shape
carat
color
clarity

Sounds Like Operation Upgrade is About to Commence...

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sounds like it all worked out for the best!

As for being obsessive, well last night, not for the first time my wife asked me "hey what are you typing so fast about." And I, not for the first time, responded, "oh, just responding to some thread on Pricescope." This was followed by the obligatory eye-roll of course.

Maybe we should coin a new term for this kind of obsession we share: Pricescope Husband Disorder: PHD. :D

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

As for being obsessive, well last night, not for the first time my wife asked me "hey what are you typing so fast about." And I, not for the first time, responded, "oh, just responding to some thread on Pricescope." This was followed by the obligatory eye-roll of course.

Maybe we should coin a new term for this kind of obsession we share: Pricescope Husband Disorder: PHD. :D
I wish my husband was as obsessed with diamonds and jewelry as I am! :lol-2:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've started telling my husband I'm answering emails when I type so fast (and obviously with a lot of emotion/concentration)... otherwise, he rolls his eye if I say I'm on PS. ;-)

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
I wish my husband was as obsessed with diamonds and jewelry as I am! :lol-2:

Uhhhhh...ditto, ditto and ditto. My husband's input to me has been, "Sell the crap you have already and we can talk new settings, new ring...I'm tired of the bulls**t!" That's been his input.

Sledge, IMHO you sound like you have the patience of a saint...but your last few posts do read a bit weary.

You have a lot going on right now. I'm glad it's all working out for you. As life moves on (at least initially), this jewelry stuff will have lesser importance, for sure...at least in the short-run (until as others mentioned, you gain more prosperity and disposable cash for 'stuff'). The diamond, diamond ring, diamond setting, etc, etc is all part of the engagement, pre-marriage madness that most of us get (got) caught up in. It's part of the process. I sincerely wish you and your fiancee a lifetime of prosperity, love and happiness!

BTW...I LOVE the iPhone charger plug comment...spot on! LOVE IT!

Last edited:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I'm @sledge. I suffer from being obsessive compulsive about diamonds in general and have been self-diagnosed with PHD. When are we talking diamonds again? Oh wait, I'm not supposed to do that.

Is it time to talk diamonds again, yet?

:mrgreen2: :lol-2:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
@sledge I have followed your thread on diamond and custom setting choice from the beginning and am amazed how much effort you put into the process. I'm glad that you and your girlfriend are in a good place now, with regards to the ring. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Well, it's probably more useful than my PhD.

Haha self-depreciating scientist humor. :mrgreen:

I'm only joking...

...My PhD is useful

...Sometimes

...Maybe?

I'll just go cry in a corner and reflect on my life choices now.

:lol-2:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Those naughty partners eye rolling pricescope! There are actually life lessons to be learned through some of the threads and maybe this one in particular. Taking care to do something right, pleasing another person who you are about to commit to for life, when something goes amiss you don't immediately jump to fix it, taking time to think about the best way forward as opposed to spending a whole lot of extra money at this moment. It's not all about frivolous and fabulous jewelry but more the way you do things! Universal application stuff.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

My wife does the exact same thing to me when she sees the blue header of the Pricescope page on my iPhone or iPad!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If my wife complain about her H colored stone then I'll take it back and remount it into a tension setting and wear it myself. :praise:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's probably more useful than my PhD.

Haha self-depreciating scientist humor. :mrgreen:

I'm only joking...

...My PhD is useful

...Sometimes

...Maybe?

I'll just go cry in a corner and reflect on my life choices now.

:lol-2:

LOL poor @TreeScientist. I actually thought about you this past weekend. I have no idea what you really do outside of being a scientist of sorts and you seem very smart.

Anyhow watching an old but favorite movie, The Rock, and was like "yep, TreeScientist, is the guy that can't or won't shoot a gun but will save the world".

FBI chemical warfare expert Stanley Goodspeed (Nicolas Cage) is sent on an urgent mission with a former British spy, John Patrick Mason (Sean Connery), to stop Gen. Francis X. Hummel (Ed Harris) from launching chemical weapons on Alcatraz Island into San Francisco. Gen. Hummel demands $100 million in war reparations to be paid to the families of slain servicemen who died on covert operations. After their SEAL team is wiped out, Stanley and John deal with the soldiers on their own.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results