shape
carat
color
clarity

Square opposed bar cut tourmaline- in love!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! The cut makes the colors come through all pixelated looking! Very Pretty!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one interesting stone - it is still bright while showing a variety of shades and colours. I like it. I also like how you are able to capture the blue and green on the different axises.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a beauty. That cut is going on my short list for sure!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention on my earlier post that the item besides the zircon would not exist if it weren''t for you!

3.gif

I''ll have to get some photos tomorrow.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, reminds me of confetti. A party stone!!
36.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I feel like a retard. I saw pics of those stones and I thought it was a messed up pixelated photo. It is really cool!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very neat looking stone; I love it! I hope to be able to see it in person some time. :)

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
That is amazing! I love it!
30.gif
thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photos, I have not seen pictures of this cut outside vendor photos and your stone is super!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That''s such a neat cut! Love your stone! It looks like it''s been censored.
31.gif

annadragon

Shiny_Rock
Who is Gene and how do I give him all my money?
31.gif

That is a gorgeous stone.
36.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool stone!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 2:35:45 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
I feel like a retard. I saw pics of those stones and I thought it was a messed up pixelated photo. It is really cool!
So did I! How embarassing.
7.gif

It''s an awesome stone though!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH My! that is such an AWESOME AWESOME stone.. the cut is fantastic, I''ve never seen a cut like it, Its gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
... very modern feel, I love it!... off to see if he has anymore out and about.
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow so awesome!!! Love the pixelization of the facets!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to be delinquent on my own thread, I changed jobs and it had massively decreased by PS time.

Big thank yous to Akmiss, cushioncutnut, Kunzite, Charmy Poo, Mr. ma re, babysteps, Brandy, Cind11, Coati, Kribbie and princessplease!!!

MTG: It''s 6.1mm square. I think the physical limits on tourmaline crystals would make this impossible, but I''d love to have a MASSIVE one, like the size of my palm, to play with!

Cinnamon- Yours is really lovely, seeing the picture of yours was one of the reasons I got interested in the cut!

Chrono- Thanks, I wasn''t sure I could capture the differently colored axis very well. I think it has to make a difference in how many greens this stone shows.

Freke- I saw, I have to go drop by your thread! Pretty blues!

Tgal- It''s more like a LED matrix, it''s super bright in the right lighting

Kismet- Sure, if I get to see your new stones too!

Anndragon, Gene is the proprieter and cutter at presiciongems.com. Go look!

D&T: He does! Go look!

35.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 9:51:50 PM
Author: mercoledi
Thank you sonoma, Dayna, and packrat!

Icekid- it''s a neat cut, much more fun in person. My research led me to believe that Gene does this cut particularly well. Jeff Graham has a version that he named, but he''s out of my price range. Peter cuts based on Jeff''s maps though- try it out!

Mochi- Thanks, they really lost a lot in re-sizing, and nothing compare to this stone in motion.

Stone Hunter- Thank you, I saw your compliment in the other thread as well. I have a Canon A460 with a pretty sweet macro mode. Everything else is just luck! There''s a thread here somewhere with picture taking advice. I made a mini light box once, but haven''t broken it out for this stone, this one is about performance more than color.

Freke- Now I have to do something with them? Geeze, that makes it less fun. I don''t know, we''re still bonding... And you''re a wicked tease.
3.gif
How do you like that Zircon? I have two other little bits in the mail, but I wasn''t gonna bring it up...

TL- Thanks, I''m starting to get why you love tourms so much! What makes a green a minty green? To me, that would be more yellowish. Is there a ''breed standard'' for minty? I do have a blue/green problem though. I''ve recognized it and I think it''s time to branch out soon. Rick has a beautiful red spinel...

Thanks to all of you for making this a fun place to share!
It''s typically a very light bluish green, but some people consider light pure green or light yellowish greens to be minty. For me, and a gemologist also told me this, it should be light bluish green.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
LOL, I call these "digital" stones (don't know why, just seems fitting...). I love this cut Mercoledi! I have a minty green tourm (very light from some angles) in a similar cut from Gene and can't capture the cut for anything in pics. Your camera skills are amazing!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have read discussions of GGs in agreement that a mint should be a light toned green stone with a blue undertone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results