shape
carat
color
clarity

Spring 2007 Must Haves!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
So what''s on everyone''s list for this season? FTV is showing the new season''s collections and I''m sure we''ve all been looking in the fashion magazines............

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
ooh.. .mine would be the New Ireland Espedrille from Coach.. in gunmetal!!! Only three weeks until I can buy those bad boys... my toes are just itchin to put them on!!!

Q162_d2.jpg

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Have also been looking at the Pantone Spring 2007 colour report which details what colours the various designers showed. Some really pretty colours in there! Will just see how these filter down to the high street?

shopbop also has some trend reports for the new season, but many of these won''t translate well to the middle east where things tend to be more conservative.

I''ve been looking through the jeans thread and there are so many good suggestions in there I''m on the hunt for the perfect pair of jeans to look good with a crisp fitted shirt AND something cute for an evening out!! Hmmm - the holy grail??

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Oops duplicate post

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
So, what are the colors for spring 07? I haven''t seen much yet. It''s hard to think about spring clothes when my area got 3" of snow in 15 minutes this morning. I can''t even see the building across the alley because the snow is coming down so hard.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, i can''t wait for cute spring stuff. i feel like i''ve been in a clothing rut. i need some INSPIRATION!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can't even think about spring til spring...i'm on a shopping ban. but i definitely know i want some espadrille wedges and some regular wedges.

oh and is it just me or is the jcrew and banana collections for pre-spring so blah?? i looked through there a week or two ago and was like all this stuff is boring boring boring. so maybe i'll just wait til summer when all the wild colors come out and fun prints.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol okay so now i can''t stop thinking about spring...esp since it''s been gloomy and rainy most of this week here! my daffodils are coming up though.

does anyone know what is supposed to be popular this spring/summer for styles? anything new?

i know wedges are still hot, and bermudas and cropped shorts, and flowing babydollish tanks and tops, but what else? most of this is carryover from last year.

i read in one mag that the skinny/straight denim/pant thing is mostly out and they are going to huge trouser legs now. but i haven''t seen too much yet out there to corroborate or deny that.

american eagle has super cute casual shorts out...i can''t wait to get some new shorts this season. and they are cheap too, bonus!! i already have like nine hundred million tank tops so i don''t need any more of those ''basics''. VS has some cute skimpy-ish stuff too as usual oh and they had some super cool looking 3 in 1 cargo pants i was tempted to get and check out. i love cargo pants in the summer that can be cuffed or rolled or tied up.

and i have been eyeing bikinis on bluefly...they have some super cute stuff (like 20 pages of bikinis!). oh and bluefly has charlotte pants too, so if anyone wants to stock up before they hit at retail price for spring, check them out, they had their short shorts and also the bermudas. but i bought a bunch last year so i don''t really need anymore (though that reminds me i wanted to make sure they still fit me since i had lost weight since last summer).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought a bunch of the Tory Burch Reva ballet flats...and I am really into some of the pretty tunics. I got a couple in terry to wear over swim suits, they are longer, and then I got some pretty ones to wear with longer shorts and with jeans or white pants...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 8:12:12 AM
Author: Jaders731
ooh.. .mine would be the New Ireland Espedrille from Coach.. in gunmetal!!! Only three weeks until I can buy those bad boys... my toes are just itchin to put them on!!!
I love these!!! I am really dying for some cute espadrilles. Yesterday at my 11 yr. old''s basketball game a lady walked by wearing some cute ones. I guess I had lock in on them because my 12 year old said, "oooooohhhhhhhh shoooooooooes." imitating me.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I just bought the Lonnie Ballet Flats from Coach is Black. The best $148 I have ever spent!

As for Spring/Summer, I am not going to buy much until May when I leave Philly and move back to sunny Orange County, CA. I am sure any outfit will look cute when I get my new little puppy (my parents are buying it for me for graduation!)...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 3:21:19 PM
Author: UCLABelle
I just bought the Lonnie Ballet Flats from Coach is Black. The best $148 I have ever spent!

As for Spring/Summer, I am not going to buy much until May when I leave Philly and move back to sunny Orange County, CA. I am sure any outfit will look cute when I get my new little puppy (my parents are buying it for me for graduation!)...
When you move out here I''ve got to see that ring!!!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 12:22:17 PM
Author: Mara
i read in one mag that the skinny/straight denim/pant thing is mostly out and they are going to huge trouser legs now. but i haven''t seen too much yet out there to corroborate or deny that.
Interesting, in 3 fashion mags I get, they all say the real skinny, cigarette pants are in. I sure hope so cause I love the skinny pant look and want to get a few pairs for spring.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, I keep seeing red shoes, every where.
I caved in and bought red S Weitzman pumps
and black patent S Weitzman peep toe pumps.

also have bought 3 shortish cropped cotton jackets

looking for flats, (DF, I like those Tory Burch ones, saw ''em at Saks)

also looking for a mid size straw tote. Michael Kors had one
at Nordstroms, but it is already sold out in the blk trim and it is no where on the net to be found.

and I bought a blk and wht, zebra stripe cotton topper coat, 3/4 length

also bought a blk and white silk evening blazer/jacket

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE FEB 2007 LUCKY MAG????? My MIL gave it to me and there is a gold asian bird necklace on page 140 or something...I tore it out and lost it....That''s my must have! If someone has it, can you give me the web site? Or I''ll just go get another copy...thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah i don''t know jazmine...that''s just what i read! i can''t even remember where. i don''t wear the super skinny pants (soo unflattering since i have a pair of hips too!) but i did like the straight version of the skinnier jeans. but i still love my slight flares too...they are soo flattering. i''m glad they aren''t ''out'' or anything crazy, hehe. i hope anyway!!

also yes on the red pumps, they are everywhere!! i have been eyeing some red patent leather wedges here and there on websites but haven''t narrowed it down yet on what i really want. but i do want some red wedges or platforms or similar to go with jeans and black tops etc.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been seeing a huge amount of polka dot this year. I just bought a polka dot dress for work... very cute!

*M*

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Ann -- you mentioned cropped cotton jackets. Any recommendations on places to look for similar pieces? I''ve looked through Nordstrom''s site, but didn''t see anything that I love.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was just in jcrew yesterday and they had a ton of cotton cropped jackets. however for me typically their stuff is not as fitted as i like it to be so i don''t buy their jackets. but i remember thinking ''oh those cotton cropped jackets are cute'' lol. also i just tried on the cutest cropped cord belted jacket at the BCBG outlet over in this mall near us that is all outlets...super cute and it was like $40 marked down from $189 originally. but it just didn''t look right on me. maybe it was what i was wearing at the time, aka i think it needs a longer tunic under it than my sweater i had on but i thought mmm this looks a little weird. but super cute on the hanger and the style was adorable, if it was just a bit longer i would have snapped it up in a second.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
DH just gave me a cute jacket from jcrew for V-day (early). I had circled it in the catalog and apparently he was paying attention! :)

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Sharon: Love that Etro dress. I have just discovered Etro stuff. Luckily for my bank account, the two blouses I love are too long in the sleeves and I don''t want to alter an $800 blouse.
They have another dress at NM that is really cute but I just wouldn''t get enough wear to spend that kind of money right now.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I am not too much on trendy. I just go looking and buy what I like....and more importantly what looks good. Many things are tightly fitted and with a little baby tummy, I just don''t feel comfortable wearing really fitted stuff. I am going to buy a Balenciaga white city so I want to be able to wear that. I have a pair of dior shoes picked out to go with it and I need some nice white pants. I am trying to work around that. I have bought two pairs so far, one long pair of Theory ones and a cropped pair. I still have to decide which to keep. I usually don''t look that good in cropped pants but because these ones are pretty tightly fitted and not wide at the bottom, they fit me and look pretty good. I just plan to dress it up with a nice sweater or top.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
BCBG is one of my favorite stores and they are starting to get their spring stuff in. there is this darling white sundress, capped sleaves, kinda lacey but in a trending way and I think it would look so cute with brown cowboy boots or even flip flops to dress it down. That''s first on my list to get..

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 8:05:37 PM
Author: Ann
Gosh, I keep seeing red shoes, every where.
I caved in and bought red S Weitzman pumps
and black patent S Weitzman peep toe pumps.

also have bought 3 shortish cropped cotton jackets

looking for flats, (DF, I like those Tory Burch ones, saw ''em at Saks)

also looking for a mid size straw tote. Michael Kors had one
at Nordstroms, but it is already sold out in the blk trim and it is no where on the net to be found.

and I bought a blk and wht, zebra stripe cotton topper coat, 3/4 length

also bought a blk and white silk evening blazer/jacket
Did you check the Michael Kors website for the tote? I tend to be able to find things there once they''ve gone MIA from stores.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2007 2:38:00 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
Sharon: Love that Etro dress. I have just discovered Etro stuff. Luckily for my bank account, the two blouses I love are too long in the sleeves and I don''t want to alter an $800 blouse.
They have another dress at NM that is really cute but I just wouldn''t get enough wear to spend that kind of money right now.
HI:

Allisonfaye: Etro has such cool prints and well made clothing that it is hard not to love it. Holt Renfrew has the dress--but it is mid-thigh, and I''m thinking at 46 maybe that is just "pushing" it a bit. But I love yellow and the neckline was otherwise perfect for me.
I really wanted the Burburry babydoll silk number- but Holt''s is not getting that one so I''d have to buy it online, and I dunno about sizing, etc, etc.....boohoo

cheers--Sharon

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Short seems to be in - I''ve seen so many babydoll length dresses! Unfortunately when you have a bust, these just make you look round all over...
14.gif

Silver / pewter also seems to be popular for shoes. Wondering about a pair of birkenstocks in silver (probably gizah) as it''s sandal weather here already.

I''m still seeing a hint of 1950''s with fitted tops, capri pants / pedal pushers and fuller skirts - or maybe this is wishful thinking as I suit fitted things more!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
short is definitely the thing...also i am seeing the cutest short shorts with little babydoll tanks over them kinda thing with tall wedge heels, can''t wait til it''s warm enough to wear that look!! i spent some time yesterday on nordies site looking at the new shoes...also at the instyle.com shoe guide etc. now that i am thinner, i am SO looking fwd to wearing the cute spring and summer clothes. not that i looked bad before but when you have the figure to wear more of what is out there, it seems like so much more fun to shop. i bought so many clothes last fall because of that. so i am trying to be good for spring so far and wait til more things come out because last year i bought all this new early fall stuff then it wasn''t cool enough to wear it around here for like 2 more months and then there were true fall/winter items out i wanted AS WELL. so i am just trying to make a little list of what i definitely want to get aka which general pieces then when it''s time to shop i can go and find the right one or two items for each. but i LOVE looking at the shoes online. mega drool.

does anyone else hate how most of the wedges out there are like 4" tall??? i can''t wear anything over 3" comfortably, my feet and legs just does not handle it very well and i end up tottering around...but 2.5"-3" is my sweet spot so i am bookmarking any cute shoes that i find that are in that range for wedges. but some super cute ones are 4" and i just can''t do it!

oh and re: the jean thing, apparently it''s still straight/skinny but now some have ZIPPERS on them (omg high school reminiscent!!) and also VERY wide legged is in, aka trouser style. so it''s straight/skinny or super wide legged trouser. i''m not a real huge fan of either, i still love my bootcut-ish flares which are always the most flattering but i do want another pair of straight jeans to wear, my COH Ava''s are awesome but i wouldn''t mind finding another pair i like. i don''t know about the super wide leg trousers, but i did get a pair of really cute trouser jeans at Loehmanns this fall and they are kind of wide legged...so i think that they can pass for what is out there right now without having to get too crazy on the super wide leg.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 3:26:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo
BCBG is one of my favorite stores and they are starting to get their spring stuff in. there is this darling white sundress, capped sleaves, kinda lacey but in a trending way and I think it would look so cute with brown cowboy boots or even flip flops to dress it down. That's first on my list to get..
that sounds so cute mrs salvo. i LOVE bcbg...they have a ton of cute stuff...and their items fit me really well. bluefly has a few great dresses that i am coveting for my friend's wedding in june. but i tend to wait for their sales which happen in the middle of the season around here so it's a GREAT time to get things that you liked earlier on but didn't want to pay full price for. also they have an outlet near me and the prices on stuff there is insane. i was there last week (but i only had 10 minutes so i didn't get to really shop, i was so bummed!) and i posted about the jacket i tried on..so cheap!! and they had the cutest babydoll kinda spaghetti tanks from last season i think...aka typically about $90 to start and marked down to $19!! i really want to go back soon, ooh i have monday off maybe then is a good time. hehe. also previously a few years ago, i got a fab pair of high red strappy heels for our engagement party that were like $30 and typically about $150 or something. def awesome if you can find an outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results