shape
carat
color
clarity

SP channel set band is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok everyone, gimme your feedback. I just got the SP channel set (.51 ct, 36 stones, F-G, VVS-VS). I think it look FAB! I sent photos to my hubby and told him I love it and I want him to tell me if I should keep it or try the next larger size up (just a tad more ct weight and a hair wider??) I love this one--just want to be sure before I call it DONE! Give me your honest opinions!

061407_6.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
don''t know why these photos look so orange! It''s really cloudy here today so I can''t WAIT to see this baby in the sun!

061407123.jpg

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
i think its just lovely and so dainty. but who am i to try and dispute more ct weight.
3.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another

061407_5.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this has absolutely nothing to do with my rings, but I took this photo this morning of my sweet little sapphire bracelet my hubby gave me at xmas. Just thought I''d post it here...

061407_4.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a perfect match!!!!! I love it!!! Will you wear it alone sometimes??? It is very very Pretty!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more ring photo, then I have to do some actual work...

061407_2.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, I''ll wear it alone occasionally so that''s the only reason I''m wondering about the size. I don''t want to go too much bigger and overpower my gorgeous ring but I don''t want it to seem too skimpy either! It''s not much more $ to get a little larger one.

Speaking of wearing it alone, I''ll have to do that for a few days while my ring goes back to WF to be resized. I got the 4 3/4 in the SP band and it is a perfect fit! So now I''m sure about making the ering a 4 3/4 as well!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE a beautiful channel set ring! I think it''s the perfect size to pair up with your e-ring!
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s funny--I think a lot of us are coming from the "chunky ring" camp. I got married in early 2005 and dainty rings weren''t so in then (at least not where I live). So now that I''m liking the thinner, "less is more" look, I''m having to get used to looking down and seeing a tiny little glimmer instead of a ring that shouts "METAL"!!

The other ring I liked from SP was only $180 more and was .59 ct (this one is .51), 33 stones (this one is 36), 2.6 mm wide (same as this one), 1.5 mm thick (same as this one) and 3.2 grams (this one is 2.6 grams). So it''s the same width and height with fewer, larger stones. The stones in that one would be about .178 each, as compared to this one which is about .141 each. I don''t even know how noticeable that would be. ???

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more hand shot, taken a little further out to give you all a better perspective on size...

061407_7.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Give us some more pictures! That last one almost looks like you could go with the next size.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... I actually really like the size of this one next to your e-ring. I''m having a hard time though with the concept of more/bigger stones but the ring isn''t any wider... is it less metal on the rims then?

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I think the size of that band compliments your ering PERFECTLY! Gorgeous!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 11:53:56 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Hmmm... I actually really like the size of this one next to your e-ring. I''m having a hard time though with the concept of more/bigger stones but the ring isn''t any wider... is it less metal on the rims then?

I was just wondering the same thing. I really like the look and width of this one, but if you''re unsure could you order the other carat size as well and compare the two in person? That''s probably what I would do!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the size is perfect with your ring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 11:53:56 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
I''m struggling with this too. If it''s not wider...would it really make a difference visually? You''re talking 17 pointers versus 14 pointers fitting in the same size band.

This does look gorgeous next to your ring...but if there is a visual difference with the other band, it could be worth exploring!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think this one is perfect with your ring, just the right compliment without being overpowering to your pretty diamond.

however, as the others are saying, if the width is the same then i'm not sure the difference? maybe the sparkle factor is a bit more? less space between diamonds (though doesn't look like there is much space in the one you have either). ???? i might consider ordering the other to compare the two. or at least call your vendor and ask what the difference is, visually, and confirm it really is the same width (and how can that be?).

ETA: my mom just bought a memoire with diamonds that only go around the top part (not even 1/2 eternity) and it is VERY dainty. she has size 8 fingers and it looks right all by itself. she can wear it either way. not sure of the width exactly, but i'd guess 2.5mm tops.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just talked to Isaac and he is happy to send me another one but said unless I go up to like .75 ctw, I won''t be able to tell a difference. (By the way, some of the mm widths on their website were wrong--he and I chatted about that.) I think a .75 ctw (or close to that) would overpower my ering (Isaac agreed). So the option I would have him send me (if I decided to do that) would be the .59 ctw. It would be slightly wider and heigher (but not much) to accomodate for the slightly larger stones.

Lesley at WF said a slightly larger one might look nicer as well. I don''t know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, I''ll do nothing today--but I''m thinking about it!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
I love your wedding set! Classic, beautiful and elegant! As for going bigger in carat weight...i think it looks beautiful as it is...but who would argue against bigger stones!!

DesiLu

Rough_Rock
It''s a hard call because this one looks so darn *perfect* with your e-ring, just the perfect combo! But at the same time, I would be opting for the bigger carat-weight, given the opportunity!!

VERY hard call!
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I''m certainly not going to try to talk you out of going with more ctw, but this band really does look just right with your e-ring...
9.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isaac was just concerned that I''d get the bigger one and say "did he send me the same ring?". He''s so funny. I guess to put my mind at ease, I should have him send me the bigger one. I just hate to put yet another ring on my credit card, only to return it and wait for the credit to show up (which is what I''m doing now from the Firenze return...).

The even larger one is .72 ctw (so 20% more ctw) but that is divided between 30 stones, so that seems like it would be noticeable but not overpowering. That band is 2.7mm wide (which is fine) and 1.8 thick (which is probably also fine--not sure). Isaac said I should go to a local store and try on a 3/4 ctw band but I told him they''re all thick (tall) and have a bunch of metal on the sides and it totally changes the look.

DSC00678.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more

DSC00682.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can''t get any more perfect than PERFECT. I vote "no changies". No more charges. No more wondering. ENJOY!

Sheesh ... we Pscopers are a THINKY, BROODY, obsessive bunch!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 4:26:41 PM
Author: decodelighted
You can''t get any more perfect than PERFECT. I vote ''no changies''. No more charges. No more wondering. ENJOY!

Sheesh ... we Pscopers are a THINKY, BROODY, obsessive bunch!
3.gif

I agree. I think if you go bigger then it will take away from your center stone.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and perfect, looks great with your ering!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Lesley is right...you could go slightly larger and definitely not overpower your ring. Too much more would overwhelm it. But you do have a little wiggle room here. The one you already have doesn''t look bad at all though if you end up sticking with it.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes we are!!!!!!!!!! :) Here''s my take on it after mulling over it all day...

There''s no harm in me ordering another one and comparing them side by side. If I can''t tell a difference, I''ll send it back. If I can tell a difference, I''ll send the other back. My guess is that they won''t have one in a 4 3/4 in the larger ctw, but they can send me something close.

I was hoping there would be a resounding "get a bigger one" or "keep the one you''ve got!" but there''s a very mixed bag! Lesley and Vera at WF both said go bigger, Isaac said keep this one, and then on the board, there are a bunch of you who say you''d never say no to more bling! :)

Oh well, even with paying all this back and forth shipping, it''s still lots cheaper than buying locally and I''m getting WAY better quality!
Thanks for all your feedback! keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results