shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel....Vintage Art Deco

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks perfect on your hand! I love the deep color. What a gorgeous stone!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I almost missed this thread, widget! It looks like a beautiful stone, although monitors can never capture the color! I already envied you your collection of colored stones. Did you have to get the perfect red spinel on top of everything else?

What is extinction? I know I "should" know, but I don''t. Since I love colored stones, I have a feeling I should find out!

Hugs to you. Wear the beautiful, new ring in health and happiness!

Love,
Deb
34.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: AGBF

What is extinction? I know I ''should'' know, but I don''t. Since I love colored stones, I have a feeling I should find out!
Hi, Deb.. Do a search...there are a few discussions about it in Colored Gemstone Forum.

It''s the "black out" effect seen in varying degrees in many colored stones. I think it''s caused by the cut, not inclusions.

This spinel ain''t perfect, unfortunately. As you can see from the pictures, while there is some great color and brightness, almost all the ''action'' is shooting out from the sides, rather than evenly disbursed throughout the stone...

widget

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING. A winner. It truely goes with the rest of your FAB collection.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Hubba, hubba...it''s gorgeous! You have such a beautiful collection!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Widget, this ring is gorgeous. There are so many beautiful colors of spinel. It looks so pretty on your hand. You wear it well.
21.gif

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Oh Widget I am in love with your ring !! Art Deco is really my soft spot and your ring is fabulous setting and stone !! I LOVE the red of your spinel...really wonderful and the setting just enhances it !!!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Widget- LOVE IT!!!!! Spinels are one of my favorite gemstones- I think they are one of the "secrets" of unbelievable gemstones....Alot of people have never heard of them- I have one and just am mezmerized by its brilliance- I think It blows my tanzanite out of the water. excellent find- ENJOY IT!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget you never cease to amaze me. You are the ultimate Jewel Goddess, I worship at your feet, I am unworthy.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Stick a fork in me, I''m done! THUD!

darling

Shiny_Rock
Love, love the ring. Hope to see it in person someday.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Just Stunning!!!!! I don''t know if I could pass it up either. But, that would depend on the price too. Just a gorgeous piece of jewelry. I can''t even walk in a good jewelry store anymore. I need help! LOL!

Principessa5345

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring...the setting is so lovely!
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results