shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my new Steven Kirsch reset

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
CharmyPoo: Hi dear! SK's setting was totally worth every cent. I only wish I found him sooner so I could've avoided all the disappointment and $$ spent on the first setting. Definitely learned my lesson.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely adore your new setting! I am always on the hunt for beautiful princess halos and this one tops my list! Are you planning on getting a matching band too? Was Steven's cost roughly the same as Victor's?

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Hi lizzyann! I already have my wedding band, a 15 pt eternity band. I will have to wear my wb and ering on separate hands as the wb overpowers my e-ring.. Maybe a thin pave band in the future as an anniversary ring? :wink2:

Are you looking into resetting your ring? I'll post up more hand shots soon :)) And I'll post SK's princess cut yellow diamond halo which pretty much sealed the deal. Stay tuned!! :bigsmile:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Lemondrops, yes please post as many pics as possible! Yes, I have been thinking about resetting for a LONG while. My princess is 1.51 carat, I VS2. I'm a little afraid of a halo showing body color in my I stone, but hopefully it won't be that noticeable. It's not that I don't like my current setting, it's just well I kind of want something different now. It will be my 10 year anniversary this year so I am thinking this might be the time to do it! Would you mind posting a pic with your wedding band just to see?! I'd love to see it!

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Steven Kirsch's gorgeous yellow diamond halo ring.. OMG I DIE!! :twirl:

_dsc0014.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:shock: :love: :shock:

well that's just a lovely piece of sunny yellow goodness, isn't it?

WOW!! Gorgeous!! Is that your's too, lemondrop?? or was that your inspirational piece? I'm loving that - its incredible!!

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Thanks Enerchi, isn't she a beauty? I WISH she was mine... it was an inspirational piece - I was going to to go with this setting, but Steven and I decided to go with the simple single halo. Hopefully I will own a sunny piece of my own... one day... :love:

Here are some pics, lizzyann!! Apologies for the redness on my hand, I accidentally slammed the door on my hand today.. clumsy me ;(

image_9.jpeg

image_10.jpeg

image_11.jpeg

image_12.jpeg

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
More pictures!! :bigsmile:

image_13.jpeg

_60.jpeg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
You take such beautiful pictures Lemon! And your hands are so dainty! What finger size are you??!! Love the yellow princess too!!! Did you end up meeting with Steven in person or did you do work out all the details via phone/email? I've received a quote from Victor who was so personable and quick to respond, but I worry as he is on the west coast and I am on the east, you know? I think I'd rather be able to go into NYC and meet with Steven in person to discuss. Plus, Victor was a little over budget, so I put the project on hold until I knew for sure what I wanted and that I was ready to invest in a more pricey reset.

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
lizzyann: Thanks, I owe it all to the fancy iPhone apps available haha :tongue: My ring is a size 4 but it's a bit loose right now due to the cold weather. I totally understand where you are coming from, I wasn't comfortable with the thought of shipping my stone all the way to Cali. I was able to meet Steven in person and visited him many times during this process. He is such a sweetheart and I have nothing but good things to say about him, you should definitely stop by his office if you can to see his rings in person!! Steven's quote was a bit under Victor's and he gave me the best timeline, so it was a win-win for me. You're a smart cookie for waiting to find the perfect setting, I would definitely invest in a $4-5K custom setting that I am completely happy with rather than spend $1-2K for a mediocre ring that PALES in comparison (my mistake :nono: ). Let me know if you need any more pictures to help with your decision!! ;))

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
By the way, lizzyann, I've been meaning to tell you that your ring in your avatar is absolutely STUNNING and HUGE!! If not a halo, I would've gone for the baguettes, I think they are so timeless and classy!! :love:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Lemon, thanks so much! My finger size is 5, I am so jealous of your size 4! There really is nothing wrong with my current setting, I've just been yearning for a halo for a long time. Every year I say to myself.."if I still want a halo next year then I know it is something I really want not just an impulsive change" But every year, I seem to talk myself out of it even though I love a halo. Do you have a handshot of the profile of your new ring without the wedding band? My inspirational ring has more of a cathedral profile, but yours has me rethinking it. If it is ok with you, I will post a pic of my inspirational ring. But no worries, if you'd rather me post it in another thread.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love love LOVE your hand shots, lemondrops!! Gorgeous eternity band, too!! Your ring looks ginormous on you! What a dream to have tiny fingers... typed by an almost size 8 pair of mitts!.... grrr...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am glad to hear. Often, people say that only picky people notice and no one else does. I am glad you saw a huge difference. I was at a jewelry store today and they were trying to convince me to do custom work there. I said I was picky and needed to inspect - the work was good but not great ... also not worth $7000 for a plain pave setting in WG!!

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Many thanks ladies!! lizzyann: my two cents - the halo really makes my ring POP, and I love that it helps my DSS. I would love to see your inspirational setting regardless of where it is posted!! Looking forward to it ::) enerchi: I love the side profile and coverage of your 3-stone.. it would definitely require 2+ of my fingers to get the same coverage, LOL!! :love:

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Two more!!

image_14.jpeg

_62.jpeg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
And it just keeps getting better and better!!! There's yet another show stopper on your wrist now!! Lemondrops - you are DRIPPING in sparkles now!

8-) :sun: 8-)

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
CharmyPoo|1361676905|3389013 said:
I am glad to hear. Often, people say that only picky people notice and no one else does. I am glad you saw a huge difference. I was at a jewelry store today and they were trying to convince me to do custom work there. I said I was picky and needed to inspect - the work was good but not great ... also not worth $7000 for a plain pave setting in WG!!

I think everyone becomes picky with their ring after staring at it everyday, not to say it's a bad thing. You're way too smart and savvy to know when you're given a bad deal, CharmyPoo!! $7K is ridiculous for WG!! :angryfire:

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Enerchi|1361677916|3389027 said:
And it just keeps getting better and better!!! There's yet another show stopper on your wrist now!! Lemondrops - you are DRIPPING in sparkles now!

8-) :sun: 8-)

Thank youuuu!!! I hope to grow and share my collection like many of the PS-ers here :love:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for letting me post these pics in your thread Lemon! The pave is bright cut and the profile is more cathedral. When you went to see Steven did he have different styles to try on at all?

30ashleesimpsonring2.jpg

ashleesimpson_weddingring2.png

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I love the bracelet too! What's next on your bling purchase list??!!

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Oooh!! Oh my, lizzyann, this setting and wb combo is absolutely stunning, I see why you're loving this!! I don't recall if I saw a cathedral setting at Steven's but you should definitely reach out asking if he's worked on any to send you some pictures!! And if he has any, please share :love:

Next bling purchase will be a pair of earrings..... You??? :naughty:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love all the new pics especially the ones with the blue background. Very artistic.

I can't remember who asked but Steven is really easy to work with in person too. I drop by without much notice to bounce ideas off him. He is a real sweetheart.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
lemondrops, glad you like the set! I've had it saved in my favorites for a looong while! A couple of things on my list of wants are a reset, diamond huggies, and converting my three stone ring into an eternity! What kind of diamond earrings are you looking at getting? I just bought studs this year and I am loving them!

Charmy, good to know about Steven. Does he have many pieces on hand in his office or only items he is working on?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1361759675|3389583 said:
Charmy, good to know about Steven. Does he have many pieces on hand in his office or only items he is working on?

Sorry to thread check. He has a few pieces in .. the ones he is working on, pieces customers haven't picked up, sample pieces (ex. a halo he made for Frankie before). He keeps them in his safe. He usually wouldn't show other customer's pieces though but sometimes he gets really excited and shares.

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
lizzyann - I will be anxiously waiting for your reset when you decide on your perfect setting :wink2: Diamond huggies are on the list for me as well, but I'm currently on the hunt for a simple pair of drop earrings!!

Thanks for replying Charmy!! Steven has a few samples and may share his current projects but I would email him to see if he can send you pictures on similar settings he's worked on in the past.

I stopped by his office today to pick up my old setting which he generously set with a cushion cut blue stone and to get my ring cleaned :bigsmile: We had some fun and took some pictures in his workshop:

Until next time!! :wavey:

img_4118.jpg

img_4119.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Lemondrops - I'm hoping you may stumble across this post after a year or so, I'd love to pick your brains so to speak re your SK setting. If you see this and have time for a few questions please let me know.
Lauren :)

Diamond_Bride

Rough_Rock
Lemondrops - your ring is stunning! I have been long debating what to do with my princess cut and I think your ring may have just sealed the deal for me. :love:
Can I ask, what size is your centre?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW! :love:

cheers--Sharon

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
Apologies as I haven't been checking this board often!!

@laurenk - sure feel free to email me, lemondrops4679@yahoo
@diamondbride - it's a little over 2 ct center stone
@canuk-gal - thanks so much for the love :love:

Update on my journey.. Hubby and I are looking to upgrade soon to celebrate our anniversary (Thank you, husband!). Any recommendations on what to do with the current stone and setting? Whether it's to trade, sell, consign, other options? Ideally we would like for the funds to go towards the next ring! Many thanks in advance :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results