white gold carved wedding band&ref=sr_gallery-1-8
https://www.etsy.com/listing/524428406/sale-belais-18k-victorian-art-nouveau?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=white gold carved wedding band&ref=sr_gallery-2-6

The channel won’t fit on my right hand. My right fingers are 1/2-1 whole size bigger than my left. Plus my right finger has birthstone rings for my son.
I think the channel band is what I’m not liking though. It seems to throw everything off balance. The hard thing is, it’s my wedding band so I’m super sentimental about it. That’s why I’d eventually like to reset the yogo sapphire and diamond ring with the diamonds from the channel band. That way I still have a part of the original wedding band.

M

MTHealthyLiving

I like both ways, but how do YOU feel about it? does it feel like there is more contrast and interest?

I’m torn... The thing I like about the twist band being between the channel and sapphire band is that it puts a little break in the similarity of the other three rings. But I like the idea of the Halo not being in front.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m torn... The thing I like about the twist band being between the channel and sapphire band is that it puts a little break in the similarity of the other three rings. But I like the idea of the Halo not being in front.

I think that if you did sapphire, twist, halo then channel (in either direction, with the channel closest to your palm or with the sapphire closest to your palm)....the twist will give a bit of texture difference between the sapphire and the halo's band and on the other side of the halo, the channel is another texture. Also, I think that since the channel is chunkier than the other two being by itself on one side of the halo gives it a little more star power that putting it on the bottom of the stack didn't do.

M

MTHealthyLiving

486F2C61-8C76-473F-BBC7-61BBBA886AAC.jpeg
I like both ways, but how do YOU feel about it? does it feel like there is more contrast and interest?

I’m getting nothing done today, playing with my rings Lol!

Another view...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved stack number 2!

M

MTHealthyLiving

I think that if you did sapphire, twist, halo then channel (in either direction, with the channel closest to your palm or with the sapphire closest to your palm)....the twist will give a bit of texture difference between the sapphire and the halo's band and on the other side of the halo, the channel is another texture. Also, I think that since the channel is chunkier than the other two being by itself on one side of the halo gives it a little more star power that putting it on the bottom of the stack didn't do.
2EAF95AE-9B3F-42BF-A14D-67B1870A0245.jpeg

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
486F2C61-8C76-473F-BBC7-61BBBA886AAC.jpeg

I’m getting nothing done today, playing with my rings Lol!

Another view...

Haha same here...just no shinies for me to play with. I think you have a lot of great options with the 4 rings you have. Play around with it and definitely let us know what you ultimately come up with, whether it's to add a 5th thinner band for texture/color or if you're able to find a combo with your 4 that you love. I am now super invested and need to know...:mrgreen2::lol-2::lol-2:

M

MTHealthyLiving

Haha same here...just no shinies for me to play with. I think you have a lot of great options with the 4 rings you have. Play around with it and definitely let us know what you ultimately come up with, whether it's to add a 5th thinner band for texture/color or if you're able to find a combo with your 4 that you love. I am now super invested and need to know...:mrgreen2::lol-2::lol-2:
My husband thinks there needs to be a ring in front of the halo, so ideas please! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results