shape
carat
color
clarity

Split shank''s Radiant upgrade complete!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stacy

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I am really starting to fall for radiants, thanks to posts like this. Your upgrade is stunning, split shank!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very blingy ang gorgeous. is this the same ring as your avatar? or a different ring?

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I can''t get good pictures to do it justice... maybe time for a new camera
2.gif

D&T: My avatar pic is my engagement ring (the inner split shank part of my current ring).

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your setting looks like it was made for the radiant!! Congrats!!

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I agree, I think the picture finally fits the frame.
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brilliance4me

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning Radiant! The mounting is so elegant, love the pave! Beautiful Upgrade! Enjoy
emhot.gif

vabaz

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Beautiful ring!! Where did you get the double row split shank setting? Do tell!

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! My ring is actually 3. My orginal engagement ring is still in there! Split shank Felicity by HOF. I had two wedding bands (I liked the symmetry) made by a local jeweler to fit the sides of it. They are so narrow and delicate (and slightly curved) so I had them soldered together to prevent any shifting. Thats the long story of it! I am in love and don''t plan to ever change the setting.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring!!! It looks comfortable too! :)

vabaz

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I just simply cannot stop admiring your beautiful, beautiful riing!! OM goodness I love it...one more question...do the diamonds on the split shank go 1/2 way down or 3/4 way down/around - I can''t really tell? Does it ever bother the fingers it''s against on the sides? Again, congrats on a truly unique and gorgeous ring!!

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 12:38:17 PM
Author: vabaz
I just simply cannot stop admiring your beautiful, beautiful riing!! OM goodness I love it...one more question...do the diamonds on the split shank go 1/2 way down or 3/4 way down/around - I can''t really tell? Does it ever bother the fingers it''s against on the sides? Again, congrats on a truly unique and gorgeous ring!!

I would say more about 1/2 ways, you really can''t see the ''end'' of the pave unless I flip my hand over. I was worried at first too that it would irritate my fingers, but I do not feel it at all. A good note to make sure your eternities or half''s are sized correctly because when I got it, it was a half size too large, which made it tilt and then you could tell it didn''t feel right. Sizing is key!!

I really wish I had time to get some decent pics on here. It is much more delicate looking in person. Many of my recent pics make it look ''bulky'' or like a thick men''s ring I think.

vabaz

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/25/2009 2:44:33 PM
Author: split_shank

I would say more about 1/2 ways, you really can''t see the ''end'' of the pave unless I flip my hand over. I was worried at first too that it would irritate my fingers, but I do not feel it at all. A good note to make sure your eternities or half''s are sized correctly because when I got it, it was a half size too large, which made it tilt and then you could tell it didn''t feel right. Sizing is key!!

I really wish I had time to get some decent pics on here. It is much more delicate looking in person. Many of my recent pics make it look ''bulky'' or like a thick men''s ring I think.
Oh no split shank - quite the contrary re "bulky" looking. I like it because it''s NOT bulky looking. It''s substantial but delicate and feminine to my eye anyway. I have been looking at wide shank, bulky settings because I am after an engagement/wedding look in ONE ring. I think yours fits the bill to a T!! Are you ever planning to put a band with yours? I would not. Really, it looks beautiful on your hand and I can see why you love it so much-you should! Could you elaborate a little more on the sizing issue? Wouldn''t you just get whatever size you are and it would be fine or should you adjust and make it a little smaller so as not to tilt? Not quite understanding your comment on this. Thanks and congrats again!

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 3:26:09 PM

Date: 9/25/2009 2:44:33 PM
Author: split_shank

Oh no split shank - quite the contrary re ''bulky'' looking. I like it because it''s NOT bulky looking. It''s substantial but delicate and feminine to my eye anyway. I have been looking at wide shank, bulky settings because I am after an engagement/wedding look in ONE ring. I think yours fits the bill to a T!! Are you ever planning to put a band with yours? I would not. Really, it looks beautiful on your hand and I can see why you love it so much-you should! Could you elaborate a little more on the sizing issue? Wouldn''t you just get whatever size you are and it would be fine or should you adjust and make it a little smaller so as not to tilt? Not quite understanding your comment on this. Thanks and congrats again!
I don''t think I will add a band to it. Originally I looked at separate bands but nothing really looked right other than the flush ones designed for it. HOF makes a band that is identical to the ones I had made by my local jeweler but I got two made for the price of one HOF. I haven''t seen a band that looks right with how small the pave rows are on mine. So, I went with identical sized rows. They did an awesome job finding mini stones that were the same size as the ER. ''

Sorry if my sizing issue didn''t make sense. When I got engaged, the ER was a size 7. It spun alot and after a few weeks I thought I better size it down so I didn''t lose it or something when I got my hands wet. I had it sized down to a 6 1/2 (I think) and it felt much better and didn''t tilt or fall to the side. 9 months later when it was time to design the wedding bands, they sized them according to my ER. Fits perfect!

For reference to my ''bulkiness'' statement, the ring is only 8 mm at the widest point (top). It tapers to 4 mm on the bottom and is extremely comfortable. I think it looks wider in the pics for some reason! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results