shape
carat
color
clarity

source/quality of non-branded stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I have to say on understanding the process a little better it has a two fold affect. One being more respect for the slight premium for some of the name brands, in particular after learning how WF diamonds are selected, it not only add the assurity of excellent performance but also adds a somewhat more romantic element to the diamond.

But on the other hand it really emphasises the idea that the cut and light performance is what is important, not the brand name--which I already understood.

Also, what I meant when I said that I don''t really care about the cutter was that I would not consider less of a masterfully cut diamond for the sake of a "brand name,", or more specifically that I don''t care who a cutter works for or what name his merchandise carries, but rather about the ability he has and the product he has produced.

And for a funny analogy:
I have never been much of a "Tommy hillfiger" kind of guy--I mostly just look for solid, well made, good looking reliable pants. But at the same time, if Tommy were to personally try on and inspect each pair of pants before putting them out with his brand name. Well then...I might be interested in owning a pair (if I could get over the disgusting element present in the pants issue).

diasurfer

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 3:47:19 PM
Author: Wink
Heavyweight, who you calling heavyweight? Sure, I could use a loss of a few pounds, but to be publically ridiculed???

emwink.gif

Wink

Yo-dia: "A screw loose, Master Obi-Wink has. Quite sensitive, he is. Size matters not. Look at me."
2.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/21/2007 2:53:57 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 6/21/2007 1:58:24 PM
Author: Rhino

Reading Brian’s post again I’d like to make a clarification and apology. Since the GOG name has been brought up in this thread a few times and Brian’s reference to the growing of one vendor’s Pinocchio nose I made the assumption that he was referring to GOG which I should not have done. Why? I don’t advertise who my sources are to our clients so for that I apologize in my assumption.
Thanks Rhino. We don’t want this to be misconstrued either. To be clear, Brian’s comments were not aimed at GOG. Their name appearing in this thread had nothing to do with the content of his post.
Thank you for the clarification John and diasurfer.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/21/2007 4:32:55 PM
Author: diasurfer

Date: 6/21/2007 3:47:19 PM
Author: Wink
Heavyweight, who you calling heavyweight? Sure, I could use a loss of a few pounds, but to be publically ridiculed???

emwink.gif

Wink

Yo-dia: ''A screw loose, Master Obi-Wink has. Quite sensitive, he is. Size matters not. Look at me.''
2.gif

LOL, Master Obi Wink has more than one loose screw he has! Yo-dia is wise and sees all he does!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results