shape
carat
color
clarity

Spring 2007 Must Haves!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 12:06:30 PM
Author: Mara
short is definitely the thing...also i am seeing the cutest short shorts with little babydoll tanks over them kinda thing with tall wedge heels, can''t wait til it''s warm enough to wear that look!! i spent some time yesterday on nordies site looking at the new shoes...also at the instyle.com shoe guide etc. now that i am thinner, i am SO looking fwd to wearing the cute spring and summer clothes. not that i looked bad before but when you have the figure to wear more of what is out there, it seems like so much more fun to shop. i bought so many clothes last fall because of that. so i am trying to be good for spring so far and wait til more things come out because last year i bought all this new early fall stuff then it wasn''t cool enough to wear it around here for like 2 more months and then there were true fall/winter items out i wanted AS WELL. so i am just trying to make a little list of what i definitely want to get aka which general pieces then when it''s time to shop i can go and find the right one or two items for each. but i LOVE looking at the shoes online. mega drool.

does anyone else hate how most of the wedges out there are like 4'' tall??? i can''t wear anything over 3'' comfortably, my feet and legs just does not handle it very well and i end up tottering around...but 2.5''-3'' is my sweet spot so i am bookmarking any cute shoes that i find that are in that range for wedges. but some super cute ones are 4'' and i just can''t do it!

oh and re: the jean thing, apparently it''s still straight/skinny but now some have ZIPPERS on them (omg high school reminiscent!!) and also VERY wide legged is in, aka trouser style. so it''s straight/skinny or super wide legged trouser. i''m not a real huge fan of either, i still love my bootcut-ish flares which are always the most flattering but i do want another pair of straight jeans to wear, my COH Ava''s are awesome but i wouldn''t mind finding another pair i like. i don''t know about the super wide leg trousers, but i did get a pair of really cute trouser jeans at Loehmanns this fall and they are kind of wide legged...so i think that they can pass for what is out there right now without having to get too crazy on the super wide leg.
OMG
23.gif
!!!! I cracked up when I read that. Are the zippers on the inside of the ankle or the outside? I''ve seen them looking fresh with the zipper inside, but, not yet on the outside ala Guess!!!! Can''t wait for the triangle logo to come back! I had every color of Guess jeans in high school! I wonder how long this fad will last. I don''t think women will be giving up the boot cuts anytime soon...They are just toooooo flattering on most everyone.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 12:09:47 PM

they have an outlet near me and the prices on stuff there is insane. i was there last week (but i only had 10 minutes so i didn''t get to really shop, i was so bummed!) and i posted about the jacket i tried on..so cheap!! and they had the cutest babydoll kinda spaghetti tanks from last season i think...aka typically about $90 to start and marked down to $19!! i really want to go back soon, ooh i have monday off maybe then is a good time. hehe. also previously a few years ago, i got a fab pair of high red strappy heels for our engagement party that were like $30 and typically about $150 or something. def awesome if you can find an outlet.

I''m so jealous you live near an outlet. I would go nuts for sure. i love how their stuff fits me too. I think the closest outlet to me is 11 hours away in orlando. We might be heading back there next month and i''m going to have to put it on our must do list.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ya, I saw several styles of jeans with ankle zippers and I thought, Ok, but no way for me. Yet, I love the same era babydolls style tops and dresses--great for my body type. But no short shorts for me--but that''s OK since i have always preferred/worn Bermuda length anyway.

The wedges I bought last year from Guess have metallic in them and got very little wear, so I''ll be able to use them again this year--total bonus. I wanted those gorgeous red Prada Patton flats, but I have a high arch and flats are frequently tough for me to wear.....

Gosh, this might be a cheap Spring for me!

cheers--Sharon

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 5:08:01 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 2/15/2007 2:38:00 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
Sharon: Love that Etro dress. I have just discovered Etro stuff. Luckily for my bank account, the two blouses I love are too long in the sleeves and I don''t want to alter an $800 blouse.
They have another dress at NM that is really cute but I just wouldn''t get enough wear to spend that kind of money right now.
HI:

Allisonfaye: Etro has such cool prints and well made clothing that it is hard not to love it. Holt Renfrew has the dress--but it is mid-thigh, and I''m thinking at 46 maybe that is just ''pushing'' it a bit. But I love yellow and the neckline was otherwise perfect for me.
I really wanted the Burburry babydoll silk number- but Holt''s is not getting that one so I''d have to buy it online, and I dunno about sizing, etc, etc.....boohoo

cheers--Sharon

Yeah, I am 43 so I hear ya. But they have a few other pieces using that same beautiful fabric...they have some tops and a longer dress. I think you might see a photo in the Neiman Marcus or the Saks Fifth Avenue catalogue. I will see if I can find them. Is Holt Renfrow in the UK?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sweet finds AF, and no I hadn''t seen those before. Actually there was a cute dress on a mannequin at Holts, but I didn''t have time to wait while they dismantled it so I coulde try it on--but it was a blue print like the first one you posted. Anyway, Holt Renfrew (Canadian chain) was just getting in their stock, so perhaps something might appear that is suitable for me. Also, Holts has their "shopping" nights where they offer discounts (money back in gift card) depending on the cost of the item. Makes sense to shop then!

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I went shopping over the weekend and ended up buying the Marc by Marc Jacobs bag and matching clutch/wallet in chalk (lighter than this, more like an off-white)...I LOVE it. Hopefully no one flames me because I''m vegetarian but still buying leather items occasionally--I can only do SO much, ya know. I just really wanted a nicy, cushy handbag...looked at the new Coach spring bags but nothing appealed to me, I''m just not a Coach girl, and then spotted this one and fell in love.
30.gif

marcj1117212688_201x396.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then last night I was browsing through Nordie''s site for a cute shirtdress and found this BCBgirls one! Adorable...and I think it will look cute with last year''s J.Crew espadrilles I ended up wearing like twice...

wrap dress.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch the marc jacobs bag is gorgous and I love that BCBG dress
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mrs. S! TPF is my new best friend, btw...like I need to spend more time on a forum, lol.
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TAT0ZT6_mp.jpg

Ellie Tahari. Yum.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TAT0S76_mp.jpg

Again Tahari

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
main.jpg

I''ll stop soon.....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TAX027C_mp.jpg

Model was wearing these in the catalogue I just got and they look gorgeous on.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are a few of my recent purchases...got these last weekend, super cute with jeans and a light colored sweater or floaty creamish or brownish top.

bcbgirls victory.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i got these today at nordstroms...super cute, basic and perfect with jeans!!!

_5365454.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and i got this at AE today, super cute floaty top perfect over jeans with heeled flip flops or those new shoes i got!!

0352_5666_100.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great finds, Mara! I was just watching "Hitch" and Eva Mendes wore the most beautiful neutral ensembles throughout--that first wedge with the cutouts you posted would''ve worked well for her wardrobe, they''re gorgeous. Who makes them? Wonder if there''s a two-piece maryjane pump style as well? Oh, and also love that AE top--so summery and sweet. I love this tunic length one from the Gap:

slvlestunic.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great find Monarch--I will check out the Gap!

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, you just never know what you will find at the Gap. It can be very hit or miss, and although its popularity over the years has waned I still find it to be a great source for "staples" and even some trendier things which, if treated well can last for quite a few years without looking dated. Also, I''m 5''10" and Gap began carrying tall sizes a couple years ago which is wonderful--no more worrying if my favorite black cotton knit turtleneck or simple white tank will be too short to meet my low-rise jeans, ha! (They also carry petite sizes now, FYI anyone).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i also love these cutie shorts from VS...they have pinstripes and are cuffed and best of all...only $19!
3.gif
the shoes the gal has on look like the ones i got yesterday at nordies. most of my summer wardrobe is pretty simple thank goodness for CA living..hehee.

oh the first pair of shoes monnie are bcbgirls. they have them at nordies and also i think macys.

V256246.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2007 8:40:48 PM
Author: monarch64
Sharon, you just never know what you will find at the Gap. It can be very hit or miss, and although its popularity over the years has waned I still find it to be a great source for ''staples'' and even some trendier things which, if treated well can last for quite a few years without looking dated. Also, I''m 5''10'' and Gap began carrying tall sizes a couple years ago which is wonderful--no more worrying if my favorite black cotton knit turtleneck or simple white tank will be too short to meet my low-rise jeans, ha! (They also carry petite sizes now, FYI anyone).
HI:

Monarch, ain''t that the truth. I can go in there for several seasons and not find a thing. Admittedly, I did buy their long bermuda shorts last year and four long sleeved tee''s--the ones you layer. Other than that, I might snag the odd pair of shorts in the kids section (the kids stuff often fit me better, in size 16), but that is about it.

I didn''t know about the tall section--I''ll have to recommend it to my GF who is your height and never can kidn things that suit. Thanks for the tip!!

P.S. That latest top Mara posted is very feminine/cute.

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
bangles and more bangles...piled up on both arms. I just got two Hermes ones and have some others that I like too...

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
well everyone else''s clothing is soooooo much more fun, but i just got this suit on sale from JCrew in my new smaller size and i love it. some might say boring, but hey, if you have to wear a suit...

Broad%20navy%20pinstripe%20Italian%20wool%20Daniela%20jacket.jpg

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I was briefing through arden b online and seems like a lot of retro prints and styles are popular. this dress I think is a cute one!! it would be perfect for our Vegas trip!

retro.jpg

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
this is another one from arden b, it would look so cute with jeans!!!
36.gif

rufflewhite.jpg

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I love looking at this thread! Thanks to everyone for posting their goodies..... Where I live, I find myself struggling to stay up on the fashions because they''re aren''t many high end stores by my house.... (I don''t know if people are just more conservative here or what???) We are just getting a Nordstroms and crate & barrell this fall.... The Macy''s by me doesn''t even carry Coach! I never even heard of BCBG until last year..... Aaaarrrrggg!

Anyway, thanks again!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aquarius, where do you live? Glad to know you are able to draw inspiration from this thread...I guess it''s not totally gratuitous, lol!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
miss monarch!!! i see you posting out and about but you never post on the WWT thread anymore...when you have a minute, we would love to know how you are doing out there!! hope all is well with you gal...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2007 11:50:13 PM
miss monarch!!! i see you posting out and about but you never post on the WWT thread anymore...when you have a minute, we would love to know how you are doing out there!! hope all is well with you gal...
Miss Mara!!! LOL! Thanks for calling my a*& out of obscurity and back into the light of day that is the WWT! You are too funny. Please see my post as of about 2 minutes ago, if you''re still up. I do really appreciate it, as I was thinking of ways to sneak back in for the last few weeks!

I received my Nordie''s dress today...much to my dismay everything fit except the biceps...the style of the dress has those little cute puffed sleeves, and they went over my arms but then my biceps were a lil too chubbo for the armholes, even though it was a medium (BCBgirls size 8-10). Gosh! I thought I would be alright but obviously I''ve put on some armflab weight!

It IS a really cute dress, though, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cute shirtdress, you can wear it with cowboy boots, espadrilles, dressy sandals, etc. Maybe not flip-flops, although it is a really silky cotton with lining that is almost dressy with the lacey accents. I am honestly llooking forward to wearing it with some gorgeous aqua colored lingerie I purchased earlier this year on sale from the gap, and since it''s sort of low in the bust area I will probably put an aqau cami underneath, and maybe put turquoise jewelry with it. The bow is sooo cute though. It is a really fun dress! I tried it on over dark wash jeans and it still looked great...if I had some cowboy boots (which I dont and maybe never will) it would''ve made it. Love it. $128 worth of lovely, for sure. mara, it''d look great with your BCBgirls cutout floral wedges, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results