carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
erm....I want to buy this one.

dragon earrings.jpg
Price is good (for me, USD 1300 sounds reasonable). She said icy and blue. She sent video in plain light. It looks very very lovely, a pale blue like aquamarine kind of blue with green. Very ethereal.

With a pair of diamond halo moonstone studs. I have blue blue very blue moonstones at 5 mm. So I make into huge dangly earrings. So on a ban.

Size is around 35 mm

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
:roll:oops:K. Done. I bought. She advised to buy. Sometimes, she does tell me not to buy, like when I want to buy the smallies, she will pick a nice set for me or she will say don't touch it. But this one, she said go for it. So I did. Takes very little to convince me. Haha.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I agree with Burmesedaze. Can arrive grey. Or can arrive much much better than expected.

*Mellow shifts around nervously as she waits for her lavender ring to arrive* :eek-2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:roll:oops:K. Done. I bought. She advised to buy. Sometimes, she does tell me not to buy, like when I want to buy the smallies, she will pick a nice set for me or she will say don't touch it. But this one, she said go for it. So I did. Takes very little to convince me. Haha.

haha you go girl! I saw them and thought they were beautiful and very much reminded me of @Seaglow's gorgeous pair.

Remember to show us stuff after you set it okies!

I am still sad about the lace. I wonder will there ever be good lace again! Still wearing studs out of sadness (and laziness).

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
erm....I want to buy this one.

dragon earrings.jpg
Price is good (for me, USD 1300 sounds reasonable). She said icy and blue. She sent video in plain light. It looks very very lovely, a pale blue like aquamarine kind of blue with green. Very ethereal.

With a pair of diamond halo moonstone studs. I have blue blue very blue moonstones at 5 mm. So I make into huge dangly earrings. So on a ban.

Size is around 35 mm

I like your setting idea, the jade pair is beautiful and a good size. :kiss2:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
haha you go girl! I saw them and thought they were beautiful and very much reminded me of @Seaglow's gorgeous pair.

I am still sad about the lace. I wonder will there ever be good lace again! Still wearing studs out of sadness (and laziness).

I don't know. She said this was good value and very very translucent. She said it was icy. I don't understand but I bought. How bad is that?

I have never owned or seen icy jade. This icy jade trend, it started and is super expensive. I don't know what icy means. But she kept saying icy icy no grey no cloud a lot of water is perfect and buy and she said USD1300. I got this feeling she got excited because she likes icy herself. So I was so confused I bought. Fingers crossed is nice.

She said this was way nicer and much much better quality than the lace I bought.

And Mellow, don't worry about the lace. It will come around again. It should.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lol it is icy :)

Should be nice!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have the smaller version.... 25mm. :)

Attachments

• 7A57BB18-594D-4C04-A9CE-F250894BFBBF.jpeg
    7A57BB18-594D-4C04-A9CE-F250894BFBBF.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 22

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@Seaglow, are they really icy? She says this one is from a different piece of rough. To me, it looks like yours.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK it's going to be fine! They'll look great!

She's very neutral usually I don't see her pushing you to buy unless she's genuinely excited about this product. You buy heaps from her, why would she want to risk losing NUMEROUS future sales by flogging you something dodgy as a once off?

Someone else would have bought it anyway as this stuff seems to fly out of their factory.

The only instance where I can see it not working out is if you have a very different asthetic to her.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Exactly. She is very very neutral. If you say no, she says ok.

I don't doubt her. My first piece of icy. I wonder what is is like. Everyone raves about icy. And glassy.

I did not say no, but she was all this is a fantastic piece. So it must be.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lavender is really vey tricky to buy.
Yes, I agree with Burmesedaze. Can arrive grey. Or can arrive much much better than expected.
I'm finding that with lavender beads this is very much the case, and photos almost always don't capture the real life color. A few days ago we went to a Heritage Auction preview in LA. They have a necklace coming up for auction with a reserve price of $16K including buyer's premium. Color is very similar to the necklace we are considering, but less uniform with two or three of the beads being really grey. Here's a link and a photo https://jewelry.ha.com/itm/estate-j...5353-55035.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Lav Heritage Lot 55035 $15-20K.jpg
Also there's a necklace on 1stdibs from a British vendor priced at $32K that seems to have almost no lavender color at all. https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/nec...-jade-bead-necklace-diamond-clasp/id-j_67650/

Lav 1stdibs $32K 2.jpg

Last edited:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you keeping these @prs ?
DW has another day to decide but we are leaning towards keeping them. They do have a very nice lavender color at normal person to person viewing distance, and at $5K are very reasonably priced. Here are a couple more photos:

Lavender Jade Necklace 1.jpg Lavender Jade Necklace 8.jpg
What do you think we should do? =)2

Attachments

• Lavender Jade Necklace 5.jpg
    Lavender Jade Necklace 5.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 18

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I love huge beads. So I would keep. And, colour looks good to me. Not everyone is going to peer at your necklace to filter out the grey. It’s a keep for me.

Reactions: prs

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s gorgeous personally.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it’s gorgeous personally.
Thank you, the seller believes the necklace was originally purchased at Gumps's Dept Store in San Francisco. =)2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Myanmar grade A imperial green jadeite ring metal:18k gold & diamonds size for cabochon:10.4-8.3-1.8mm price:6480usd

1.8mm???? Why so much for something so thin! I don't care how wet it is!

47132104_2192020597525353_4765182630553452544_n.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DW has another day to decide but we are leaning towards keeping them. They do have a very nice lavender color at normal person to person viewing distance, and at $5K are very reasonably priced. Here are a couple more photos:

Lavender Jade Necklace 1.jpg Lavender Jade Necklace 8.jpg
What do you think we should do? =)2

Lavender will shift under different lights but always looks better against skin :)

Good size and it has colour. Doesn't pale to near white. The texture isn't too sugary as well (i.e. not too many white clouds/patches per bead) and good size. It would be difficult today to find another strand this size, colour and lacking cracks/impurities/black spots whatever. So all these have to weigh against whether you are comfy to splash out 5k for it.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Or would you rather put 5k towards something else?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely want to buy a cab. @mellowyellowgirl , I did see that ring. But 1.8mm? Too flat even if imperial green.

She had this imperial green one at 1408 USD. She sent me invoice, but I was sleeping at night so the ring sold. :cry2: measurements are 10.9 round and I think, height is 4 mm.
Best ring 1408 jade.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Then she has this one. I am looking at this one. USD5300. It is at 14.9 mm but height is only 3.3 mm. So flat. Colour looks good. But she said not so translucent and there is cloud. But she said all jade has cloud. What it means, I don't know. I wish I could post the video. I don't know how. In sunlight, it glows, but in normal light, it is ok.

The photo measurement states 14.9 etc etc and height is 8.8 but height without setting is 3.3

I like high domed ones.

jade cab 5300 usd but only 3.3 mm high 14.6 in length.jpg jade cab 5300.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
What do you guys think? Is translucence so important?

I know that in my chrysoprase jewellery, the more translucent, the more glow and ethereal the gem is.

Can you see, the ring to the left is lighter in colour. But because it is translucent, it is just so exciting all the time. The one to the right, the round one, it is very very green. But it doesn't have that kick to it. And the earrings, they are translucent, so against my black hair, they look fantabulous. So this is for chrysoprase. I am thinking it must work this way with jadeite too.

Or is colour and a bit of translucence a great thing too where jadeite is concerned? In the dim light, the left chrysoprase ring has a glow.

What would a less translucent jadeite with great colour be like?

Chrysoprase Ring.jpg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For $5300 I think you can do way better. At that price I'd hold out for more height, water and glow and finer grain. Plus most important you don't sound like you love it.

The smaller ring is nice. Was it really imperial? The pricing seems a bit cheap for imperial. Or is it a spicey green one which is usually a bit cheaper?

The vids are a pain to post! I had to use my YouTube account!

ETA: Who is buying up all this stuff? Everytime I buy a ring it's a big fight with other people circling too.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
K, it looks like that out of the sun. I managed to save a photo from the video. Actually, I do know how non translucent jade looks like. I have them amongst my bangles. But for bangles I find it acceptable and I love it. For cabs, I am not sure.

I also think, to expect something less green when it comes, should I buy it.
Jade out of the sun.jpg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lavender will shift under different lights but always looks better against skin :)
The best photo was with sunlight streaming through the window

Lavender Jade Necklace 3.jpg
Today is a cold, dull, dreary, rainy day so cannot take any more good photos, and definitely no skin shots! However DW has decided we are keeping the necklace. :clap:

Thank you all for your comments, really helped us get our thoughts sorted out.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
K, it looks like that out of the sun. I managed to save a photo from the video. Actually, I do know how non translucent jade looks like. I have them amongst my bangles. But for bangles I find it acceptable and I love it. For cabs, I am not sure.

I also think, to expect something less green when it comes, should I buy it.
Jade out of the sun.jpg

Do you love it?

That looks more translucent than in the studio pic. Her greens are pretty spot on so I think you'll get a nice green.

Now you just need to work out if you want to hold out for more water, thicker cab. But then the size might be smaller.

4 of 5 green things I bought from her were as green as expected, two were greener. One was not as green but I think the polish on that one wasn't as good and I didn't ask for outdoor vid because the cuteness trumped color for me.

Did she make any comments on this one?

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @mellowyellowgirl

And you are right. She says this one is a bright bright green. Just not so translucent. Not that it is not translucent. Just less so. Less water. She has hardly been wrong with the green.

After all this agonising, who knows, this 5.3K one might well sell whilst I am asleep. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results