shape
carat
color
clarity

Southern GTG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2006 1:26:39 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Hi, Tacori! I just wanted to stop in and say hello! I''m too old to get together with you younger girls, but I do hope we can meet sometime! I have been preoccupied for a few weeks and haven''t worked on my own ring project lately.

Guess what? My brother-in-law bought a 1 ct. diamond e-ring from WhiteFlash this week...and I picked out the diamonds for him to choose from! She gets the ring next weekend, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that she loves it!

DS! You are NOT too old to meet us and talk about all things diamonds! It will be fun. Think about it.
9.gif
I hope she loves the ring. It is such a great feeling knowing you helped in such an important decision. I felt that way when my FFIL bought their ready-set-go stubs for my FMIL. She LOVED them!!!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
I''m down for anything...beach sounds good too!!

XChick actually I''ll be down in Charleston May 5th weekend for a wedding...don''t know how much time I''ll actually have during the day though we''re going to visit a reception site I found on theknot.com!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2006 11:12:51 AM
Author: moon river
Mat, you mean Camp Nakanawa???? I went every summer for 5 years!!! OMG it is a small world. My little town is on I-75 between Knoxville and Chattanooga. I''m sure you''ve passed through. If you blinked though you''d have missed it.
Yup I do mean Camp Nakanawa! I was a Valkyrie. My paternal grandmother went there as well. What were you?
I cannot believe I have found another camp girl, though I was not a very good camper. That is where I found my love of Nancy Drew I read the entire first collection my first summer at camp.

I have often driven from Knoxville to Atlanta and I love Chattanooga''s aquarium...it is awesome!
How funny is this another camper!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Mat, my camp sister!!!! If you love the aquarium in Chatt, you''d love the one in Gatlinburg! You''ve definately passed through my little spot on the map a few times. I have to go through my old stuff at my mom''s and dig up some old camp stuff. I know she still has a basket I wove in her kitchen. I was so proud of it then. Now,
14.gif
. But she kept it anyway. Did you ever make the leather bracelets where you hammer the design into it. I think I have a million of those. I wish kids got into camp now like they did in my day. They don''t know what they''re missing.
2.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2006 1:28:39 PM
Author: Princess V
3.gif
I''m down for anything...beach sounds good too!!

XChick actually I''ll be down in Charleston May 5th weekend for a wedding...don''t know how much time I''ll actually have during the day though we''re going to visit a reception site I found on theknot.com!

We''re actually moving back there (finally) in like two days. I''m so excited. My birthday is May 1st so it''ll be great to be home for it. What reception site? I''m still looking for one.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2006 7:14:20 PM

Date: 4/18/2006 4:35:44 PM
Author: Angela1977
I''m in Knoxville, TN, so Atlanta would be awesome...
Of course Charlotte isn''t bad either, nor Nashville...
I''m not picky!
OMG!!!! We''re practically neighbors. Ever pass through Sweetwater????
I''ll have to keep an eye on this thread! I''m in Knoxville 4-5 times a year. My corporate office is located there. I''ll sometimes do a road trip to Atlanta or Nashville.

Would like to hit Greenville next!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Greenville would work for me too. It''s so pretty there!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
PV we should make a plan.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Greenville NC or Greenville SC?

I can go for both... but Greenville NC sounds really good.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
There''s one in NC? Where is it?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry my dears! Been a little overwhelmed with school lately!

How about the weekend of May 20th? Haha I was thinking then would be a good time to run amuck in Charlotte and try on wedding bands (and bling!)! (well that''s just for my selfish needs
3.gif
) I''m down with wherever though. 20th seems to work for me. What about y''all?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 11:38:51 PM

How about the weekend of May 20th? Haha I was thinking then would be a good time to run amuck in Charlotte and try on wedding bands (and bling!)! (well that''s just for my selfish needs
3.gif

As of right now I am open (Saturdays are better for me than Sundays). Have you been to diamonds direct yet? It is HUGE! We could always hit up South Park....Tiffany''s (what''s your FI''s budget
27.gif
31.gif
11.gif
)

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 12:06:44 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 4/24/2006 11:38:51 PM

3.gif

As of right now I am open (Saturdays are better for me than Sundays). Have you been to diamonds direct yet? It is HUGE! We could always hit up South Park....Tiffany''s (what''s your FI''s budget
27.gif
31.gif
11.gif
)
Haha let''s do it Saturday then! I haven''t actually been inside Diamonds Direct but I want to go! LOL And yes we can always hit up Tiffanys! Actually, my plan is to try on a whole bunch of different wedding bands (but I''ll probably end up going with just a small thin band of pave frin Quest) but hey we can always try on bling for fun at both places yummy! And we''ll do lunch at Southpark...oo I''m getting excited
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 8:31:10 AM
Date: 4/25/2006 12:06:44 AM

Haha let''s do it Saturday then! I haven''t actually been inside Diamonds Direct but I want to go! LOL And yes we can always hit up Tiffanys! Actually, my plan is to try on a whole bunch of different wedding bands (but I''ll probably end up going with just a small thin band of pave frin Quest) but hey we can always try on bling for fun at both places yummy! And we''ll do lunch at Southpark...oo I''m getting excited
36.gif

You are so funny. I am getting married this summer and STILL haven''t ordered my wedding band
32.gif
Cheesecake Factory is always good. May 20th. Who else is in? Diamond seeker?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Ok let''s meet for lunch at Cheesecake Factory (I was hoping you''d suggest that!) on May 20th. What time? Noonish?? Then we''ll go to the stores after that haha...yay for trying on bling! We can always try on other e-rings as well ;-) how long do you think Tiffany''s will put up with us?

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Oh the horror of being banned from Tiffany''s
32.gif
I''d be sooooo ashamed.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds good. I went there with my FMIL to look at BM gifts and the lady was actually really nice so maybe it will take awhile before they kick us out!

MINE, XChick can you make it?!?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 2:41:16 PM
Oh the horror of being banned from Tiffany''s
32.gif
I''d be sooooo ashamed.
Haha I went into Tiff''s there right before I was engaged and tried on the Legacy. The saleslady she was really nice and patient. I totally asked her about their reports ( and about the GIA grading scandal anyone) and all sorts of other cut questions from the cushion criss-cut in the Legacy to their rounds. She told me "My, you do seem very educated on your diamonds!" (not sure if that was a compliment or sarcasm!)
31.gif

Christian Bernard in the mall in Charlotte, gahh!! That woman was so rude to me there! I asked to see a halo setting and asked if they''d be able to accomodate my stone (just to get prices like I''d ever let them touch my Jub!) and she said "Oh, I know what your cushion stone is...I''ve seen these before!" all condescending like. I really wanted to say oh really...then how come you''re still selling those subpar HoF Dream cuts with no arrows for a million bucks?!
29.gif

Hey Tacori, maybe they can take us into a diamond viewing room and we can try on the BIG stuff!
30.gif
31.gif
Oh sooo bad I am! I can''t wait to check out Diamonds Direct though..if it''s as big as it sounds...that''ll be great!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, we have a couple of things going on that day, so I am not 100% sure. But the mention of Tiffany''s is an extremely tempting aspect! It would be so much more fun to go with people than alone! The last time I went, I couldn''t bring myself to go in the Christian Bernard store after going in Tiffany''s! If I have my new diamond by then, it would be very helpful to be able to try on w-bands, plus I''d have ya''ll to give me your opinion. But heck, I''d be like your mother going with you!!! My 20 year old doesn''t even invite me to go shopping with her very often! Lol!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janis you are so silly. Maybe you just don''t want to hang out with us! ha! Come on, lunch and diamonds. What could be better?!?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheesecake Factory, Tiffany''s, and diamond friends...doesn''t get much better than that!

I''ll try to come! A friend''s daughter is getting married that day (rather suddenly) and I am not sure if they are inviting anyone outside the family or not. If they do I''ll have to go. But I haven''t even heard the time yet. So I''ll have to let you know.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t be silly!! Please come! Besides if you come, we''d have an excuse to try on some big honker engagement rings at Tiffany''s!
31.gif
11.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, going to a wedding is a good excuse. Just let us know and remember you are welcome to join us!

MINE? You making the roadtrip?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone else?

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds fantastic! I don''t know yet if I can make it then or not, though. But I''ll try my best!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 12:39:43 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Okay, going to a wedding is a good excuse. Just let us know and remember you are welcome to join us!

MINE? You making the roadtrip?
I really wish I could.. but it looks as if my life will not friggin slow down. One of my children have a Tournament in Wilmington that weekend and the other has her Year end ballet recital.... Still trying to figure out how in the heck I am going to be in 2 places at the same time!!!

But I want to see REALLY good pictures... and try on some gemstone rings at Tiffany''s for me. See if they have an spessartite and I know they will just pale in comparison...
28.gif

Don''t forget everyone... pictures and gemstones Pictures and gemstones!! (I know you loadies are going to go goo goo over those diamonds.. but don''t forget the COLOR!!!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
XChick just let us know. We would love to have you join us.
MINE!! OH NO! Maybe next time. I will do my best to get pictures. Does Tiffany''s let you?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tacori (so sorry for my disappearance!) are we still on for this Saturday?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, PV, yes, we are still on for this Saturday! I am hoping to make some sort of final decision about size, color, clarity, and setting for my new diamond and you girls can help me!!! Do you have Tacori''s email? I am not sure we should give our exact meeting arrangements on a public forum?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm...yeah, we can just meet at the restaurant. I can''t wait!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results