shape
carat
color
clarity

spread too big? comments please........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fishcca

Rough_Rock
Good afternoon-
I am looking at a Diamond right now that is:

GIA certified
G in color
1.36 carat
Vs1
63.6 depth
79 table
m-sthk girdle
Good Polish
VG symmetry
6.40x6.38 (didn''t write down other part)

This stone seems a little shallow but still looks very, very nice.

In your novice and expert opinions; how do you all feel about this stone from the information given?

Thanks folks!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Depth should be 4.06mm
1.gif
There are no rules when it comes to fancy shapes. The shallower depth makes it very large for its weight. The table is quite wide too. But, if it looks so nice to you it may be the right one! Do you have any clue about the crown height?
1.gif

BTW, what about the stone with m.blue fluorescence?
1.gif

fishcca

Rough_Rock
Hi! thanks, I don't have the other specs with me. but I can get them. I was thinking that the table was too large. Is this noticeable to the naked eye? The med blue stone wassold while I was deciding what I thought about it, which is fine. But I have read conflicting views on the opaqueness that is the result of such a characteristic.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
This can't be a round! What shape is it?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It's a princess. Or so I hope
9.gif
Well, when compared with an 'ideal' princess with 60% table, you'll definitely see a difference...
1.gif

jenntheten

Rough_Rock
I have a princess cut diamond with a 79% table.....I would advise you to find a smaller table. It was BEAUTIFUL to me at the time, but after awhile you can see the difference. OR, just compare it to a similar princess cut with a better table percentage and you will be able to see the difference.
1.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure of the significance, but Barry's princesses over at SC have much, much smaller tables. Too small in fact for a class 1 rating from Dave Atlas, but I presume they are cut that way to maximize weight AND light return.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results