shape
carat
color
clarity

sp eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cairns

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m looking for a wb and I was thinking of the SP .34 shared prong eternity band. Does anyone have it? Hand pics would be great, its difficult to visualize a band so thin. Also, does anyone know if its possible to have a 1.5mm band engraved?

Many Thanks
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.5mm is very, very tiny and thin. I''d worry about the ring bending with so little metal. If it''s a full eternity, there will be holes on the entire inside and no place to engrave. You''d have to ask a jeweler if they can be engraved if the ring doesn''t have the holes.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with MrsS. I wouldn''t go under 2.0mm on any ring.

cairns

Rough_Rock
Oh well
7.gif
....I thought because it was Facets/Signed Pieces that it would be ''sturdy'', even though it was so small. It was this one (I forgot to put the link before) http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2173. Thank you both so much for the advice. Its difficult to decide what to wear for the rest of my life
1.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Cairns,

I just looked online at your ring. It doesn''t appear to have the holes in the band, but I prefer the 2.1mm size. Let us know what you decide.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I have a friend who has one similar, but no pics. She''s been wearing hers for 2 years now with no trouble. It is very thin and delicate, and it really suits her. Some days she wears it alone and sometimes with a thin tiff-style solitaire. I think it might look odd with a thicker e-ring. What would you wear it with? If you like it, why not order it and see what you think? I like how it has the smooth sides compared with the prong sides that you see on the thicker shared prong bands.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
To quote my MIL "who says it has to be the rest of your life? That''s what upgrades are for!"
2.gif
11.gif
9.gif

cairns

Rough_Rock
I think that I will order it, just to see....I just looked at albicocca''s thread with the engraving on the side of the band, and fell in love with it. I really don''t want to upgrade, although I love all of the fancy ering settings that I see here on pricescope...

I love the simplle classic styles too. My ering has this setting (but with six prongs) http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/classic-solitaire-settings.asp?module=setting&cid=57&item=795. Although it says its 2.2mm wide, it really looks much thinner because of the way the band is shaped. Its been really difficult to find a wb that goes well with it. The plain 2mm bands I tried on just don''t quite look right. For all of you with this setting, what wb''s do you have?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you ever tried on a ring that thin? Just make sure you like it. My wedding band is 2.5mm (and I have small hands) and I don''t really like the way it looks alone.

cairns

Rough_Rock
No, I haven''t tried on a ring that thin before. There aren''t any stores near me that have anything like it. So unfortunately ordering it is the only way to see if its a good match. At least they have a nice return policy if it doesn''t work out.

Little

Rough_Rock
Hi! Haven''t been here in a while, but I just wanted to chime in and say that SP rings are die struck and very, very strong. If you want super thin, nothing beats a die struck ring! Good luck
9.gif

Little

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results