shape
carat
color
clarity

Spessartite Garnet, Fanta Color, 7.49 ct

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkie, I often feel that 2 terriers is the end of me but after seeing your pic I'm clearly underachieving! Greetings to you and your Scotties from Finn and Miss Maggie!

img_20140205_142036__2_0.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the ring - the dogs - the mineral specimen - the whole kit & caboodle!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My spess is NOTHING like yours but I have it set in yellow gold. It was originally in white gold and I will go back to that eventually. The white of the metal makes the stone stand out more, in my opinion.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big thank you for all the PS people who took the time to view and comment. :angel: It truly boosted how I feel about the project and it sure confirmed that Bubbles is a worthy spessartite garnet! (She heard some unkind comments from the first jeweler :wall: ) You made her feel beautiful!

This all made me want to get some better pics so these will be it and I hope they make you laff just a little too! I made a quick trip to Safeway searching for hot pink/fuschia flowers and for Fanta soda! ---Kristie aka AZstonie

cam00485.jpg

cam00475.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That soda is TASTY! I went all out and bought the full-calorie stuff because Bubbles frowns on half-measures ;-) She's a generously sized babe, 11 mm, and she doesn't do DIET heehee!

img_20150508_115022_kindlephoto-3919457__2_.jpg

img_20150508_115014.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Mowtownmama! Thank you so much! Or should I say WOOF! :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1431110345|3874114 said:
My spess is NOTHING like yours but I have it set in yellow gold. It was originally in white gold and I will go back to that eventually. The white of the metal makes the stone stand out more, in my opinion.

derbygal, is there a thread I can view to see your lovely spess? Pretty please? I'd love to see one in yellow gold :lickout:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the fanta pictures, it is the exact colour! Beautiful. I personally don't like it with your stacking ring, I think it is gorgeous just on its own :D Congrats! :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi telephone! Thank you for viewing and I appreciate the feedback re band too. It's supercomfortable without the band, that's for sure! :D

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, You already know I adore your spess ring but it bears repeating!!! :love: The stone is absolutely yummy and though you're not in love with the setting, honestly it looks really pretty, and I'm not just saying that! It really is the color of Fanta soda! I'm so happy to see you wearing and enjoying this ring :appl: your pics are great too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, your new pictures are fabulous too. That is so cool Bubbles matches the color of Fanta. I want orange soda now.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1431060423|3873831 said:
NKOTB|1431059425|3873825 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I spent a few years looking for my holy grail spess, which is that colour. I finally found one I'm super happy with, and let me tell you...it was NOT cheap, nor precision cut...So you scored, big time! :D I honestly think that colour could stand up to any colour metal, so it's all about what you like, and is within budget. I think it looks fine where it is, but if it bugs you, keep going until you find the perfect fit. And enjoy! Both in the meantime, and when you find its forever home. Congrats!

Thank you, NKOTB! I'm glad you found your grail spess :appl: and its good you pulled the trigger. Andrew saw the finished ring and kind of sadly remarked that this true color is unobtainable in rough now. How will you set uours?

I fell in love with miraclesrule's spess ring in Vegas last year, and have already cleared it with her to do something similar. :) Maybe along the lines of this pic, if I go with smaller diamonds...

spess_setting_idea.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect perfection. I want to eat it and drink it and wear it too! Now I have fanta orange fever.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB, *those* are the prongs I requested!!! That is one gorgeous ring. Truly beautiful. Will watch here for your version!

NRIDIs, thank you for the extra shout outs AND for chilling me out throughout the entire process. Junebug and Marcy, we will soon see your newest bling veeeery soon :dance:

Thank you, Matata, and hugs to those amazing felines of yours!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is so gorgeous, I don't even see a setting!!! What a knockout!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are wonderful to say that, Housecat, thank you!!! :angel:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZA!!!! :cheeky: :love: :love: :love: :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Tekate!!!!!!!! :wavey:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm not usually a big fan of orange, but WOW! What a fantastic colour, and great saturation. Your Spessartite make the Fanta orange drink look pale in comparison. Your ring is all about the stone. I don't really 'see' the setting either.
Wear it in good health. =)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pleasure to behold, azstonie! I gasped when I opened your thread. There are some beautiful spessartite garnets on PS but I think yours takes the prize :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GarnetGirl, great PS name :bigsmile:

Thank you!!! I was trying to feature the stone, glad it worked.

Garnets are fantastic stones, my goal has been 1 of each :naughty:

You???

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1431139658|3874356 said:
What a pleasure to behold, azstonie! I gasped when I opened your thread. There are some beautiful spessartite garnets on PS but I think yours takes the prize :love:

Babynurse, you are the best. Back when I was around the Colored Stknes thread I seem to remember you had some amazing pieces. Anything lately???

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Delicious colour! What a stunning stone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, I love your new photos of Bubbles. :love: She is Fanta Orange Fabulous. The perfect orange. She is so bright and beautiful. :love:
Is it selfish that I want more pics please. :appl:

And Finn and Maggie are pretty terrific too! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! Now that's a true Fanta Spess :love: Absolutely gorgeous and huge, I Love it!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, DiaDiva and bright ice! Much appreciated :wavey: The unusual stones are fun to see, I think. One of the good things about PS, you see stones that wouldn't turn up in most jewelry stores.

Hi Missy!!! Thank you for viewing the new pics! I tried to figure out a way to pose Bubbles on Finn or Maggie but apparently Finn and Maggie are union Westies and they viewed my photo session request as "scab work," or at least that's what I heard Finn mutter as he trudged off in search of deli turkey :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness that's spectacular! And I have to say that there's also something I like about the heft of the setting - it seems like the stone deserves all that gold!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, it really is Fanta orange! You are one lucky lady to have that beauty. I picked up my spess earrings and pendant set yesterday. The ring wasn't ready but I did get to see the wax model for it. I've posted a couple of pics over in the Colored Stones section (E-Rings/Eyecandy) if you're interested. While your ring is Fanta, my set is more like "Orange Crush" or at least like the Orange Crush I used to drink as a child.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Kristi, that spess is truly gorgeous, the color is fantastic!! :love: :love: I too love minerals & anything that comes out of the ground, but I'm not educated about it like so many here & yourself. I love that specimen, really incredible. That would sit front & center here at my house. I don't really have much of a collection, but love looking at them. Those pics of your ring next to the bottle of fanta are something else aren't they!?! Well done! :appl: :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results