shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my new Steven Kirsch reset

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Dear PS-ers,

I wanted to share my new reset made by the fabulous Steven Kirsch!!

Long story short, I purchased my original halo setting at a store in NYC's Diamond District. The setting was intended for a cushion cut but I had it custom-made to fit my square stone. Fast forward to a few weeks later when I picked up my ring, I noticed the melee on the halo was not flush against the stone and there was so much excess metal exposed. I left the store content but completely satisfied. I thought I was being overly critical and wanted to give myself a few days to see if my feelings would change... it didn't. :nono:

I researched halo rings on PS and contacted the experts, Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch, for quotes and feedback on how their handmade settings would compare to my cast setting. I chose Steven since he was local, fast to respond, and gave me the best turnaround time of 12 days - incredible!! I am so glad I chose him - not only is he skilled in his craft, he is a pleasure to work with. Throughout the process, he put my worries at ease and provided honest advice. When Steven presented me my reset 2 weeks later, my jaw literally dropped to the floor. It's not surprising how highly rated he is in the PS community due to his keen eye for detail and the level of his craftsmanship. :praise: :bigsmile:

I strongly recommend Steven Kirsch for custom settings, even his solitaire settings are TDF!! :lickout:

img_4058_1_.jpg

img_4069_1_.jpg

image_1_1.jpeg

image_1_1_0.jpeg

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Comparing the old setting vs new.. striking, isn't it? :o

photo__3_13.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! What a world of difference. Enjoy your reset!!!

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
Incredible setting! I love it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Woa you can really tell in that comparasion shot can't you!!!!! I love your new reset and think it looks magnificent!! Can we get a hand shot? :appl: :love: Steven is amazing and I'm so glad you went with him!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely gorgeous!

I really love his ring box too, nice touch!

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
As requested, here are some handshots!! ;))

_57.jpeg

_58.jpeg

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I love this! :love: And the prongs are SO MUCH BETTER compared to your other setting...that's one of the biggest improvements from what I can see (JMHO) :appl:

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your sweet words :love: I keep staring at it and cannot find any faults with this one.. I AM SO HAPPY!! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! So much more refined than the other setting! You did good!! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my! it is beautiful!!! YEs indeed, you can certainly see a dramatic difference between the original and the SK one - wow! Good call - far superior detailing and finishing on the SK one!

Its beautiful and looks GINORMOUS on you - enjoy!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crapola. That looks amazing!!! NO COMPARISON. NONE. Divine!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Nice. I even like the box. Classy blush colored.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Had to come back and say, my favorite thing about this is that the halo is so well shaped. Not overly pointy as some princess halos I have seen!! :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an improvement, that is absolutely stunning :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: I try to tell people here all the time not to waste money on a mediocre cast pave setting when they can spend a little more and get a work of art like this! It is SO worth it! The quality difference is very evident!

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!! More handshots please!!

imspecializd

Rough_Rock
Wow so beautiful!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Loooove the picture with you holding the mug!!! It's like bam!!! In yo face! I'm a huge diamond! Look! At! Me!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
BIG differrence! That is the nicest square halo I've ever seen. That handshot with the cup is particularly beautiful.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, the differences in the settings are so subtle and yet the finished rings have a totally different look! The new setting is perfect and refined and sexy and screaming to be drooled over!! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, I love the new halo. What size is your diamond if you don't mind me asking?

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
2.05ct, G, VS1 :tongue:

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Steven just sent me the video he made of my ring and I wanted to share with you all. I was lucky enough to have a quick tour of his workshop, his photoshoot setup is pretty impressive. He certainly is a man of many tricks, now I just need to find a new project for him... Hmm!! :praise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBjAhJ7IuU

Thanks so much Steven!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!! Wow - that just comes alive in that setting!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZA! :love: :love: :love:

What a transformation! Truly a stunning ring and it looks perfect on you! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, a picture really is worth a thousand words, especially in this case! My gosh, what a difference between those two settings. Absolutely beautiful and perfect, looks amazing on you! I love the pic with the mug too!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
The difference between the settings is very apparent. Steven did a beautiful job. Very stunning ring :love: :love: :love:
Looks amazing and Huge on you! Congratulations!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Here a question .. how much more do you love the new setting? Worth every cent?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results