shape
carat
color
clarity

Spacer question

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
I am considering a spacer to ensure the prongs on my new vatche u113 don’t get damaged - and now I’m brainstorming if it is possible to do something more fun than a plain, thin band. Any experts have ideas on if it would be possible to get a very thin band with a row of teeny tiny colored diamonds?! What would I need to specify to ensure it serves its purpose of protecting the prongs of the engagement ring - just the height of the band or does it also need to be something like channel set?

Not sure if this would work but could be fun! Was thinking of emailing Diamonds by Lauren - saw some pretty yellow diamond bands on her site but wonder what other color options might be possible (I love pink but not sure how pricey that would be).

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have the 1/2ctw diamond eternity band that I use as a spacer. You can see it in my avatar pic. It is also available in sapphire/diamond combo If you are looking for color.

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
I have the 1/2ctw diamond eternity band that I use as a spacer. You can see it in my avatar pic. It is also available in sapphire/diamond combo If you are looking for color.

Very pretty, definitely a style I will consider!!

lavalle218

Rough_Rock

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
I have the same question about spacer so I’m avidly following this thread. Would the side of the eternity band still rub the side metal of the eRing?

Here’s one that someone referred to on a blog (can’t remember which now) with pink diamonds on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/185046570/natural-light-pink-diamond-eternity-band?ref=user_profile

Any ring will rub against the sides - what I wanted to prevent was rubbing against the prongs. I didn’t have success trying to find someone to make me a tiny thin band with pink diamonds so I got an ultra thin band from Etsy for the time being and it’s worked well.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I believe that adding diamonds to a spacer defeats the purpose of having one"! My husband's wise words when he saw me buying a very thin diamond band and wearing it as a spacer after having spent two months explaining to him that I need a spacer because the diamonds of my wedding set are rubbing against the metal of my rings!!! :lol:

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
I just saw this on another spacer thread and am considering it but will probably get it custom. May be you can get it made with coloured diamonds by Lauren B or other jeweller? https://www.etsy.com/listing/749246...t?variation0=1322347660&variation1=1341004047.

I emailed diamonds by Lauren since they specialize in fancy colored diamonds and their response rubbed me the wrong way so decided not to pursue (I asked some very specific questions, they replied with a quote that was way higher than similar bands they had on their site and answered none of my questions so felt like they weren’t interested in my business).

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
This is what I got as my spacer and seems to work well enough - I may still search for something else in the future but this solved my immediate concern! Would love to see if you get a band with pink diamonds!!
2168F9A7-212A-4E48-BD86-3150F6F1F7B5.jpeg

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I emailed diamonds by Lauren since they specialize in fancy colored diamonds and their response rubbed me the wrong way so decided not to pursue (I asked some very specific questions, they replied with a quote that was way higher than similar bands they had on their site and answered none of my questions so felt like they weren’t interested in my business).

Sorry to hear about D by Lauren. I haven’t dealt with them before. My friend got something from Leibish a couple of years ago and was pleased with their service. I think there’s a vendor testimonial thread on PS—perhaps search there?

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
This is what I got as my spacer and seems to work well enough - I may still search for something else in the future but this solved my immediate concern! Would love to see if you get a band with pink diamonds!!
2168F9A7-212A-4E48-BD86-3150F6F1F7B5.jpeg

Where did you get this spacer? I like that it’s really low and has a nice detail.

lavalle218

Rough_Rock

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a link to the spacer I got - I just got a silver version since I wasn’t sure I would even like it - but I do think it works well, serves its purpose and is a pretty little detail to add.

Thanks! I’m going to see if I can find something on amazon.ca that has a good return policy so I can try it on first. I’m not sure if I need a spacer to be higher like a knife edge or flatter. Mine doesn’t have a donut but the prongs start far out (guess I have a wide basket bottom?)

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock

@Kaycee2018, does the side of the eternity band rub the prongs of your eRing?

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Kaycee2018, does the side of the eternity band rub the prongs of your eRing?

The band is low set enough that it does not rub my prongs (and my diamond is set pretty low). BlueNile has a great return policy, so could always try it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results