shape
carat
color
clarity

Square-Cut Emerald Trilogy Ring

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Greetings, everyone! @DauphineMucha asked for some additional photos of one of my emerald rings. I am grateful to her for asking, and tremendously honoured that people would want to see more photos of my rings. My emerald pretties are amongst my very favourite pieces and it's lovely to have a place to swap jewelry photos and talk about bling :) I considered adding the photos to the other ring thread, but my square-cut ring is stately and deserves its own thread. My sincere gratitude to you all for accommodating my whimsy :)

6.jpg

The ring is made of 14k white gold. The emerald is approximately 2 carats and is a wonderful blueish-green colour. It is not the nicest emerald in that it has small black specks (visible in some of the photos), but they're few in number and the stone is otherwise wonderfully translucent. The glow is otherworldly and I really love the blue hue. It's an amazing stone and the reason why I fell in love with this ring. The emerald's pavilion has a really unusual shape, with one side slanting much farther than the other. The last photo in the thread, with the ring lying flat on its side, shows this.

I don't recall the exact carat weight or colour of the two trillion-cut diamonds - how remiss of me! - but it's somewhere around 1.5 carats and E-F. They're on the cloudy side but there is still a decent amount of sparkle there.

I wish I knew more about the ring's history but that remains a mystery. I am guessing it dates to 1960 or later, probably circa 1980-2000, based on the modernistic design; it was around the 1960s when the "square stone with trillion side stones" design became a mainstream thing, but who knows? Part of the fun of owning it is picturing the myriad people who could have, and may have, owned the ring before I did.

Here is the ring next to my other emerald ring, my two favourites:

21.jpg

I wore the square-cut emerald constantly until the cluster ring entered my orbit, at which point, I'm sorry to say, the square-cut emerald was relegated to occasional right-hand wear. It deserves better and I am making an effort to wear it more.

3.jpg 4.jpg 7.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg

I think the gallery is particularly interesting. It's quite intricate and appears to have been made by hand, as it isn't perfectly symmetrical. The inner parts of the gallery are polished rather than being left rough. I know these aren't the only signs that something was made by hand, but there is a lot of detailing and it doesn't have the look-and-feel of mass-produced jewelry. Who knows for sure, though.

1.jpg 8.jpg

Thank you all for viewing my rings!! I cannot express how honoured I am to be asked to post photos. My sincere gratitude. <3

Last edited:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I like the classic setting and design of this one too.

Does this emerald show more sheen than your other one, because of the deeper color? I love how emerald preforms under low light settings.

Enjoy!

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
:appl:Love emerald cut emerald!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
I like the classic setting and design of this one too.

Does this emerald show more sheen than your other one, because of the deeper color? I love how emerald preforms under low light settings.

Enjoy!

What does 'sheen' mean in this context? :)

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I love them both! They are both such different rings with different personalities and you can wear them depending on how you feel! I am thinking about getting another emerald ring now lol you have inspired me!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does indeed have a very grand feeling about it! I can imagine it residing in the Aristocracy somewhere!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Such a pretty ring! Glad you made a separate thread for it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both. Emeraldlicious. Who said being green isn’t easy? Not only is it easy to look at and easy to wear it’s also simply gorgeous. ❤️

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I super super dig the gallery, thanks for showing that!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
you take the best pictures, of all the angles we want to see!!! thank you for sharing another meaningful ring! i do love a classic 3 stone color color gemmy ring. BUT my all time FAVORITE is your incredible cluster!!!!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
I love them both! They are both such different rings with different personalities and you can wear them depending on how you feel! I am thinking about getting another emerald ring now lol you have inspired me!

Yay!!! Do it, get another emerald ring!! Emeralds rule! :D And when you do, come here and post pictures!!!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
It does indeed have a very grand feeling about it! I can imagine it residing in the Aristocracy somewhere!

Why, thank you!! I must confess, I do feel kind of posh when I wear it, lol. ;-) I hope I measure up! Emeralds are so stately and they demand the personality to match. I don't know if I'd call myself 'stately,' but I do so love this piece!!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Such a pretty ring! Glad you made a separate thread for it!

Thank you for saying so! I was worried about over-saturating the forum. Glad I haven't overstayed my welcome!!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
I love them both. Emeraldlicious. Who said being green isn’t easy? Not only is it easy to look at and easy to wear it’s also simply gorgeous. ❤

Your post made me laugh! I shall go to great lengths to incorporate "emeraldlicious" into my conversation :D That word is just too good, so expressive and evocative.

Thank you for your compliments! Because of my injury, I haven't had much fun in life for the past two years, to be honest, and being able to share my jewelry with people here is a huge, huge bright spot. <3

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I super super dig the gallery, thanks for showing that!

:D I'm so glad you like it! It is quite unusual and intricate and gives the ring a great deal of character. When I wear this particular ring, I wind up taking it off quite a lot and just looking at the gallery. Super cool and fun imagining how they put it all together. As I mentioned in the OP, it isn't perfectly symmetrical, and that adds to the ring's charm :)

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
you take the best pictures, of all the angles we want to see!!! thank you for sharing another meaningful ring! i do love a classic 3 stone color color gemmy ring. BUT my all time FAVORITE is your incredible cluster!!!!

Aww, thank you!! I do my sincere best, as I try to imagine I'm new to the ring and ask myself what other people would like to see. I often produce blurry shots despite my best efforts, lol. I am deeply honoured and flattered that you like my cluster ring so much. It is definitely my absolute favourite piece, hands down. You made my day with this comment :)

I doubt I'm the first to mention this, but wouldn't it be amazing if there were local meet-ups where we could try on each other's jewelry!! :kiss2:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Had been busy for 2 last days, didn't read all the wonderful comments. I see this ring as being more solemn and serious, as well as formal. This beautiful deep green/blue emerald is without any doubt His Majesty on your hand. There is nothing one can do but pay him a deep respect. Love all your jewelry pieces, each one has a character as well as a story to tell (being dreamed or imagined).

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Had been busy for 2 last days, didn't read all the wonderful comments. I see this ring as being more solemn and serious, as well as formal. This beautiful deep green/blue emerald is without any doubt His Majesty on your hand. There is nothing one can do but pay him a deep respect. Love all your jewelry pieces, each one has a character as well as a story to tell (being dreamed or imagined).

My word, but what a thought-provoking comment! There is indeed something very elegant about this ring and its design. I feel incredibly lucky to own these pieces. I waited for over a decade for them and I treasure them. I really appreciate your insight.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Why, thank you!! I must confess, I do feel kind of posh when I wear it, lol. ;-) I hope I measure up! Emeralds are so stately and they demand the personality to match. I don't know if I'd call myself 'stately,' but I do so love this piece!!

Thank you so much for sharing. Your photos are great and almost make us feel like we are in a PS meetup trying on each other’s bling!
Get better soon!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thank you!! I do my sincere best, as I try to imagine I'm new to the ring and ask myself what other people would like to see. I often produce blurry shots despite my best efforts, lol. I am deeply honoured and flattered that you like my cluster ring so much. It is definitely my absolute favourite piece, hands down. You made my day with this comment :)

I doubt I'm the first to mention this, but wouldn't it be amazing if there were local meet-ups where we could try on each other's jewelry!! :kiss2:

yes, would be so so so fun and the absolute best time, to meet up and get together!! we are scattered throughout the world ... for now the forum, is where we congregate

when the world is right again, would be really lovely to get together in person

until then, hang in there. and hoping your discomfort improves each day as you move towards healing ...

huge enormous {{hugs}}}

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results