shape
carat
color
clarity

Spessertite and Tsavorite purchases for my wife and sister for Christmans...and a Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am unsure of how many people read my previous post asking about gem selection for my sister and wife...but I have decided what to purchase and wanted to show you guys the photos.

First off I wanted to thank three people in particular who helped explain some great things about gems.

The first is Maurice, aka MJO, who spent alot of time answering my questions, and without him I wouldn't have been as informed. He is a great guy..with amazing knowledge of gems, and quite a collection.

The person I did purchase the stones from was Richard Homer, as quite a few of you have. The cuts on these stones, as well as color and size, fit these special gifts perfectly. Richard has been very busy, yet made time for me...and I truly appreciate it. This Christmas will have some emptiness, but I am hoping the bond created between my wife and sister with my mothers birthstone, and idea of a fresh start with something so beautiful is something that is priceless for me. Thank you.

Alright...on to the stones. I appreciate any comments or observations.

-G

5263spess.jpg

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Second stone...

5463Tsav.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Those are simply gorgeous stones. What wonderful gifts. What are you (or they) going to do with them?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the tsav cushion.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!
36.gif

BTW I just read your original thread. What a lovely thought, to give garnets in memory of your mother.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice stones....gotta love the fire in that orange!

movie zombie

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Cind11,

I am unsure what my sister is going to want to do with the Orange Spess...but I am hoping they will both mount them in settings.

I am also taking care of the setting for my sister, so it will be a pendant or ring. Whatever she prefers.

My wife is going to choose a Leon Mege design, so it may be a while before she gets to wear it...but it will be worth it.

path914

Rough_Rock
Absolutely beautiful gemstones, as usual from Richard
21.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Your wife is getting a Leon Mege? That will be a fantastic ring!!!!

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Leon Mege is the current plan. I have spoken with him on the phone a couple of times, but he is very busy right now...I will post the photos as soon as the rings are done.

With the trillian orange stone, it will be a little more difficult to find a decent mounting in my opinion. A large triangle center stone seems to be a tougher thing to find an example of.

-G

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your sister''s would look better in a pendant than a ring. And a leon for your wife? *swoon* That will be beautiful!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, you are definitely going to have to come back with pictures!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love them both! can''t wait to see whats done with them.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh I remember your original post about this. what great choices!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I agree the trillion would be best as a pendant, and the tsav as a ring... good luck w/setting them!!

jaguarlady53

Rough_Rock
Both stones are lovely.Can''t wait to see what you do with them!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the green cushion...have you seen Velourial''s amazingly stunning tsavorite with the split shank? OMYGOD is it just one of the most gorgeous rings!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results