shape
carat
color
clarity

Square Halo- VC/SK/BE

Kodiak13

Rough_Rock
Hi all. Thanks for leading me to these fantastic artists! I have reached out to all 3 discussing hand forged halo's for the 2.02ct princess I recently purchased for the lady friend.

I want a perfectly square halo, very thin pave around the stone. I talked with VC regarding the Emilya and they can customize it to be a square halo. My first take was the Tiffany Soleste (single halo) so my vision is to blend that halo within the Emilya or a similar SK/BE setting minus the cathedral. I have not seen any true square halos made from either of these vendors which makes it even more exciting for me. SK did send a photo of some earrings where he did a really nice thin pave square halo which is attached, fyi mine wont be offset like the earrings shown. Soleste is shown as well.

Regarding the cathedral, do you guys think it would look better on a square halo if the cathedral was present (like the soleste) vs a non cathedral? (sorry dont know the setting terms yet). I'm leaning against it personally but would love to hear your opinions on the cathedral and square halo settings themselves.

VC & SK were very close on price while BE was significantly cheaper, all hand forged. Thanks in advance for your thoughts, opinions & advice!

sk_earrings-square_halo.jpg tiffany-soleste-princess-cut-32747272_3.jpg square_halo.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I beleive lemondrops had her 2 carat princess set by SK but I can't recall exactly. I'll try to find her posts!

Kodiak13

Rough_Rock
Thanks LaurenK, any visuals would help. Still torn on what would look better, cathedral or not, as the only square's I have seen is the Soleste.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the cathedral would be less snaggy. But I think that you can do a much lower cathedral from SK and allow for a flush fit straight band.

That's what I recommend.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only thing I'd change from lemondrop's design is the corners. I like the really sharp right angles of the Tiffany ring. So I'd specify that to Steven.

Kodiak13

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the insight, sorry for the late response. I had the chance to see the Soleste in person, square, and it really confirmed my original thoughts on the square and sharp corners. I love the look and the fact it's different than most the SK/VC halo's I have seen. Once I determine who I will be going with and the fab is complete I'll def post. Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results