shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of Bling Compliments: Where Was The Most Awkward Location You Received A Compliment?

P

Petalouda

Getting swabbed for covid. I think he was trying to distract me from the unpleasantness.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funerals.

DK :confused2:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Last week I was at the dentist, and my dentist and her assistant were both ogling and complimenting my ring.....while drilling my teeth! I wanted to tell them to focus on my mouth because I was about to gag and drown on my own saliva, and they were too busy looking down at my rings to notice!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got on the plane in Dubai, and as soon as I sat in my seat, the AS grabbed my hand and said “How big is your diamond?”, so I told her and she said “Wow, he must really love you” :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what an amusing thread
:appl:
i totally missed it last time around

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
As my husband's funeral was ending and people were starting to leave, they were coming up to me to give me a hug, tell how sorry they were, etc. I was standing there crying and accepting it all, one woman that I didn't know took my hand to say something, then she saw the rings on my finger and said "Oh, did he give you that?!? It's lovely!". I just stood there not saying anything, I wish I'd had enough wits about me to say "No, it came from the bottom of a Cracker Jack box!".

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
The pharmacy lol getting my pills and she was just drooling she even yelled at the pharmacist to come look

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Was just putting my Black Opal and White Gold pinkie ring back on after washing my hands and a guy standing at the urinal saw it, commented on it and asked where I got it from. I said something like thanks but let's have this conversation at the bar once you're finished.

Somewhat off topic, but Jordy's comment brings this quick story to mind. I was with a group of jewelers at the Magic Castle in LA many years ago. I went into the men's room to use the urinal, when Don Knotts stepped up into the urinal next to me. I turned my head and said, "My wife and I love watching you on the TV." He looked over and smiled and thanked me. I then finished and fled the room.

I stopped where the rest of my group was waiting for two of the ladies in our group to rejoin us and I said I had just made a complete idiot of myself and told them what I had done. When they finished laughing at me, a young man stepped over to us and told me it was okay, "Grandpa loves it when people talk to him no matter where."

Mr Knotts is now long passed, and I can now laugh at two of my most embarrassing moments, only a few seconds apart...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results