shape
carat
color
clarity

Spess ring from Richard Wise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the controversial (lol) Richard Wise spess. Richard did the setting for me. I am very pleased with how the ring turned out. The stone is set in 18K gold with pink sapphires bead set into the shank. Here is Richard''s photo. Not really the true color of the stone. Richard was nice to deal with.

spessringa.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

P7031372.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love yellow gold, and those pink sapphires just pop right out of the setting. Beautiful Ring, love the double prongs! Gorgeous color center! love everything about the ring!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Excuse the rather "icky" cuticles...

P7031371.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

P7031333.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
another...

P7031336.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now...

P7031331.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very pretty and unique, congratulations!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I love this. Reminds me of a pad with the orange and pink
9.gif
. Richard did a great job.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I like your orange gum drop :) Congrats and wear it in good health!

Date: 7/6/2009 10:47:34 PM
Author: Cind11
Last one for now...

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you D&T, LtlFirecracker, TL, Linda W, and sleepyspinel. I wish this stone would photograph more accurately. I do think these photos are better than the one I posted of the unset stone originally. But this still isn''t quite the in real life color.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
That first pic had me a little worried as it looked dark and a little washed out but as i scrolled down my faith was renewed...BAM..looks like a beautiful drop of fire on your ring...very very nice stone..I love it

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
That came out really well! I love that pink/orange combo.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you amethystguy and Kismet. Here''s another one...

P7031334.JPG

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto everyone else -- love the color combo, it really pops!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. My mind wouldn''t pair those colors together yet I love the combo. Great choice!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I love orange and pink, it''s a color combination seen way too seldom!!! Beautiful spess, gorgeous idea and fine craftmanship.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
When I saw that first pic, I thought "Oooh, I''m gonna have to think of something nice to say," but seeing your own pics (waaaay better!), I can honestly say that I think it''s beautiful. Orange and pink are my favorite colors!!
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK... I''ll admit that the orange with pink doesn''t do much for me. But then, pink doesn''t do much for me in general, so please take my w cents worth with several grains of salt.

What I do love
30.gif
is the look of those yellow gold prongs against that blazing orange spersastite! Yellow gold is way under-used these days, IMHO -- and your ring proves it

It''s a beautiful and beautifully executed ring, nevermind my personal opinions on pink!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is very unique to have pink sapphires contrast and highlight the orange spessartite which looks more orange than the original controversial pictures.
2.gif
It’s also not the usual prong setting on the sapphires too. It’s lovely.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous color combo, I love it!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Love that color combo!!
30.gif
Gorgeous ring!!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I love the design. The way you did the unexpected with the color is so eye catching, and the stones being burnished into the band is perfect. Love the way you can see right through the center stone in a good way. If you can, could you show us the side view?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That colour combo is fantastic! I love it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gold appears to be very thick and heavy as well. Richard did a very nice job on that ring. It is difficult to take accurate photos of orange stones, but I do agree with Chrono that this latest set of pictures shows the orange very nicely.
21.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of the stone is gorgeous!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 1:38:05 AM
Author: VRBeauty
OK... I''ll admit that the orange with pink doesn''t do much for me. But then, pink doesn''t do much for me in general, so please take my w cents worth with several grains of salt.

What I do love
30.gif
is the look of those yellow gold prongs against that blazing orange spersastite! Yellow gold is way under-used these days, IMHO -- and your ring proves it

It''s a beautiful and beautifully executed ring, nevermind my personal opinions on pink!
what she said!

mz

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to fierypyropixy, marcyc, mariedtiger, cellentani, VR Beauty, chrono, stepcutnut, brandy z2B, Pink Tower, cinnamon013, TL, Catmom, and movie zombie. The ring has a reverse shank meaning that it is about 4mm wide on the bottom of the shank and tapers to about 2mm (or so) by the head. I really like the weight of the gold. While I like my James Meyer ring (which has a very narrow shank) I prefer the more substantial shank that this ring has. Richard did the ring this way to keep the ring from spinning.

sideviewspessring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results