shape
carat
color
clarity

Square Brilliant Engagement Ring from Eternity Diamonds

keithsnatch

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers,

I haven't been on the forums here in a while, but I thought it was about time I told my story. Almost a year ago, I proposed to my longtime girlfriend. Getting a ring wouldn't have been possible without Pricescope, so I'd like to thank all the members for taking time and effort to ask questions-- and of course the industry people and experts for taking the time to give thoughtful answers. It helped me out tremendously, and here's what I have to show for it.

For the sake of brevity, I came to this site with no knowledge of diamonds / settings whatsoever. I studied up using the resources here, and eventually gained the confidence to start contacting vendors about their diamonds. I wanted to get my fiance something unique, so I decided to go with as square a brilliant cut as I could find while staying within my ideal specs and budget. After checking out a few in person in the local diamond district (Philly), I took to the internet and eventually got in touch with Yoni at Eternity Diamonds. With his help, here is what I eventually purchased:

Cut: Cut-Cornered Square Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 5.81 x 5.79 x 3.99 mm
WeightL 1.06 carat
Depth: 68.9%
Table: 69%
Crown Height: 9.8%
Clarity: VS1
Color: H

You wouldn't believe the fire in this thing. I've included a few, but pictures don't do it justice.

Anyway, here's where Yoni shines. My fiance's sister got engaged a few months before I started on the ring, so I found out quickly that she adored halo settings. I inquired about his custom work, and he guaranteed that I would be impressed with his shop's abilities. I must have sent the man 50 emails in the first two weeks with ideas about the design, but he patiently answered my questions and always offered his professional expertise. From the start, I was going for a platinum legacy-inspired, bezel set Halo with an engraved Euro-shank. Over the course of two months, Yoni made it all happen. He sent me CADs, kept me updated, and was always available to talk by email or on the phone. Here's the end result, and I hope you all like it as much as I do. And please feel free to ask any questions, I'd be happy to answer if I can.

2011-05-11%2017.56.57_0.jpg
Annabelle Dando Photography
ADP-88r.jpg
ADP-84r.jpg
ADP-86r.jpg

Another quick thank you-- prior to being set, Yoni sent me my diamond so I could have it appraised at Accredited Gem Appraisers here in Philadelphia. Anyone who has ever dealt with Chris DiCamillo knows what a great person he is, and I would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone considering his shop for an appraisal.

-Keith

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! What a beautiful ring. Congratulations!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice! Love the antique feel that your ring shows - and the sq. brilliant diamond is beautiful in that setting! How perfect you had such a great 'heads up' to select the perfect ring for your fiance!

Congratulations on your engagement! Any hand shots to share???

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring!! I love it!

cavluv

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful!! I love the shape, and it definitely adds a unique touch to the legacy-type setting. Congratulations, and very well done!! :appl:

keithsnatch

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

I do have a hand shot, but its from a bit of a distance. She definitely took a closer one a while back, and I'll make sure to post it as soon as I track it down.

DSC_0181.jpg

Also, I believe she's around a size 5.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Love the engraving on the shank! Congrats

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
beautiful ring. congratulations :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Congrats! The ring is beautiful and you guys look so cute together!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats! :appl: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! Congrats on your engagement and please come back and post a handshot if you can!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning unique, ring!! I LOVE the engraving :love: :love: :cheeky: :love: :love:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring!! I love the stone, the bezel set halo, and the engraving. Well done all around!!!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Love it, and even from a distance it still has great hand presence :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! You did a wonderful job!!! I love the engraving, it is a nice touch and makes your ring really special! Can't wait to see more pics!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto!!!!! :appl:

chloecro

Rough_Rock
That's beautiful. Congratulations.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's gorgeous!!! I really love it - and it shows up so beautifully even from a distance - you did a wonderful job!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! That's where my engagement is from. They do a wonderful job :love: . Congrats to you both!

jtallent

Rough_Rock
Absolutely beautiful - job well done on the custom setting! I have a quick question for you. I'm currently looking at having a custom setting made with a similar vintage engraved band and love the detail in the band that you had made. I'm trying to get a little more inspiration and was wondering if you happen to have any pictures of the side/band that show off the engraving more? Even from these pictures it looks gorgeous but I would love to see the detail on the band a little more since your pictures show off the halo and diamond more.

On another unrelated note, thanks for the recommendation on an appraiser in Philly. I live across the river in NJ, but have done most of my preliminary browsing in a few stores on Jewelers row in Philly and might want to have the ring ultimately appraised there.

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results