shape
carat
color
clarity

St. Louis B&M and Independent Appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
It is finally time for me to start looking for my stone. BF would like to buy the stone online and have it set locally. He would like to have a local jeweler and to be able to see the stone before it is set without having to ship it a bunch of times. Does any one have any particular St. Louis area B&M stores that they like? I''m eyeing a 1.5 carat asscher in a three stone setting with traps. I''ll start another thread on the stone in a couple of days when I''ve picked out a couple to compare. Also, I looked under resources and there are no local st. louis appraisers. Any suggestions there either? Thank you all.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 1:44:41 PM
Author:RLG
Hi,
It is finally time for me to start looking for my stone. BF would like to buy the stone online and have it set locally. He would like to have a local jeweler and to be able to see the stone before it is set without having to ship it a bunch of times. Does any one have any particular St. Louis area B&M stores that they like? I''m eyeing a 1.5 carat asscher in a three stone setting with traps. I''ll start another thread on the stone in a couple of days when I''ve picked out a couple to compare. Also, I looked under resources and there are no local st. louis appraisers. Any suggestions there either? Thank you all.
Unfortunately, I''m not sure how to help since I''m not in the St. Louis area, however, I do know that a lot of Pricescoper''s send their rings off to be appraised by Neil, I believe he goes by the name of denver appraiser on Pricescope. If you are really firm on not sending it off, hopefully, another Pricescoper will be able to help you out or maybe Neil will be able to recommend someone in your area.

I went to the National Association of Master Appraiser''s website and found the following info for you ... Take a look. Click Here

I hope it helps you out! Good luck and please, pretty please, show us your ring when you have it or your diamond!
36.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both for the information. I looked on the NAJA site and found someone listed as a candidate. So I googled the name and a pricescope topic thread come up with this exact same situation about needing an apprasier in St. Louis. So I will give that person and the other appraiser that antiqueasscher used a call when we have a diamond. Any suggestions for stores for a three stone setting?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 6:25:29 PM
Author: RLG

Thank you both for the information. I looked on the NAJA site and found someone listed as a candidate. So I googled the name and a pricescope topic thread come up with this exact same situation about needing an apprasier in St. Louis. So I will give that person and the other appraiser that antiqueasscher used a call when we have a diamond. Any suggestions for stores for a three stone setting?

Great! I''m happy I was able to assist.
36.gif

I know Ritani has some great 3 stone settings. Here is a link to their site Click here

It appears as though Elleard Heffern Fine Jewelers carries Ritani jewelry in St. Louis. Here is a link to their site Click Here

Also, I know Pearlman''s Jewelers, seemingly a PS fave, carries many different designers who make lovely 3 stone rings. Here is a link their website as well ... Click Here

Good luck and happy shopping!
9.gif
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi RL,

I'm about 20 miles north of you on the IL border.

I purchased an upgrade a year and a half ago, ended up buying the stone and setting online, and then had it appraised in St. Louis. I knew what I had, and it came with everything I'd need for insurance, I basically did the short appraisal in SL to verify the stone matched the cert, and that I got a good buy. It was my first online purchase, and not peanuts, so I wanted to be prudent.

I used

Kienstra GEM-LAB (pronounced kenstra)

314-862-5054

Clayton

It's a lady, very nice. She doesn't have any of the new fangled gadgets, but she has what you need for a decent appraisal. Reasonably priced as well.

As for where to shop, I didn't get to many in SL. Long story short, I bought a stone and setting from Saettle's, on Brentwood in Clayton. The stone became very questionable, so I returned it, after quite a heated/ugly conversation. They're not good people, stay away.

Someone who lives in SL and used to frequent this board, but doesn't anymore, gave me the names of a couple you might check out. I never used them, as I bought online after the Saettle fiasco.

This one set a stone for her which was purchased online. She says he's very nice, and quite knowledgeable.

John Huesler at Copernicus Fine Jewelry
130 W. Lockwood
Webster Groves
961-5344

She said this one has a much larger selection (now that I write this, not sure if she meant stones or settings) on hand.

Simon Katz at Simon's
8113 Maryland
Clayton
752-8888

I hope this helps.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Ellen,
Thank you so much for the response. I have been to Simons in clayton and they were very nice when I looked at setting there. I will check out the other store as well.
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good deal. Let us know how you make out!

And you''re welcome.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results