shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel photo shoot time!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
The spinel setting arrived! It''s obviously not set yet, but I wanted to see what it would look like. :)

This setting is from AmericanSet [on ebay].

1DSC02751.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
front view

DSC02752.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
looking blue in the sun [and kind of fingerprint-y]

DSC02756.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
more blue

DSC02759.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
a little fire

1DSC02765.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
a little red!

2DSC02766.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
color shift time! this is under bathroom lights. the change from purple to blue is quite obvious and i love it!!

DSC02775.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
more purple

DSC02777.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
one more purple [looks like the last one, though!]

DSC02780.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
So, that''s it for now. Thanks to everyone who helped me choose this setting - it''s great! It''s really sparkly, even if it doesn''t come across that way in the pics. It was a good price, too. It''s solid.

And eww, I need lotion. How embarrassing!!
7.gif
Sorry about that.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
If no one comments, does that mean you don''t like it?
7.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness no! I like it, I love shifting spinels (and really should set mine). Both the deep blue and purple are nice colors. The band looks pretty, very novo-esque. Do you have someone lined up to set it?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Thank goodness! I was starting to think everyone thought it was super fugly and didn''t want to say anything!! :)

Yeah, I''ve got a jeweler in town that I work with. I should get over there in the next week or so.

Barry did an excellent job on this stone. It is SO cool. When I''m at the office, it''s usually purple...and at home, it''s usually blue...and outside, it''s kind of a mix. It''s like having many rings! :)

I really like the band. Everyone on here who voted for that one has good taste! :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karee888,
Very pretty and I love the setting as well. Enjoy!

ericjsmom1

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your ring is beautiful!
I am considering something like this instead of a diamond engagement ring - but I don''t even know where to begin to create something like this. Where did you purchase the stone and setting and what price range were they ? What does it cost to have a stone set ? Would something like this be sturdy/durable enough to wear daily like an engagement ring?
Again...I love it!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! How is the quality of the setting? I''ve looked at a lot of their stuff on ebay, but I''ve been hesitant. Is it what they claim? Has your jeweler seen the setting and if so what did he/she think?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Thanks. :)

I don''t mind talking price, because I don''t think it was that expensive.

As far as I know, spinel is hard enough for daily wear, but I''m sure someone who knows more can confirm/disconfirm this information.

I got the setting as a BIN from the seller American Set on ebay. They were very nice and shipped quite fast. The ring is here: American Set

The stone is a color shift spinel from Barry Bridgestock: ACS It is very sparkly! It was $164. So, the total [stone + setting] isn''t that bad.

Barry is super nice and answers any question you might have. I requested a cushion cut pinkish stone and he sent me some pics a week or so later. From my very limited experience, it seems if you give him a range and color [you can also specify the kind of stone], he can tell you what he has.

My jeweler in town charges between $30 [white gold] to $55 [platinum] to set a stone. i think the price really varies, though...I''ve seen a range of prices posted on here.

I hope that was helpful information! :)

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Hoofbeat -

I think the quality is nice. They diamonds appear to be clear and sparkly. I looked at them with a loupe and couldn''t find anything. Of course, the diamonds are about 1-pointers, so I''m sure it will take the jeweler to find anything since they are small.

I will talk to him next week. AS claims the diamonds are VS and G. So, we''ll see. The metal feels solid. It is thin and dainty, and weighs 2.7 grams.

So far, I have no complaints about them.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karee, I love your ring and spinel. Love the color change of it, is is just beautiful.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reminds me of my ering. Which of course means I love it! What are the stats on the stone? Is there a thread for it?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Linda!

And the stone in your avatar is to die for!! Is that a pad? Wow. It is so cool. Do you have other pics of it?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Freke,

Here''s the original thread...the stats are towards the middle but it is 1.39, 6.5 mm. :) original thread

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I just saw your thread and I have to say that I love your Spinel! Stones with a color shift aspect are so much fun to observe in different lighting, as you have found. The setting you selected is lovely and I think the pairing will be splendid, once on your finger! :)

I am so excited, this means more photos of your lovely after it is set!! Yay!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring, love it!!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Love your spinel! It''s going to be a beautiful ring!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 4:59:04 PM
Author: karee888
Thank you, Linda!

And the stone in your avatar is to die for!! Is that a pad? Wow. It is so cool. Do you have other pics of it?
Feel the pressure Linda, feel the pressure!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Karee, as I keep saying, I''m not a blue lover. But if I could have $1 for each time I''ve found one that I really like, I''d be half way to getting one!! You ladies are converting me.

It''s a delightful stone and it''s going to make a really pretty ring. Can''t wait to see it on your finger for real.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty:) Love the color shift!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice spinel, what a color shift!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results