shape
carat
color
clarity

SS Cat''s Eye

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
VERY cool!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Glad that you like the pictures, I am getting a new camera in the new year and hopefully I can take sharper pictures still
9.gif

Date: 12/30/2009 10:28:19 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

SS,
Wow, great shots. That stone just glows. I love it!!

Thank you!!!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lovinggems... this design was actually a second choice because I realized that the stone was simply too big for the more organic and chunky design I had planned on originally. As a matter of fact a variant of this design was originally intended for a star sapphire I have heheh

Date: 12/31/2009 12:07:03 AM
Author: Lovinggems
Love the ring design.
36.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Glitterata thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it! People seem to stare at the ring when I wear it... perhaps because they think its looking at them
32.gif

Date: 12/31/2009 12:13:49 AM
Author: glitterata
Love the ring, love the stone. It looks great on your hand.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
MakingTheGrade, virgoruby, bling addict thanks so much for your kind words. I had a great time designing the ring and even better time wearing and photographing it :) For all its angled features, its pretty comfortable, doesn''t spin, and like all my rings lays nice and low so I am less likely to bang it against a wall or table
12.gif

Date: 12/31/2009 2:46:50 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
That turned out wonderfully! Very cool design.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for looking Ma Re. The lack of a "glittery" look usually keeps the ring off the radar from first glance but I''ve noticed people taking more of an interest in the stone during meetings when there are less visual "distractions". Seems like the milk and honey effect is what first catchs their eye and then the chatoyancy takes over.

Date: 12/31/2009 3:51:21 AM
Author: ma re
Wow that''s really a statement piece, definately not something you see every day! That stone really has multiple personalities
9.gif
Good job on the design!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chiquitapet, I appreciate you taking the time to comment, thank you
1.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Speaking of Milk and Honey, here is a set of pictures I took to demonstrate that effect
34.gif
I think the bottom right picture is a lead into the opening and closing of the eye
2.gif

-SS

catseye-milkhoney-copy.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was about to request hand shots, the milk and honey and opening of the eye but you beat me to it! Great ring and stone, SS!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
And as promised, here is my take at capturing the eye opening and closing.

Until you see the effect in person one likely only thinks there are two "lines" on top of the stone. But as I have found now that I have one of my own, this effect is SO MUCH MORE!

The only way I can think to describe it is as if the eye is like the Eye of Sauron from Lord of the Rings when it opens wide. It also reminds me alot of a Pac-Man mouth that is opening and closing, there is a very prominent 3 dimensional quality to it as if the stone is "parting of the red sea" or like the middle is scooped out... its a real trip! I hypothesize that this effect is basically a bilateral and symmetrical "milk and honey" effect but boy is it entertaining
9.gif

Date: 12/31/2009 12:11:58 PM
Author: Chrono
I was about to request hand shots, the milk and honey and opening of the eye but you beat me to it! Great ring and stone, SS!

eye-openclose-copy.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures of a great stone. Thank you so much. Enjoy that cool ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 10:50:30 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Great pictures of a great stone. Thank you so much. Enjoy that cool ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks Flygirl! I am only happy to have the good fortune to be able to share with you all my fellow gem collectors :)

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a really cool effect, great photos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results